Contender Series 2024 thread

I think he's gonna roll. His opponent has a very unimpressive record, and after the weigh ins the size difference has become apparent.

Teixeira is 6'8 and 259.
Lopes is 6'2 and 218.

I'm not sure I have ever seen such an obvious squash match on the Contender Series. I mean, it's HW so I guess that's something. I will be prepared surprised if it's even particularly competitive TBH.

I can't believe the guy's nickname is 'Jon Jones'. So fucking weird.

My heart almost stopped when Tallison got hit with some of those wild windmill overhands.

In other news, Finney got another chance because someone got injured in Week 8. Finney better channel his inner Igor and completely murk this other dude so the Pink one has mercy on him. Same Week Diyar will fight pretty excited for that one. Random Trivia I always have to think of this kid named Diyar in my elementary school. Henry Cejudo height little guy that looked nothing like this Diyar lol.

Week 9 is probably the card with the highest quality on it. Pinto,Dulatov and Vakhitov should get their contracts if they dont mess up. Vakhitov should be careful tho the other guy won a fight recently because his other opponent was acting cocky and got knocked out with a highkick 10 seconds in at HW.

WEEK 7 has best names so far this season, Vadim Kutsyi, Kevin Vallejos, Bailey Schonfelder, Cam Teague (hardest match up but he will earn contract next year) and Rose Conceicao...

WEEK 7 has best names so far this season, Vadim Kutsyi, Kevin Vallejos, Bailey Schonfelder, Cam Teague (hardest match up but he will earn contract next year) and Rose Conceicao...

Schonfelder's opponent looks like a pure can-crusher so he should easily win a contract but he belongs at 205lbs IMO and I hope that's where he fights in the UFC.

Schonfelder's opponent looks like a pure can-crusher so he should easily win a contract but he belongs at 205lbs IMO and I hope that's where he fights in the UFC.
Voevodkin has kyokushin karate and some kickboxing experience, but Bailey will outwrestle him I think. Isn't easy fight definetly.

Back