Conor's steamrolls entire LW division outside Khabib

His movement "turned to shit", because he was fighting an elite MMA wrestler, so the bouncy shit he displayed against Eddie would have only hindered him. You want your feet firmly planted at all times when facing a takedown threat and Conor did precisely that.

You don't plant you feat against a wrestler that's is MUCH BETTER than you. Conor needed to use lateral movement and fight off the cage. He planted his feet and Khabib walked right through him.

Conor needs to shed his cash lifestyle and go live in the fkn Catskills mountains fighting cougars and shit

If he's still serious about this sport he should destroy 4-5 contenders in a row in 2019.

Stopped reading here. Expecting someone like McGregor at this stage of his career to fight 4-5 times against top contenders (in a year) is utterly delusional. I feel like expecting him to fight 3 times in 2019 feels like a stretch.

He has more than a few tough fights at lw.. no steamrolling at all

I can't remember when was the last time Tony finished someone with strikes.
He would pressurize Conor, cut him up and force him to quit at some point or straight up ko him, I think he'd be clinching with him against the fence then launch a missile straight to Conor's chin and end it there, probably a shovel punch.

conor looked like shit agaisnt little chad "three day training camp" mendes until little chad mendes got tired out.

DC9C5FC2-3856-4ECD-851E-39D8D8D4AC3F.jpeg Nate Diaz would submit Conor again
If he's still serious about this sport he should destroy 4-5 contenders in a row in 2019.

Tony and Kevin Lee get dropped in every other fight they're in. To hope that you can survive Conor's lefts and come back to win is dumb.

DP is still the same glass jaw. He got kod by the most similar fighter to Conor not long ago- Michael Johnson. Went neck and neck with Alvarez. Clearly not up to Conor's level.

Gaethje is a stationary target for the straight left.

Nate accumulated too much damage and is ring rusty. CONOr finishes him this time.

Cowboy doesn't have basic footwork. He gets kod into next dimension.

Stopped reading here. Expecting someone like McGregor at this stage of his career to fight 4-5 times against top contenders (in a year) is utterly delusional. I feel like expecting him to fight 3 times in 2019 feels like a stretch.

Honestly I would be surprised if he fought twice in 2019. I guess if he doesn’t get an immediate rematch I see him fighting once and then fighting for the title again.

since when did conor become a shithouse who can't hang with the LW division

Dustin Poirier #3 is a non manlet with a well rounded skill set and he got KO'd stiff

Barboza got KO'd off of Cerrone's jab

Ferguson got dropped several times by Michael Johnson and he won't be able to stand in front of Conor with that leaky chin

Kevin Lee gets wobbled in almost every fight and has weak stand up

Justin get's KO'd by top level fighters

Pettis can't hang with good boxers with forward pressure

I don't see where these guys kill Conor

I don’t know about everyone else here but I’m not saying Conor can’t hang with these guys and would get killed. I disagree with OP that Conor would run through the lightweight division easily. Conor could win some of these and lose some of these.

Tony and Kevin Lee get dropped in every other fight they're in. To hope that you can survive Conor's lefts and come back to win is dumb.

DP is still the same glass jaw. He got kod by the most similar fighter to Conor not long ago- Michael Johnson. Went neck and neck with Alvarez. Clearly not up to Conor's level.

Nate accumulated too much damage and is ring rusty. CONOr finishes him this time.

Tony and Lee beat him, Gaethe has a chance in a brawl with connor

since when did conor become a shithouse who can't hang with the LW division

Dustin Poirier #3 is a non manlet with a well rounded skill set and he got KO'd stiff

Barboza got KO'd off of Cerrone's jab

Ferguson got dropped several times by Michael Johnson and he won't be able to stand in front of Conor with that leaky chin

Kevin Lee gets wobbled in almost every fight and has weak stand up

Justin get's KO'd by top level fighters

Pettis can't hang with good boxers with forward pressure

I don't see where these guys kill Conor
Conor is basically just one of them...Khabib is the only fighter that's a cut above the rest...Conor might probably beat everyone on the list...but he ain't touching Khabib...

Conor is good, but he'll probably lose to a lot of guys who are durable. Kevin Lee probably beats him up and submits him IMO.

Tony RNC's Conor by the end of round 3. I am quite confident that is the end result and I am a fan of both.

I somewhat agree with OP, Connor is a very good fighter with a solid resume, Khabib was a terrible fight stylistically for McGregor. He will always have trouble with world class grapplers and Khabib is his kryptonite. IMO Connor would beat everyone else besides Khabib at LW. Would love to see Tony vs Connor, either McGregor knocks him out or Tony survives the onslaught and comes back and takes McGregor out. Would be a fun fight to watch.

He lost to Nate Diaz, arguably twice. It’s all over dude, let it go.

Back