Conor: "Nate shrank, I was almost talking to Nick more than I was talking to Nate"

Yea I didn't notice Nate "shrink"... I saw him not giving a crap what Conor said or that Conor insisted on just repeating nonsense over and over again when Nate tried to talk. Nate handled himself really well.

I think Nate made Conor look nervous and uncomfortable. You can't really win an exchange vs a Diaz, they are just too special people to deal with, lol.

"I don't even know what that ma fucka just said, but fuck it."
Ya, that's hard to compete with. That would totally make Conor feel uncomfortable.

I hope diaz beats the muslim beard off of conor

I have a feeling that is going to happen one day and is one of the main reasons Conor and the UFC wanted Nate so badly. After he dusts Nate in the first round and Nick talks shit it's going to be a HUGE money fight with a great story behind it.

I hope your right. That would be as good as it gets fight for me.

Someone I read earlier said that nate is like the dumb member of a gang. Id agree but the dumb lovable one, and Nick is the brains/leader behind the gang which is saying something. lol

War NATE!

Connor lost me when he it became obvious that he is putting on an act. I only like jerk behavior when it is real or from chael.

You can't really win an exchange vs a Diaz, they are just too special people to deal with, lol.

The only thing special about the Diaz Bros is the classes they were in were labeled "Special Education". Kings of the short bus they were.

true, he didnt have to fight. but if he wants the 5+ million he has to fight. and he's all about the $$$.
how can you think conor is the greatest fighter ever and simulaneously think its nothing for nate to take a fight with the greatest ever with days to train? you cant be on both sides of this one.

First off mate, you're putting words in my mouth. I have never, not even once, referred to Conor as being the "Greatest fighter ever", Ok.

Now Idk...but last time i checked, Nate Diaz was a professional fighter signed to this organisation called the "Ultimate Fighting Championship".
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but its not too far fetched, is it? to presume, a professional fighter, fighting in the "Ultimate Fighting Championship" would most likely take part in a fight at some point in time, yes?

Now in regard to the weeks notice. If you are a professional football player, and have signed a contract with a club. Even if you are a non playing substitute for every game, despite that fact, is it not your responsibility to be match fit at all times? Incase for whatever reason you are required to play.

Now, i know the fight game has its differences, but if your main objective is to fight and make money and have chosen professional fighter as your chosen career, wouldn't you make it your number one priority to always be fight fit? Its not as if, late call ups or fighter withdrawals are an uncommon occurrence.

Conor is smart. He's already angling for a fight with Nick, and THAT shit would be HUGE.

He said something about it in the presser, like "I knew one day I'd have to fight Nate or Nick..." And he's said other things here and there kind of alluding to a fight with Nick. I would pay so much money to see that, too. lol it's the definition of Conor biting off WAY more than he can chew.

First off mate, you're putting words in my mouth. I have never, not even once, referred to Conor as being the "Greatest fighter ever", Ok.

Now Idk...but last time i checked, Nate Diaz was a professional fighter signed to this organisation called the "Ultimate Fighting Championship".
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but its not too far fetched, is it? to presume, a professional fighter, fighting in the "Ultimate Fighting Championship" would most likely take part in a fight at some point in time, yes?

Now in regard to the weeks notice. If you are a professional football player, and have signed a contract with a club. Even if you are a non playing substitute for every game, despite that fact, is it not your responsibility to be match fit at all times? Incase for whatever reason you are required to play.

Now, i know the fight game has its differences, but if your main objective is to fight and make money and have chosen professional fighter as your chosen career, wouldn't you make it your number one priority to always be fight fit? Its not as if, late call ups or fighter withdrawals are an uncommon occurrence.

some fair points, and i apologize for assuming you to be among the oceans of conor disciples on these forums. i will respectfully disagree with your analysis here however,
in any fight game, ufc included, it is not the norm to step into a fight with an opponent as good as conor, with 10 days notice. staying in shape, and preparing for a world class fighter are in my eyes very different processes. you can be in shape, but a full camp includes sparring and gameplanning at a high level, which is why camps like jackson/wink, ATT, tristar etc are sought after and so successful. being in shape is one thing, being prepared to fight a high level dangerous champion on 10 days is pretty crazy. nate just did a full camp and fought 2 months ago, you need a break after that. no one trains full on all year round, and only cowboy fights 6 plus times a year. anyway, i'm still bummed that RDA pulled out, but hoping for an entertaining fight with nate. anything can happen. either way i'm happy to see nate get a big payday.

I hope your right. That would be as good as it gets fight for me.

It is for everyone and Conor and the UFC know it. This Nate fight is just to introduce casual fans to the Diaz bros so when they make the Nick fight it will shatter all PPV records.

some fair points, and i apologize for assuming you to be among the oceans of conor disciples on these forums. i will respectfully disagree with your analysis here however,
in any fight game, ufc included, it is not the norm to step into a fight with an opponent as good as conor, with 10 days notice. staying in shape, and preparing for a world class fighter are in my eyes very different processes. you can be in shape, but a full camp includes sparring and gameplanning at a high level, which is why camps like jackson/wink, ATT, tristar etc are sought after and so successful. being in shape is one thing, being prepared to fight a high level dangerous champion on 10 days is pretty crazy. nate just did a full camp and fought 2 months ago, you need a break after that. no one trains full on all year round, and only cowboy fights 6 plus times a year. anyway, i'm still bummed that RDA pulled out, but hoping for an entertaining fight with nate. anything can happen. either way i'm happy to see nate get a big payday.

Fair enough, I'm also happy for Nate.
You could argue though, in regards to game plan and strategy, Conor and Nate are on equal terms.

Btw, Its good to hear you give credit to Conor's fighting ability. its one thing to dislike his antics, but to discredit him completely and laugh of his victories as either flukes or fixes and call him a can, like so many do on sherdog, is completely absurd.

Fair enough, I'm also happy for Nate.
You could argue though, in regards to game plan and strategy, Conor and Nate are on equal terms.

Btw, Its good to hear you give credit to Conor's fighting ability. its one thing to dislike his antics, but to discredit him completely and laugh of his victories as either flukes or fixes and call him a can, like so many do on sherdog, is completely absurd.

To be clear, i'm a fan of conor. i like his antics, and i think he's a brilliant guy and a world class fighter. what he's done in less than a year is amazing. and moving up to LW to fight RDA after winning the belt, is just insanity. i think he's beatable like anyone else, and i think RDA is a very difficult fight for him. but his confidence and willingness to take these insane chances i cant help but respect. and to not respect his accomplishments or acknowledge his talent is as insane as the people on here who have him already wearing the WW belt. lets just hope we get a decent amount of fight for this one. few rounds at least, or at least long enough to get a few "come on bitch"es from Nate.

Back