CONOR QUOTE: Opponent just being an illusion?

Oh lord. Get off Conor's nuts. Athletes from every sport imaginable have been saying the same thing since the beginning of time. He's not fucking Confucius for christ's sake.
Be honest, how hard did you take the Aldo loss?

It's similar to that old saying.

It's you against you. He's just in the way.

Deep in our soul there is a quiet ember, that knows its you against you. Its the paradox that drives us on

It makes sense now, Conor is so good that defeat was inevitable, since he was fighting himself, and not that bum Diaz. Beating Diaz would have been trivial.

As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red
again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a
bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

-Jack Handy

Thanks SO much for posting this!

It's not the exact quote I was thinking of because the quote I was thinking of Conor said "battle with yourself."

If anyone has the video I'm thinking of I'd really appreciate watching it again!
This thread is just as silly as it was 9 months ago.
This thread is just as silly as it was 9 months ago.
What's so bad about it? I find the quote really profound.

This quote came to mind
seek-the-uncomfortable-conor-mcgregor-daily-quotes-sayings-pictures-810x722.jpg

Then I witnessed this, and thought he needz to be more comfortable being uncomfortable.
206_Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz.0.0.jpg

He has a fantastic mind which has helped him get to where he is and has helped him become a world champion. I hope there's more to come too because there's still a big part of his story to come yet.

What's so bad about it? I find the quote really profound.
I don't suppose there is anything really wrong with it. But it's been re-hashed by so many athletes and martial artists at this point in some form that it's pretty cliche.

That's the kind of thing you say when things are going your way. Then Nate slaps you across your face and you wake the fuck up.

If there are any other similar Conor quotes I'd love to hear them!

I don't suppose there is anything really wrong with it. But it's been re-hashed by so many athletes and martial artists at this point in some form that it's pretty cliche.

Ah, I see what you mean now.

I actually do agree with Conor on that and think it's basically true. Bruce Lee said something similar a long time ago.

And Conor's illusion beat the fucking piss out of him and embarrassed him in front of millions of people

Conor never realized what it was like to be raised on tough streets of Stockton. Sometimes mental game is just not enough.

He stole that line from the movie Creed and McGregorized it.
Rocky said, look in the mirror.....See that person looking back at you? That is the toughest opponent you will ever face.

He stole that line from the movie Creed and McGregorized it.
Rocky said, look in the mirror.....See that person looking back at you? That is the toughest opponent you will ever face.

You know that mentality has existed long before the Creed movie, yes?

Bet you're feeling like a retard now lol...

Well I wish you posted here long enough for me to call you out on old shit. Obviously I was wrong, but I still think Aldo can beat him.

I think Conor was in his head, and he carelessly attacked him. I would like to see a rematch, Aldo deserves one if he beats Edgar for sure.

Back