• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor on Khabib: I think he’s afraid to fight me

Imagine what sober and focused Conor would do to Khabib.

He is absolutely right. That was the worst of Conor and he still gave Khabib his most difficult fight in recent years. Biggest payday of your life and you retire at age 32.
What was difficult about that fight for Khabib?

Raging Al took him to a decision

Conors eternal obsession with Khabib continues lol.

200_d.gif

Oh I'm sure you are an MMA fan just more of a Conor fanboy is all and what would Conor do if he was more prepared, cheat less? The leprechaun only has a straight left against Khabib and that isn't enough to get Khabib out of retirement. He's already proven he's the better man and it isn't his fault Conor didn't come in shape. Conor had his chance and he failed. Miserably.
It's only natural for Khabib to be scared of a 2nd fight with Conor, he has a huge amount to lose and only money to gain, which he no longer needs.

As for me being a fanboy, it's really not the case, I washed my hands of Conor as a man years ago, not that I think he's beyond redemption, if I defend him or take his side of an argument it's coz I believe it to be true, he's a special fighter.

In a potential 2nf fight if Khabib stands with a Conor firing on all cylinders for as long as he did on the first fight he's at real risk.

Oh at the leprechaun patter was dire 8 years ago, and it's aged more like vinegar than wine.

I like khabib and Conor. Fans are such cheerleaders. Like khabib shouldn’t rematch a guy like Connor who was out for over two years and trained exclusively boxing and had the biggest prize fight of all time.

and just khabib fans are like why would he rematch Conor.

and Conor is rematchint a guy he starched in 80 seconds.

this isn’t solving a rubix cube. It’s the same thing that had happened for 100 years in prize fighting.

khabib is in a weird spot. As he didn’t face any of the lions getting to the title. Or even for the title. But he had 3 fantastic wins. And most are haters or bias to khabib and can’t see objective truths.

there is one prize in mma and that’s Conor. Khabib won in iver 4 rounds but it wasn’t easy and as I said Conor was out of the sport for over 2 years just training boxing.

and nobody has done better against khabib. Not even khabibs great title win against al iaquinta in a 5 round battle.

No great had retired at 31. It’s just absurd. There are so many great fights to be made. Or at least 3-4.
It’s really easy to get your wins. Fight no top contenders or even a worthy champion to get your title and the. Quit after 3 great wins. At 31.
And you wait for like a 42 year old gsp to cut down 15 lbs for your super fight.

shit let’s get canello vs. Bernard Hopkins. Sure he’s been retired a decade and 60. But it’s a name.

I like khabib and Conor. Fans are such cheerleaders. Like khabib shouldn’t rematch a guy like Connor who was out for over two years and trained exclusively boxing and had the biggest prize fight of all time.

and just khabib fans are like why would he rematch Conor.

and Conor is rematchint a guy he starched in 80 seconds.

this isn’t solving a rubix cube. It’s the same thing that had happened for 100 years in prize fighting.

khabib is in a weird spot. As he didn’t face any of the lions getting to the title. Or even for the title. But he had 3 fantastic wins. And most are haters or bias to khabib and can’t see objective truths.

there is one prize in mma and that’s Conor. Khabib won in iver 4 rounds but it wasn’t easy and as I said Conor was out of the sport for over 2 years just training boxing.

and nobody has done better against khabib. Not even khabibs great title win against al iaquinta in a 5 round battle.

No great had retired at 31. It’s just absurd. There are so many great fights to be made. Or at least 3-4.
It’s really easy to get your wins. Fight no top contenders or even a worthy champion to get your title and the. Quit after 3 great wins. At 31.
And you wait for like a 42 year old gsp to cut down 15 lbs for your super fight.

shit let’s get canello vs. Bernard Hopkins. Sure he’s been retired a decade and 60. But it’s a name.
You must be dead retarded, Conor is rematching a completely different guy. He fought Dustin at a different weight division 7 years ago when Dustin was barely a fringe top 10-15 guy at FW. Dustin has since won an interim championship at LW and gone 11-2 at LW with one of the best LW resumes ever.

Khabib and Conor fought at LW 2 years ago, khabib dominated. Since then, Conor has gone 0-0 at LW and has shown nothing to say that he deserves a rematch.

You must be dead retarded, Conor is rematching a completely different guy. He fought Dustin at a different weight division 7 years ago when Dustin was barely a fringe top 10-15 guy at FW. Dustin has since won an interim championship at LW and gone 11-2 at LW with one of the best LW resumes ever.

Khabib and Conor fought at LW 2 years ago, khabib dominated. Since then, Conor has gone 0-0 at LW and has shown nothing to say that he deserves a rematch.

Yeah. Buddy. I’m new to prize fighting. So this new guy I poirer who was kod. In 85 seconds. Is a worthy rematch. by your standards Conor could say I literally knocked him silly before you can count to 100.
. But not the guy who ruled 2 divisions and had the biggest fight in the history of prize fighting. And lost to khabib in the 4 th round went he spent 2 years solely focusing on boxing.

you have an agenda. I enjoy all of the aforementioned fighters. You’re a cheerleader. You pick a side and stay in it. That’s how you can’t see the hypocrisy of you’re karate forum argument.

Edit **** And look how many opinions you have on here. You almost have matched me on my two decades on this site.
you’re opinion is important and you have great context and perspective on the sport.

I’m not angry buddy. But you have a cheerleaders mentality. And that’s ok. It’s good for the sport.

Yeah. Buddy. I’m new to prize fighting. So this new guy I poirer who was kod. In 85 seconds. Is a worthy rematch. by your standards Conor could say I literally knocked him silly before you can count to 100.
. But not the guy who ruled 2 divisions and had the biggest fight in the history of prize fighting. And lost to khabib in the 4 th round went he spent 2 years solely focusing on boxing.

you have an agenda. I enjoy all of the aforementioned fighters. You’re a cheerleader. You pick a side and stay in it. That’s how you can’t see the hypocrisy of you’re karate forum argument.

Edit **** And look how many opinions you have on here. You almost have matched me on my two decades on this site.
you’re opinion is important and you have great context and perspective on the sport.

I’m not angry buddy. But you have a cheerleaders mentality. And that’s ok. It’s good for the sport.

The difference is Poirer amassed a terrific LW record after his defeat to Conor in a different weight class. Conor on the other hand lost to Khabib and fought over the hill company man Cowboy.

Also you are right Conor can say he KO'd Dustin and not fight him however because Khabib is Khabib and is keeping Conor from getting an undeserved title shot at LW Conor hasn't much choice but to either rematch Poirer, fight Justin coming off a loss, fight Tony coming off a loss or fight Charles who is a nightmare match up for him. It's either that or he could fight the likes of Deigo Sanchez or his dream fight Nate for the LW title once Khabib decides what he wants to do and from there Conor can plan his future so basically Conor's short term future is in Khabib's hands if you will aside from the long term PTSD from October 2018.

Khabib retired the moment Conor vs Dustin for TS was being talked about. Thats a fact.
here are the facts
/thread
pressure 2.jpg pressure.jpg tenor (3).gif

"I am in a war state of mind, that's how I am getting ready," McGregor said. "Two years outside of the UFC's Octagon, but not two years out of fighting in this world because I fight every day. There is always a fight happening in my world involving me or someone else."

'It's been a war zone in my camp, we have been preparing for war. All you have to do is look at the imagery and video we have released, we have shown glimpses of the true hard work we have put in for this camp. Broken orbital bones, broken zygomatic arches, swallowed teeth, broken feet, broken fingers. This fool is saying it's going to be a long night, trust me mate I'm ready for a long night.'

'I came back to shut this man up. The little weasel.... I will enjoy putting a beating on this glass jaw rat.'

' am very, very well coached, I am ready for this. We are ready for war, we are ready for all outcomes. You are looking at supreme confidence here. We are going to enjoy this on October 6, that's why we're here, because we love it.'

'I'll tap your head off the canvas.'

says the guy who quit during the fight

only business"

While Khabib stuck around and defended his title, didn't Conor leave the sport and hire a life coach? He won't own up to anything he says since when it doesn't go his way "it's only business." I'll take him for his word that he doesn't actually believe this nonsense either.

If Conor KOs Poirier in 60 seconds like he's predicting, would be weird for Khabib not to want to rematch him and prove he can do it twice, especially to be his potential 30-0 fight.

Back