Conor's takedown defence is statisically, factually worse than Barboza and Micheal Johnson

Conor McGregor
  • TD Avg.: 0.92
  • TD Acc.: 62%
  • TD Def.: 73%
  • Sub. Avg.: 0.0
Michael Johnson
  • TD Avg.: 0.61
  • TD Acc.: 50%
  • TD Def.: 79%
  • Sub. Avg.: 0.1
Edson Barboza
  • TD Avg.: 0.49
  • TD Def.: 80%

Don't be deceived by the hype of this fight. Even despite facing significantly larger, stronger wrestlers in their careers, Barboza and MJ (both of whom Khabib ragdolled) have significantly higher TDD stats than McGregor, not to mention superior backgrounds in wrestling and grappling (Johson's college wrestling experience and Barboza'a submission grapppling).

The only time Conor faced a high level wrestler in his career was at FW where he was taken down 4 times in two rounds and controlled and smashed on the ground for nearly 4 straight minutes in the second round.

giphy.gif

ufc_196_free_fight_conor_mcgregor_vs_chad_mendes-1.gif

The only time Conor faced someone even close to Khabib's size, Nate Diaz, who is known as a weak wrestler, he was stopped in the first contest and won a razor close decision in the second landing with Diaz landing a staggering 252 strikes to McGregor's 197, he was also taken down.

giphy.gif

lY96Er.gif

giphy.gif

Edit: Please stop mentioning Alvarez, his offensive wrestling is mediocre at best and he was already rocked/dropped/concussed multiple times by Conor before even attempting a half assed td attempt. He is also not "bigger" than Conor, Conor dwarfed him.
So much stupidity in that post smh

Triggered much?

He was able to stick to former champ Pettis like glue.

Couldn't even get close to Conor.

Pettis <NewGina>

You mean that guy that gets taken down by literally everyone?

That's pretty amazing that Eddie got him down.

It puts him in the company of a select group of luminaries...... such as :

Chiesa, Poirier, Miller, Holloway, Oliveira, RDA, Melendez, Stephens, Guida, Henderson, Roller, Karalexis, Castillo, Campbell and Palaszewski.

... or in other words, practically everybody that Pettis has ever fought.

Tibau was the only guy who put up a fight

My point is nothing has worked so far, not even good TDD
Tibau was the first lefty that Khabib faced. He couldn't finish a single on Tibau's lead leg. Tibau wouldn't allow him to switch off to the other side by blocking Khabib's right underhook. Since then, his successful shots on lefties have all been double legs. Pat Healy was very successful in shutting down Khabib's fence takedown game. His takedowns on Healy were mostly reactive doubles when Healey pressured in.

Tibau was the first lefty that Khabib faced. He couldn't finish a single on Tibau's lead leg. Tibau wouldn't allow him to switch off to the other side by blocking Khabib's right underhook. Since then, his successful shots on lefties have all been double legs. Pat Healy was very successful in shutting down Khabib's fence takedown game. His takedowns on Healy were mostly reactive doubles when Healey pressured in.
Tibau has a better TDD% than GSP.

Tibau has a better TDD% than GSP.

congrats, you get to join the worst conor nuthuggers on my ignore list. That's how fucking annoying you are. Oh also, go fuck yourself you obsessed, annoying cunt.

congrats, you get to join the worst conor nuthuggers on my ignore list. That's how fucking annoying you are. Oh also, go fuck yourself you obsessed, annoying cunt.
So does this mean I get to stop seeing your shook triggered ass namedrop me?

<GSPWoah>

I think we often forgot that conor has injuries on his knees on that mended fight

Just a reminder.

I think we often forgot that conor has injuries on his knees on that mended fight

Just a reminder.
Mendes had no camp.

What's the point of making excuses when his excuse is better?

Post your betting slip TS

Oh, you're not betting? Maybe you're not as confident as you pretend.

I think Khabib will win, but it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to put money on it. Conor fans always post their bet slips.
We're waiting for the line to tighten like it did when Conor fans bet before the Mayweather fight.

I'll post my slip then. Not sure if it gets even but I'm hoping it gets close at least.

Mendes had no camp.

What's the point of making excuses when his excuse is better?

Mendes has excuses why he gassed in round 2 and Conor has excuses why his TDD are the worst in that fight.

neither guys are showing their best i think, because of the circumstances of the fight.

Plus Connor LW >> Conor FW, less weight cut help connor very significantly.

Conor McGregor
  • TD Avg.: 0.92
  • TD Acc.: 62%
  • TD Def.: 73%
  • Sub. Avg.: 0.0
Michael Johnson
  • TD Avg.: 0.61
  • TD Def.: 79%
Edson Barboza
  • TD Avg.: 0.49
  • TD Def.: 80%

Don't be deceived by the hype of this fight. Even despite facing significantly larger, stronger wrestlers in their careers, Barboza and MJ (both of whom Khabib ragdolled) have significantly higher TDD stats than McGregor, not to mention superior backgrounds in wrestling and grappling (Johson's college wrestling experience and Barboza'a submission grapppling).

The only time Conor faced a high level wrestler in his career was at FW where he was taken down 4 times in two rounds and controlled and smashed on the ground for nearly 4 straight minutes in the second round.

giphy.gif

ufc_196_free_fight_conor_mcgregor_vs_chad_mendes-1.gif

The only time Conor faced someone even close to Khabib's size, Nate Diaz, who is known as a weak wrestler, he was stopped in the first contest and won a razor close decision in the second landing with Diaz landing a staggering 252 strikes to McGregor's 197, he was also taken down.

giphy.gif

lY96Er.gif

giphy.gif

Edit: Please stop mentioning Alvarez, his offensive wrestling is mediocre at best and he was already rocked/dropped/concussed multiple times by Conor before even attempting a half assed td attempt. He is also not "bigger" than Conor, Conor dwarfed him.
His tr is definitely worse, the only thing that makes this matchup is more exciting, because his striking is much more dangerous

both had no camps either.

Only time he took on a wrestler or a regular sized human<puh-lease75><seedat>
Hey I was in another thread and some sherdogger said he's gathering our posts. fucking weirdos.

Back