Considering The Risk Of Heart Attacks related To Steroid Use...

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Have there been any MMA fighters who have died suspiciously young because of heart attacks? Maybe the sport is too new. I suspect the fighters in the first generation of MMA fighters - roughly the ones who started competing between 1993 and 2002, will start having problems soon. I hope there won't be too many casualties, but one look at the number of pro wrestlers who died before 50 years old is very frightening, especially the wrestlers who were at the peak of their career in the 1980s.

How do you suppose Arnold Scwarxenegger is still not only alive but still active having been Governor of CA and now is back making movies in which he still has huge muscles? Sylvester Stallone seemed to keep getting more muscular the older he got. He's still massive in his 60s! How do they stay so healthy?

Last edited:
AAS raises blood pressure, that causes the left ventricle to enlarge over time, which is the primary cause of cardiac Myopathy, some refer to high blood pressure and hyper-tension as 'the silent killer'
Years of AAS abuse takes its toll on anyone, while everyone's repose to these medications is different, thinking that you are a superman and have a free pass to immunity from the sides, is perilous to your future health.

Arnold has had heart surgery not too long ago, IIRC. Steroid's a helluva drug...

didn't had schwarzie like 4 heart attack already ? I think he is closely monitored

I fear for Ken Shamrock, who had a heart problem agains fujita, and Mark Kerr.

Have there been any MMA fighters who have died suspiciously young because of heart attacks? Maybe the sport is too new. I suspect the fighters in the first generation of MMA fighters - roughly the ones who started competing between 1993 and 2002, will start having problems soon. I hope there won't be too many casualties, but one look at the number of pro wrestlers who died before 50 years old is very frightening, especially the wrestlers who were at the peak of their career in the 1980s.

How do you suppose Arnold Scwarxenegger is still not only alive but still active having been Governor of CA and now is back making movies in which he still has huge muscles? Sylvester Stallone seemed to keep getting more muscular the older he got. He's still massive in his 60s! Ho do they stay so healthy?

Dada 5000 died in hospital of a heart attack after his 'fight' with Kimbo. He was brought back to life.

Kimbo died of a heart attack three weeks after. And he popped for roids at their 'fight'.

If you don't abuse them you should be fine. All these dudes were running heavy amounts of gear. Arnold was running Dbol without a pct in like the 70's, that's asking for a heart attack. Everything in moderation

If you don't abuse them you should be fine. All these dudes were running heavy amounts of gear. Arnold was running Dbol without a pct in like the 70's, that's asking for a heart attack. Everything in moderation

This post makes me want to take steroids.

Too much of that shit can enlarge your heart, eh?

Yeah a lot of them die from an enlarged heart, too. The heart is a muscle, after all.

Kevin Randleman...RIP

Oh, I knew he died, but didn;t know it was steroid related! It shouldn;t come as a surprise but still is sad. He was quite a competitor! He "Randle-Plex" on Fedor is still one of the top ten most amazing maneuvers ever seen in MMA.

If you're thinking about using steroids, please go get some real medical advice. Don't ask tough guys on sherdog.

This post makes me want to take steroids.
Lol I'm not like pro- steroids or anything. I have taken them plenty but they aren't for everyone. People can have side effects if they aren't taken properly or have underlying medical conditions. People like Arnold, kimbo, Mark Kerr, ken shamrock were taking roids out the ass. And not just TRT and growth. Funky shit

It's a real thing and already some guys are dropping. Some of the posters got the recent ones with Randleman and Slice. Look at Coleman and Shamrock, they don't seem very healthy any more.

The secret to preventing a heart attack due to steroid use is nachos, cheeseburgers, and crisco. This way, those will give you a heart attack before steroids ever will.

stallone.jpg

70 plus years old. Admits to regular test and hgh use and probably throws some others in under Doctor supervision. With the right budget and medical attention they are a fountain of youth. The misconceptions about steroids are a joke. You really think adding a natural hormone like test that you're body produces less of to make you stay feeling young just gives a heart attack? Arnold abused some really hard steroids but there is no evidence that it led to heart problems. It was probably the 7000 calories he ate daily as body builder that led to that or hereditary.

Too much of that shit can enlarge your heart, eh?

I'm not sure if steroids cause enlargement of the heart but they do cause hardening of the arteries among other risk to having hart problems.

HGH does cause enlargement of the heart (in big does at least) and terrifyingly enough, also makes the other internal organs continue to grow well after they have reached full adult size. That's what having too much human growth hormone does and is the reason that before there was a treatment for it, when Andre The Giant was diagnosed with gigantism early in life - a disorder that causes the body to secrete too much growth hormone, his doctor told Andre he wouldn't live past 40 years old. He ended up living to 46 and a half years old.

The secret to preventing a heart attack due to steroid use is nachos, cheeseburgers, and crisco. This way, those will give you a heart attack before steroids ever will.

Mark Hunt should pay attention to you!

Well, as you alluded to, there aren't too many 'old' ex-MMA fighters (Ron van Clief is undoubtedly the oldest at 73), so most of the ones who have passed have done so from cardiac complications. Whether they're fighting-related or not probably varies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back