Media "Conor needs to fight Gaethje or Islam Makhachev next"

Gaethje's fine, but my point is that suggesting Islam, who hasn't ever beaten a ranked opponent, is a logical choice for a Conor fight rn just shows that Ali's just looking for that pay day from someone else since he knows he'll get one from any Khabib fight, regardless of opponent. Presenting it like he's some astute match maker is just an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Islam and Gaethje are the only LW fighters in top 15 who are coming off of wins and arent booked or recently fought. They are the logical 2 choices anyone unbiased would suggest <mma4>
Conor vs Islam is not logical

I wonder how Khabib's team would react if UFC booked Conor/Justin in an interim championship match due to Ramadam? (Assuming Khabib still holds the belt).

There'd be mayhem.

It’s easy to fool the casuals by matching Conor vs ANY champion and calling him brave or unafraid....

It’s a whole other thing to have him fight a couple actively ranked 3 thru 6 fighters.

The pressure is off when facing the champ, just like me losing to GGG in boxing, that doesn’t mean I’m awesome because there are 40 ranked people and a ton of amateurs who can smoke me too.

Just a marketing ploy the UFC uses to promote Conman Mcgregor. The man is talented and fun to watch, but he’s a deeply flawed horse.

Last edited:
I wonder how Khabib's team would react if UFC booked Conor/Justin in an interim championship match due to Ramadam? (Assuming Khabib still holds the belt).

There'd be mayhem.

I think they'd react positively, why wouldn't they? Doubt they would make an "interim belt" for one month but Khabib and Ali both want Conor to fight someone else, especially Ali he wants it to be Justin or Islam.

I think they'd react positively, why wouldn't they? Doubt they would make an "interim belt" for one month but Khabib and Ali both want Conor to fight someone else, especially Ali he wants it to be Justin or Islam.

I get the feeling they don't anything to do with McGregor or his team due to bad blood. I suspect interim belts were brought in to force a champions hand.

I get the feeling they don't anything to do with McGregor or his team due to bad blood. I suspect interim belts were brought in to force a champions hand.

They had bad blood before UFC 229 but still fought.

Khabib has said he's not denying a rematch out of bad blood he just wants him to earn it first. Ali implied he'd earn it with a win over Gaethje or Islam, and he's likely speaking for Khabib.

It's a personal principle for Khabib because he remembers being denied a titleshot that he felt he deserved at UFC 205, so he doesnt want to pull an Alvarez by doing the same in fighting non-deserving contenders.

Yeah makes sense ranking wise but too high risk little gain for McGregor. He's not going to beat either fighter.

Gaethje's fine, but my point is that suggesting Islam, who hasn't ever beaten a ranked opponent, is a logical choice for a Conor fight rn just shows that Ali's just looking for that pay day from someone else since he knows he'll get one from any Khabib fight, regardless of opponent. Presenting it like he's some astute match maker is just an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Its already been established that Conor's opponents dont get paydays for non-title fights.

Ali and Khabib dont care that UFC ranked Cowboy and others above Makhachev, they know Islam's skill level.

A win over Islam or Justin would earn Conor the rightful contender status in Team Khabib's view.

Why do I feel that even if Ferg wins Khabibs still gonna say Conor cant have a title shot

Yeah makes sense ranking wise but too high risk little gain for McGregor. He's not going to beat either fighter.

Which means he'll likely never rematch Khabib then, that's OK

History tells us Conor doesn’t Do well against Islam

Why do people act like Justin isnt tailor made for a Conor highlight real KO? He got koed by Eddie and Dustin in the standup. Conor destroyed both and made it look easy. Styles make fights yes but Justin is purely standup despite his history as a collegiate wrestler. Ali wants Conor to fight another one of the fighters he manages so he can get double the $$

Give A Monkey A Brain And He'll Swear He's The Center Of The Universe

They will give Conor winner of khabib/Tony

No chance he's fighting Islam, that no win combination of no name and very dangerous.

Back