Conors depth of competition.

Anyone who calls the Aldo knockout a lucky punch is a fucking retard.

Conor had a huge size advantage over the guys he fought at FW. We know Khabib is better but this is why I want to see how Conor does against the top guys at LW.

How good is Conor really?

My foot was a balloon. 3 times the size of me.

Khabib's men threatened his family

There are conspiracies and excuses on both sides. He's just as pathetic as his stans

True, but this thread is about his wins being discredited, not his excuses for losing fights.

Conor had a huge size advantage over the guys he fought at FW. We know Khabib is better but this is why I want to see how Conor does against the top guys at LW.

How good is Conor really?
The guys at FW never stood a chance

Clueless people talking about "natural" weightclasses makes me crack up...... when they're talking about a sport where everyone cuts weight, lmfao. Conor's "natural" weightclass would be 170 or 185, bud, not LW.

Wow... ok, bud

Aldo. Good win. Lucky shot win.

I'm an Aldo fan and it is clear that IT WAS NOT a lucky punch. Conor studied Aldo very well, and Aldo walked silly into a KO.
My questioning is different: if 2015's Conor fights 10 times to 2015's Aldo, how many times do you think Conor would KO Aldo in the first seconds? As a result, the 13 seconds KO was completely outside of the range of rational probabilities, and makes it looks like a lucky punch. I don't think the same outcome would happen again if they fight a thousand times, but it happened as a result of training and skill.
Not a lucky punch. Good for him.

McGregor's resume isn't great, but it's very good. Better than Khabib's.

Systematically cheapening every win is the pathetic practice MMA fans engage in, regardless of which fighter they are attacking.
No, it's really not. Khabib fights at LW. Conor is 1-1 at LW. Either compare their records at the appropriate weight or don't bother.

Tha Aldo shot wasn't luck but the win does have a flukish feel to it.

The most dominant/g.o.a.t FW gets taken out in 13 seconds. I think he was broke emotionally over the the pre-fight circus build-up. Over committed himself to blitzing Conor which isn't how the champ fought most of his UFC career. He was usually a slow starter who picked his shots after getting a feel for what his opponent offered (timing/range).

Aldo most certainly deserved a rematch. A long dominant champion for years after running through their division twice are always deserving of having that ran back. If Reyes took out Jones with one punch would they fight again? Silva vs Weidman? Gsp/Serra? It's absolutely unheard of that it didn't happen again, especially with the fluke nature surrounding it. The only reason it wasn't is because of UFC politics involving Conors career and their plans on giving him the two title treatment (which they didn't give Aldo with Pettis and Aldo deserved that a lot more than McGregor who didn't even defend once)

They never want to damper that win and it kind of would fuel the "lucky shot" narrative if their second fight was a war. It's a no win for the UFC.
It wouldve been a worse look for Aldo if Conor beat him pillar to post over a few rounds. Actual fight fans would understand this. The casuals wouldn't though. The quick knock out looks more convincing to them and the UFC knows this.

If Khabib took out Conor the same way Conor did Aldo and was adamant in not granting a rematch I would seriously be suspicious about it. I'd actually think there might be something to the "scared" narrative. I'd want to see it again and everybody would be screaming fluke.

13 seconds doesn't tell us much at all that Conor is a better fighter than Aldo.

Yes, it does. It doesn't tell us McGregor would win every fight with Aldo, but it certainly tells us he is able to counter Aldo effectively.

Now, you'll note I never claimed McGregor is a better fighter than Aldo. I simply noted that Aldo is a huge name for a lighter weight fighter to have on their resume.

No, it's really not. Khabib fights at LW. Conor is 1-1 at LW. Either compare their records at the appropriate weight or don't bother.

I wasn't comparing their lightweight runs, and that isn't the topic of this thread. If you want to narrow down the discussion to their relative Lw rankings, you are free to do so, but you've got no basis for telling me not to bother discussing the topic of this thread.

fuck off with this Conor moving up a weight class horseshit, he moved up to his natural weight class, I couldnt give a flog if he always made weight at FW , he had IV's then which he wont have now and one thing he will never be able to do is go back to FW...fuck me hes going to have trouble moving back to 155... This load gargling rubbish is delusional
He fought Aldo without an IV.

I don’t understand some of you guys. Conor is the only fighter that I have seen get flak for moving up in weight. Khabib, Max, Tony all lose a ton of weight trying to fight, and yet no one talks about them not fighting in their “natural” weight class, even though they have missed weight before. What world am I living in?

Great resume at 145, 155 and 170 it's minimal.

He fought Aldo without an IV.

I don’t understand some of you guys. Conor is the only fighter that I have seen get flak for moving up in weight. Khabib, Max, Tony all lose a ton of weight trying to fight, and yet no one talks about them not fighting in their “natural” weight class, even though they have missed weight before. What world am I living in?
Are you kidding me?
heres a picture of Khabib at his last weigh in
Khabib.jpg
and heres a picture of Conor at the Aldo fight
conor.jpg

Hmmm let me see which one looks healthy and which looks like he just crawled out of a Jewish concentration camp?
Conor was known to strip 30lb of weight too, to make FW and was always bigger than his opponents ( bar Max who is tall ) so lets quit that comparison.

Please show me comparision pics of Khabibs huge size difference to his opponents...We will wait , forever, because Khabib is an average LW.

Are you kidding me?
heres a picture of Khabib at his last weigh in
View attachment 734139
and heres a picture of Conor at the Aldo fight
View attachment 734143

Hmmm let me see which one looks healthy and which looks like he just crawled out of a Jewish concentration camp?
Conor was known to strip 30lb of weight too, to make FW and was always bigger than his opponents ( bar Max who is tall ) so lets quit that comparison.

Please show me comparision pics of Khabibs huge size difference to his opponents...We will wait , forever, because Khabib is an average LW.
And yet only one of those guys went to the hospital and almost died trying to cut weight. Stop making your arguments based on who looks better in pics, and try to base it on facts. The facts are Conor has never missed weight, and Khabib has multiple times.

And yet only one of those guys went to the hospital and almost died trying to cut weight. Stop making your arguments based on who looks better in pics, and try to base it on facts. The facts are Conor has never missed weight, and Khabib has multiple times.
Khabib has his weight cuts under control so its a moot point and looks healthy doing it. You can dismiss the pics to suit your narrative as much as you like but they show everything that needs to be known.

He has a few names.
Aldo. Good win. Lucky shot win. Refused rematch.
Alerez. Good win and looked great.
Cowboy. Cowboy is just a shell of himself.
Nate. Won one lost one.
Khabib. Got brutalized.
Mendes. Out of shape call up Mendes busted Conor up and controlled him until he gassed.
Max. Well, max was a child at the time soo...
Poirier. Good win.
No one else is worth mentioning.
That is NOT a great resume for "strength of competition" against almost every other fighter that has been ranked top 5.

No way, Im an Aldo fan, but that performance was masterful. It's warfare, and he had him beat before he stepped in the cage. Mike Tysonesque mental games.

Alvarez on the other hand i don't rate as high, he fought a dumbass ego fight and got caught.
Nate - meh, bad stylistic match up for him, but he got choked out like a bitch, so he took the L on this one.
Khabib - i thought he looked good apart from round 2 and 4, i think the rematch will be good, if he clips him and rocks him ONCE, it get SUUUUPER interesting

Max - yeah he was an infant, war Max
Poirier - great fighter, but the little peahead mentally cracks when he isn't winning. He gave up in the Khabib fight too. shame.

I'd say win wise you have to go, T Ferg, Khabib/Mcgregor.

Khabib has his weight cuts under control so its a moot point and looks healthy doing it. You can dismiss the pics to suit your narrative as much as you like but they show everything that needs to be known.
Lol dude you are being ridiculous. Khabib missing weight multiple times is ok because he now has it under control, but fuck Conor because he looked skinny in a few pics. Do you even hear yourself?

Lol dude you are being ridiculous. Khabib missing weight multiple times is ok because he now has it under control, but fuck Conor because he looked skinny in a few pics. Do you even hear yourself?
Ffs stop fucking gargling Conors load.
Conor was the king of weight cutting. I dont give a flying shit if he made weight,
Looks skinny? He was emaciated..and youre saying he 'moved up'?? Lol.. yes he moved up to a weight class where he should be. If hes a FW lets see him get there now then? Fat fucking chance on that one pal

Ffs stop fucking gargling Conors load.
Conor was the king of weight cutting. I dont give a flying shit if he made weight,
Looks skinny? He was emaciated..and youre saying he 'moved up'?? Lol.. yes he moved up to a weight class where he should be. If hes a FW lets see him get there now then? Fat fucking chance on that one pal
There is no arguing with people like you. Your Conor hatred has made you blind to facts. Good luck with that guy.

Back