Conor's Legacy..

anyways how will sherdog remember this iconic irishman when it's officially all said and done.

I'll start

This Sherdogger will remember him as a pampered, red carpeted hop scother around real division meat, who had more charisma than any deep mma skillz, but posses a heavy left hand.

I think at this point we can all agree that conor is pretty much washed up and his best years are behind him. I personally don't see him taking another fight in mma but oh well time will tell.

anyways how will sherdog remember this iconic irishman when it's officially all said and done.

I'll start

o4p71khdx6iz.jpg
When Conor and Artem have a kid together

I hope that his legacy will be that he was the first to drive up discloses purses in to the millions, even if it was just for a select few. I hope that it was the start of fighter pay improving, even if it’s happening at a snail’s pace. He also paved the way for different avenues of sponsorship, ownership and revenue from those things.

As a fighter… he was one of the very few MMA fighters to become truly mainstream. In his FW days, he was extremely exciting to watch and always looked for the kill, and I can respect that even if I’m not a fan of the guy. He’s probably #3 FW all time.

<mma4> I agree in most part in regards to his influence on the sport of mma and bringing recognition to fighter pay. But #3 FW all time..?

cmon-dude-cmon-man.gif
But then again I can see a argument for if you break it down just not on fighting.

<mma4> I agree in most part in regards to his influence on the sport of mma and bringing recognition to fighter pay. But #3 FW all time..?

cmon-dude-cmon-man.gif
But then again I can see a argument for if you break it down just not on fighting.
When I rank fighters like that, I do it based on resume and accomplishments. So if you look at the list of UFC and WEC FW champions, there aren’t many. I’d rank Conor above Cole Escondido, Faber, and Mike Brown, but below Holloway and Aldo. It’s hard for me to rank FWs above Conor who never won a title, you know?

But I just realized totally skipped Volk—so maybe Conor should be #4? Anyhow that’s my thought process.

Back