Conors depth of competition.

If Conor’s depth of competition is bad then Khabib’s and Tony’s must be absolute crap.

His record fighting when he doesn't look like a holocaust victim certainly is not great.

13 seconds doesn't tell us much at all that Conor is a better fighter than Aldo. Khabib has destroyed everyone he has faced and is undefeated in doing so barely losing a round. Conor has had the most favourable match ups and some very suspicious "wins". Aldo isn't Conors best win at all because of the circumstances. A year the UFC let him do what he wanted to break Aldo. No one in the history of the UFC has been treated like that. He was going to come out emotional swinging like a mad man. Then you got 2 week Mendez and ran from Diaz to win the second. His best win was probably Eddie which lets face it, was handed to him because they knew it was his best chance to be a LW Champ.

Khabib should go up to 170 and win the belt.

Then we can confirm his legacy is better than McGregor's right there and then.

you can literally do this with every fighter and try to diminish their wins man, its just stupid, wanna see it?
GSP:beat a bunch of untallented welterweights and was using steroids,lost to Hendricks and he ran when usada came.. beat old man bisping, easy fights no big wins, extremely stupid arguments
Anderson Silva: pretty much the same as gsp with the extra of : when a real tallented young middleweight came he lost, and he used steroids all his carrer, extremely stupid arguments

Jon Jones: only beat old former champs and only beat Cormier beacuse he was on steroids, he should have lost to Gus,Marreta and Reyes, again extremely dumb arguments

Its the same with Conor. You can literally do that to any fighter

What do I have to re-read, clearly you are the one not getting it.

Conor beating the GOAT FW, who was a top 3-5 GOAT at the time, by KO and winning the FW strap >>>>>>>>>>>>>> than anything Khabib has done in a singular fight.

No, beating McGregor doesn't top that or equal that. There was not some transitive property that gave McGregor all of Aldo's legacy.

Otherwise, Beating Chris Weidman would have been a better win than beating Anderson Silva (1st time by Weidman). Beating Volk right this moment would be a better win than Holloway at FW, etc. It doesn't work like that. Am I wrong here? I'm confused at this point.
Max and Dustin was when they were no where near their primes. You know that. Conor is by far the most overrated sports person in the history of anything.

You can't blame Conor for any of that though. He fought who they had for him. It's not his fault they made it as easy as possible.

You can't blame Conor for any of that though. He fought who they had for him. It's not his fault they made it as easy as possible.
You think fighting Aldo Or Khabib is as easy as possible? Conor had no easy tune up fights, he was always tossed against the toughest killers out there.

Khabib should go up to 170 and win the belt.

Then we can confirm his legacy is better than McGregor's right there and then.

Conor was always a lightweight sized fighter lol.

He literally looked like a different human being cutting to 145.

And of course, when fighting non manlets, his record is a crisp 3-2.

McGregor's resume isn't great, but it's very good. Better than Khabib's.
I can agree that his win over Aldo is better than any of Khabib's wins by a significant margin, but overall? No, his resume is absolutely not better than Khabib's lol.

Jose Aldo (c), Khabib (c), Eddie Alvarez (c), Chad Mendes, Nate Diaz, Donald Cerrone, Dustin Porier, Max Holloway.

McGregor has faced and beaten all of them except Khabib. Three were UFC champions, and two were champions a weight class above his original. I believe this is a massive point all the McGregor detractors lose focus of - McGregor went UP a weight class, he's never lost at his "native" original weight class.

Would we completely shit on GSP's legacy if he lost at 185? Or Jones at HW? I don't think so. McGregor went up and won the 155 belt. Sure I do think a lot of things worked in his favor, and his massive drawing power and popularity have gotten him fast tracked to places he perhaps wouldn't have otherwise...but at the same time I think superfights between divisional champs have been available in the past and the lower weight class guys (usually) are just scared to move up.

Give credit where credit is due, McGregor moved up a weight class, and sorts of 1.5 classes to fight at 170 for 3 fights against LW/WW tweeners as well. And you're naming Paul Daley, Jason Miller, and Kampmann lmao come on now. Also Strikeforce Woodley right, and Maia before he evolved? Jake Shields was a good fighter and fought for awhile, yeah he has good wins. Never won a UFC belt, sorry Strikeforce belts don't mean as much legacy wise.
I am not taking anything away from Conor. His fight with Eddie was fucking amazing. His resolve to win the rematch with Nate was fantastic as well. And I think he showed some pretty decent grappling skills against Khabib. And he has just punished and beat up people unlike many others have. Even the Cowboy fight. Yeah I said Cowboy was washed up, and I believe it. But still..... That was a damn impressive win.

So yeah, I am not hating on Conor, but simply saying he does not have the best of resumes out there when taken into context. And disagree if you want. Did he beat Mendes? Yeah. Was it short notice? Yeah. Did Mendes beat him up in the first round? Yeah. It is what it is. All my original points are valid. And if you do not think the context behind a fight matters, well, Fedor is 8-2 in his last 10. That last 10 includes a few former heavyweight and light heavyweight UFC champs.

This is the problem, anything regarding McGregor and Khabib always turns into petty bullshit. Let's use some fucking brain cells for once.

Both guys are amazing fighters, and both guys are both arguably top 15 all time already. They probably both are realistically if we put the hate aside, or just outside it.

Here is one point everyone seems to gloss over or just never point out: McGregor is a Featherweight. He is a 145er who has gone up a weight class and then gone up psuedo-two weight classes, really 1.5 weight classes let's call it to be fair. He legitimately won the belt off a champion at 155, a weight class higher than his original. That means a lot imo, and it wasn't just an "easy fight" vs Alvarez, no one said that at the time and he originally signed up for RDA.

People don't give him credit for this. How would Holloway look at 155? Well we know he's 0-1 and lost to a guy who isn't really great in Porier, btw gifted title shot much? 3 defenses gets your a title shot in a weight class higher? So McGregor's isn't much worse if worse, considering the vacancy as well. What about Khabib? He's an amazing fighter but why doesn't he go to 170?

Khabib has a size advantage at 155. No shit. He's a big LW. And guess what McGregor was a big FW. They both kill/killed themselves cutting weight, and Khabib has missed weight at 155 for the record, while the other hasn't at 145. So what gives? Not part of the McGregor is overrated narrative?

Khabib might be the better fighter, he beat McGregor fair and square. But McGregor has the better resume' / legacy as of right now, and if we talk about weight classes more critically it's arguable if Khabib is the better fighter considering he's a class up. If GSP lost to a big MW would that MW be considered a better fighter? Doubt it. Not saying either is the better fighter, and gun to my head I'd say Khabib but it's extremely close considering each is almost one dimensional in a sense, for this era.

I did not cheapen his wins. If he won a good fight he won. The Max fight for instance. Conor himself lost to Joe Duffy when he was young. Young fighters sometimes lose.
Mendes?
SHERDOG SCORES
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Mendes
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Mendes
Jeff Sherwood scores the round 10-9 Mendes
And the only other fight I can think that you are taking issue with is the Aldo fight. I mean, just ask on here and see the replies.

Mendes was far from out of shape. He and his camp said they were fully prepared, that they had been training, conditioning and game planning just in case Aldo pulled out.

Then after Mendes got KOd they backtracked.

Conor was always a lightweight sized fighter lol.

He literally looked like a different human being cutting to 145.

And of course, when fighting non manlets, his record is a crisp 3-2.

He made featherweight and never missed weight.

Khabib has missed weight at 155. He also looks drained after cuts even with better nutrition/team.

If you make the weight, you're that weight class. McGregor made FW every time in the UFC. So what you're saying is just bullshit.

D4922739-37E1-4D01-9F8B-76F7F181C78F.gif
If Cowboy was "just a shell" then why did, and do, so many Sherdoggers think Justin Gaethje deserves a title shot or #1 contender match?

Who has Justin Gaethje even beat if Cowboy was so washed up. You know, considering he beat him a mere 4 months before McGregor did. And it's 100% undeniable that fighting at 170lbs was an advantage for Cerrone more so than for McGregor on top of that.

So Gaethje was 2-2 with wins over James Vick (lol) and Edson Barboza - who is 1-4 in his last 5 fights so can we just call him washed to prove a point too? and losses to Alvarez and Porier whom McGregor has both beaten.

Just saying, not sure why everyone was crying about McGregor likely getting a title shot over Gaethje. Obviously McGregor pulls in wayyyyy more PPV numbers and money, and even in terms of straight up merit I think McGregor deserves it more honestly. But in terms of this thread...McGregor has a great resume'. I'll go one step farther than very good, it's great. How many simultaneous champs have there ever been, like 4?

McGregor dethroned the GOAT FW, never lost at FW, and won two belts at once. / thread.
D4922739-37E1-4D01-9F8B-76F7F181C78F.gif

What about Irish joe Duffy. He is ok also!!

Mendes was far from out of shape. He and his camp said they were fully prepared, that they had been training, conditioning and game planning just in case Aldo pulled out.

Then after Mendes got KOd they backtracked.
Meh........ Maybe. But it sure as hell looked like Chad gassed in the last couple mins of round 2. He had Conor tied up and just seemed to lose his strength. Of course I am going by memory. I should watch the fight again.

McGregor went UP a weight class, he's never lost at his "native" original weight class.

I'm sorry, but that's bs. Conor was always a natural LW who cut massive weight to have a run at FW when he used very well his advantage. And it doesn't matter how much Dana wants Conor to be a three division champ, he has no business at WW.
Before every one of his FW fights he looked like a skeleton con crack. But he managed to do it, and do it well, cudos to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back