Conor will spark Doostin

It’s very possible.

Although that depends on him.

I think everyone knows he has the talent, potential and cerebral mind to make the adjustments and come out with a win.

Can he win the battle with himself though?

He definitely took the last fight seriously. He got his glow back, physically, which I haven’t seen since the Mayweather fight. The glow of discipline and a well thought out diet / health strategy is very glaring. IMO, he lost it for a while.

However serious he took it, inactivity can still be a tremendous hurdle to overcome, especially for a style that’s so dependant on reflexes and timing as Conor’s is.

Poirier is game / dangerous and his style leaves little room for mistakes.

Just having more time in the cage / taking the game seriously for a consistent period of time could be night and day.

The potential and tools are there and the strategy seems relatively clear as to how he should adjust and approach the trilogy. It all comes down to him really.

Could be another redemption, or he could go out like Rousey. Nothing is set in stone.

People keep saying that, but I don’t think Dustin has really improved that much. It’s not like Conor had a hard time hitting him. The difference between the first fight and the second one was that he could just take the punishment this time.
I would need to watch Dustin’s latest fights again to really argue, it’s a just a general feeling. The good thing is we’ll have ample new info very soon to check it out !

Shit troll fuck this noise off to the wasteland and that's being kind
How old are you that you think imitating Conor is cool?
<Dany07>
I can't wait for Conman to get publicly humiliated again, this time after much more trash-talk, and to then sulk away into youtube fights for the money. The crying, excuses, reaction vids, and gymnastic-like cognitive dissonance of his fans after he loses (again) are always a fun bonus as well.
Not one of ya's will do fuckin nuttin

The last time Conor rematched someone he couldn’t just run over he changed his strategy and picked them apart on the feet and won by points.

I am guessing this is the gameplan for Porier III. We shall see if it works.
It won't. He has 1 to 1.5 rounds tops to win this I say. After that, Dustin's grittiness and cardio will win him the fight. Conor doesn't have the cardio to keep his defense up enough to hang with Dustin for 5. Dustin hits a lot harder than Nate Diaz does.

It’s very possible.

Although that depends on him.

I think everyone knows he has the talent, potential and cerebral mind to make the adjustments and come out with a win.

Can he win the battle with himself though?

He definitely took the last fight seriously. He got his glow back, physically, which I haven’t seen since the Mayweather fight. The glow of discipline and a well thought out diet / health strategy is very glaring. IMO, he lost it for a while.

However serious he took it, inactivity can still be a tremendous hurdle to overcome, especially for a style that’s so dependant on reflexes and timing as Conor’s is.

Poirier is game / dangerous and his style leaves little room for mistakes.

Just having more time in the cage / taking the game seriously for a consistent period of time could be night and day.

The potential and tools are there and the strategy seems relatively clear as to how he should adjust and approach the trilogy. It all comes down to him really.

Could be another redemption, or he could go out like Rousey. Nothing is set in stone.
We still going with Conor by 5 round decision?

It won't. He has 1 to 1.5 rounds tops to win this I say. After that, Dustin's grittiness and cardio will win him the fight. Conor doesn't have the cardio to keep his defense up enough to hang with Dustin for 5. Dustin hits a lot harder than Nate Diaz does.
Conor will take the fight seriously this time and KO Dustin inside first round.

Conor will take the fight seriously this time and KO Dustin inside first round.
Conor better KO him i the first round. Otherwise it's going to be a long night for him.

That certainly could be the case and that’s a solid point about the power difference! Conor is an elite striker and has the option to play it safer from the outside with his jab and leg kicks as opposed to sitting down on all his punches and going for the fast finish.

Does Conor even have that in him anymore though or his he truly just collecting checks at this point? That’s what makes this fight interesting to me.

Not one of ya's will do fuckin nuttin

But hey, I'm glad he's fighting again. Seeing him crumpled up in the corner against the cage (again), looking completely defeated in mind, body, and spirit (again), and having his flock of insecure fanboys crying (or just moth agape in stunned silence), again, will be just as awesome as the last couple times it's happened. So really, we're on the same team.

Back