Considering The Risk Of Heart Attacks related To Steroid Use...

if there was any basis for this claim, IFBB bodybuilders and top amateur bodybuilders would be dying at an alarming rate. That's not the case though.

dbol is harsh, deca is harsh, and I love primo. It isn't harsh at all. I definitely don't take a gram of test a week, and I definitely don't take any form of tren. You seem butt hurt
My butt is ok, thank you for the interest but you should know that I only top. In general, not you in specific, I see a massive amount of ignorance on the board around well most anything. PEDs is a good example. When I see someone make the claim that Arnold in the early 70s was doing extreme cycles that falls in the category of ignorance to me. He did pretty low dose, mild crap. Times have changed dramatically. I know of, talk to, see, read and hear of people doing all kinds of insane shit in a variety of different spots and activities - track (from high school to Olympics) endurance athletes (tris and cycling - all cats), and of course the lifting community from the meatheads, to powerlifting to a couple of pro bodybuilders / fitness girls and guys. I love watching MMA but I'm not part of that community at all. I'm not personally familiar with drugs, cycles, dosages, etc. for MMA. I don't know anyone in the NBA, NFL or MLB. Personally research on my animals is pretty extensive over the past 25 years. Nothing currently as facing some health issues that contra-indicate to such research.

didn't had schwarzie like 4 heart attack already ? I think he is closely monitored

I fear for Ken Shamrock, who had a heart problem agains fujita, and Mark Kerr.
I don't know if he had heart attacks but I do know that in the 90's I think it was he had to have open heart surgery. He wasn't having a heart attack though it was a scheduled procedure

Edit: the details of the surgery as per wiki:
Schwarzenegger was born with a bicuspid aortic valve, an aortic valve with only two leaflets (a normal aortic valve has three leaflets).[145][146] Schwarzenegger opted in 1997 for a replacement heart valve made of his own transplanted tissue; medical experts predicted he would require heart valve replacement surgery in the following two to eight years as his valve would progressively degrade. Schwarzenegger apparently opted against a mechanical valve, the only permanent solution available at the time of his surgery, because it would have sharply limited his physical activity and capacity to exercise.[147]

You really think adding a natural hormone like test that you're body produces less of to make you stay feeling young just gives a heart attack? Arnold abused some really hard steroids but there is no evidence that it led to heart problems. It was probably the 7000 calories he ate daily as body builder that led to that or hereditary.
What are you talking about? Yes there is evidence that some anabolics lead to heart problems. If your contention is that running a few short cycles here and there won't hurt you in the long run then I don't know, maybe you are right. But anyone using them as much as bodybuilder or old Sly is definitely playing with fire. Of course in the case of guys like Sly he probably has a doctor running tests on him all the time, but not many people can afford that.

Arnold abused some really hard steroids but there is no evidence that it led to heart problems.

As if you or anyone else here could get a hold of that info, for or against. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Have there been any MMA fighters who have died suspiciously young because of heart attacks? Maybe the sport is too new. I suspect the fighters in the first generation of MMA fighters - roughly the ones who started competing between 1993 and 2002, will start having problems soon. I hope there won't be too many casualties, but one look at the number of pro wrestlers who died before 50 years old is very frightening, especially the wrestlers who were at the peak of their career in the 1980s.

How do you suppose Arnold Scwarxenegger is still not only alive but still active having been Governor of CA and now is back making movies in which he still has huge muscles? Sylvester Stallone seemed to keep getting more muscular the older he got. He's still massive in his 60s! How do they stay so healthy?

Dada dies in hospital after bullshit fights, revived.

Kimbo fails basic bullshit test, dies weeks after.

that's why iIm 'talking about, make steroids in MMA great again

these guys, randleman, probably kimbo (out of shape, too), shamrock. these guys loaded up on the juice without thinking twice

let's allow PED, but a low dosage, let USADA oversees this shit

Might not have been mentioned, but Shane Del Rosario was a great HW prospect, but passed away at age 30 sadly. Obviously it's speculation, but his physique/size for a HW was a bit fishy to me. 244 with abs/wide jaw, similar stats to current Reem. This bit on his wiki also raised a flag IMO:

According to Erik Apple, a training partner who had known del Rosario since they were in high school, del Rosario's liver and kidneys were not functioning and he had been put on dialysis.

In his defense, the former statement can be caused by many things, and apparently he did have an underlying heart condition in the autopsy. But the coke/oxy definitely didn't help in either case.

A drug toxicology screen performed at the time of del Rosario's death indicated that he had recently used cocaine and opiates. However, the immediate causes of death listed on his death certificate are anoxic encephalopathy, ventricular fibrillation and Long QT Syndrome, and additionally that "other significant conditions contributing to death but not resulting in the underlying cause" were cocaine and opiates.

Either way I've got nothing but respect for SDR though cause aside from maybe Cain, I always assume any shredded HW 240+ is probably on that fortified white Lesnar meat so "possible" PED usage outside of camp is fine to me (as long as it's not in camp/fight). Still, speaking from experience mixing uppers & downers is a big no-no for the body, especially the heart. Potentially mixing them with PEDs is beyond reckless. Sadly this phenomenon is much more prevalent than you'd think.

Arnold had a heart attack. It depends on type and amounts you use as well as other factors. Diet, sleep, etc.
He never had a heart attack and the surgery he had was for a congenial issue he'd known about since he was a teenager.

He never had a heart attack and the surgery he had was for a congenial issue he'd known about since he was a teenager.
Shrug...Im sure the anabolics made it worse. Had to replace a valve.

Shrug...Im sure the anabolics made it worse. Had to replace a valve.
I'm not arguing the role that anabolics may have played. I'm saying he didn't have a heart attack and that his heart issue (which would have required a valve replacement even as a teenager) was congenital. Spin it however you like though.

I'm not arguing the role that anabolics may have played. I'm saying he didn't have a heart attack and that his heart issue (which would have required a valve replacement even as a teenager) was congenital. Spin it however you like though.

YOU KNOW IT PLAYED A ROLE! WHY YOU KEEP REPLYING!....Nah Im just playing lol.

You're right, I didn't realize he never actually had a heart attack. Interesting stuff. With all he took, if he was poor it would surprise me if he didn't have a lot of physical problems. Ronnie Coleman has started having a lot of problems over the past few years hasn't he?

YOU KNOW IT PLAYED A ROLE! WHY YOU KEEP REPLYING!....Nah Im just playing lol.

You're right, I didn't realize he never actually had a heart attack. Interesting stuff. With all he took, if he was poor it would surprise me if he didn't have a lot of physical problems. Ronnie Coleman has started having a lot of problems over the past few years hasn't he?
From what I know of Arnold, he was pretty healthy in general. While he was massive, he never got too far north of 250 or so, which is small by modern bodybuilding standards for somebody his height. He also used a fraction of what modern guys use (and really only occasionally used rec drugs in the form of marijuana), but even then, bodybuilders of today aren't dropping like flies like anti-PED threads would lead you to believe.

I don't know a ton about Ronnie and I follow the sport very loosely, but I remember him needing some hip surgeries years ago. D1 football, famously heavy lifting, and being 300+ pounds more than likely caused that.

Actually I've heard the risk of heart attacks with steroid use (not abuse) is way overblown.

What risk of heart attack? Steroids cause an imbalance in cholesterol, but the evidence has been proven shaky about the relationship between cholesterol and heart disease.

People who die on steroids are typically big time abusers of narcotics, diuretics, and or insulin. And when i say insulin i mean mega dosing, mr olympia style.

Did you know statins can increase your risk of diabetes up to 50%? It also cuts off a vital thing your brain needs to function (cholesterol). Oh btw, its THE MOST PERSCRIBED DRUG IN AMERICA. By far

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diverticulitis/basics/risk-factors/con-20033495

Several factors may increase your risk of developing diverticulitis:

• Aging. The incidence of diverticulitis increases with age.
  • Obesity. Being seriously overweight increases your odds of developing diverticulitis. Morbid obesity may increase your risk of needing more-invasive treatments for diverticulitis.
  • Smoking. People who smoke cigarettes are more likely than nonsmokers to experience diverticulitis.
  • Lack of exercise. Vigorous exercise appears to lower your risk of diverticulitis.
  • Diet high in animal fat and low in fiber, although the role of low fiber alone isn't clear.
  • Certain medications. Several drugs are associated with an increased risk of diverticulitis, including steroids, opiates and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve).

Back