Conor McGregor with Football GOAT Cristiano Ronaldo - Updated pics

Would C.Ronaldo be a success in MMA after watching 2 hours of Fedor highlights and a bjj class?

• Total voters
Messi and Ronaldo are both top players ever. At the end of their career numbers will show who did more but even now it's stunning what both have been able to do.
so wrong

So having a sculped body = having fighting skills now???

what the fuck sherdog.... were you guys collective trolling in that poll?

I guess ronnie coleman would be the best martial artist of all time then..... LOL

Sherdog hypocrisy strikes again!!! Bodybuilder vs Mark Hunt..... Hunt kills him...... Ronaldo with a cross fit body = bruce lee....

<36>

So having a sculped body = having fighting skills now???

what the fuck sherdog.... were you guys collective trolling in that poll?

I guess ronnie coleman would be the best martial artist of all time then..... LOL

Sherdog hypocrisy strikes again!!! Bodybuilder vs Mark Hunt..... Hunt kills him...... Ronaldo with a cross fit body = bruce lee....

<36>

Ronnie Coleman is a D level athlete. Who the hell is he to even be talked about alongside an A level athlete like Ronaldo?

How is it wrong. Messi and Ronaldo are top 5 players ever.
Who are you gonna put in front of them? I only see arguments for Pele, Maradona and Zidane honestly.
Yes soccer has tons of greats (Best, Beckenbauer, Muller, Di Stefano, Cruyff, Platini,brazilian Ronaldo just to name a few) but without letting nostalgia get to you they have been surpassed.
The only thing that can make an argument are world cups.

It's not 'dumb' to analyse areas of the game that are not immediately identifiable to the eye, in fact, it's patently the opposite. If you have never read the article before then no, you didn't already know the information that is presented, you're choosing to dismiss it because it may or may not suit your own view.

It is true that both have similar goals to game etc, but why should that be the only measure of performance? There's no need to simplify the debate to that level. A huge part of Messi's game can easily be overlooked, which is why articles that perform in-depth investigations into his game are more than welcome.

A lot of these stats and observations are why I believe Messi is the better player. I said earlier that Messi is the best playmaker in the world, the stats pertaining to through ball success, assists per game, long balls from deep, chances created all support that theory. I'd always say that a football opinion should be based on watching each player, and I believe that if you watch Messi week in week out, you will probably notice a lot of these phenomena's, but all this becomes pointless if at the end of the season the Ballon D'or is settle on goals per game and how many trophies have been won.

stats are good measurement tools not denying it but some times i feel like these are overrated, stats don't tell all the truth. it's like judging a fight only based on fightmetric stats.

i don't need nothing to suit my view because i'm the one who don't need to compare 2 phenomal player from outtaspace but u said it correctly, at the end of the day ballon d'or is about stat and trophies....remember 2010 when messi won it the whole world including me was scandalised because we knew iniesta got screwed. i really get u on this by the way iniesta may be the uncrown king, the real game changer, he has the best resume ever that neither messi nor ronaldo will never have...but scorers are those being put under the spotlight.
since then that is just the way it is and under these criterias we already know who will be the next ballon d'or

Definitely not GOAT.

And lol at those comparing some random stats to make their argument like those solely paint the full picture.

Ronnie Coleman is a D level athlete. Who the hell is he to even be talked about alongside an A level athlete like Ronaldo?
what??

not sure if trying to be funny or didnt understand what i meant

Conor looks 20 years older compared to CR7! That Stockton slap takes the life out of you, huh?

stats are good measurement tools not denying it but some times i feel like these are overrated, stats don't tell all the truth. it's like judging a fight only based on fightmetric stats.

i don't need nothing to suit my view because i'm the one who don't need to compare 2 phenomal player from outtaspace but u said it correctly, at the end of the day ballon d'or is about stat and trophies....remember 2010 when messi won it the whole world including me was scandalised because we knew iniesta got screwed. i really get u on this by the way iniesta may be the uncrown king, the real game changer, he has the best resume ever that neither messi nor ronaldo will never have...but scorers are those being put under the spotlight.
since then that is just the way it is and under these criterias we already know who will be the next ballon d'or

The only problem with that is that Messi does everything Iniesta does, plus the goal scoring. He simply has a much bigger and more significant contribution to the game. Over 50 goals and over 25 assists is something that Iniesta cannot match, and it was clear to anyone at the time that he did not perform better than Messi that year. I think people try to hard sometimes to exclude the high goalscorers in the Ballon D'or but that's not my points, it's absolutely correct that Ronaldo and Messi have won every award for the last 10 years.

what??

not sure if trying to be funny or didnt understand what i meant

People said Ronaldo would do well because he is an elite of the elite athlete. Not because he is ripped. Ronnie Coleman isn't anywhere near Ronaldo as an athlete so your example doesn't work.

People said Ronaldo would do well because he is an elite of the elite athlete. Not because he is ripped. Ronnie Coleman isn't anywhere near Ronaldo as an athlete so your example doesn't work.
ronnie coleman is an 8 time world champion at having the best body in the world.... how the fuck is this not an elite athlete ???

You know that table tennis is in the olympics right?

ronnie coleman is an 8 time world champion at having the best body in the world.... how the fuck is this not an elite athlete ???

You know that table tennis is in the olympics right?

Ronnie Coleman is a bodybuilder. The only athletic quality he possesses is strength. It doesn't require balance, endurance, timing, flexibility, coordination, agility, speed. Nothing. He's D level at best. Table tennis is an athletic event. It's a real sport. Body building isn't. They are terrible athletes.

Ronnie Coleman is a bodybuilder. The only athletic quality he possesses is strength. It doesn't require balance, endurance, timing, flexibility, coordination, agility, speed. Nothing. He's D level at best. Table tennis is an athletic event. It's a real sport. Body building isn't. They are terrible athletes.

Do you even lift?

bro.....

Do you even lift?

Yes sometimes. It's not even remotely comparable to sport. And Ronnie was 100% for aesthetics. Not performance like a strong man or Olympic weight lifter would. I guess those Jersey Shore guys are great athletes because they have big muscles and lift weights before going out clubbing? Lol Coleman and bodybuilders are not real athletes.

Yes sometimes. It's not even remotely comparable to sport. And Ronnie was 100% for aesthetics. Not performance like a strong man or Olympic weight lifter would. I guess those Jersey Shore guys are great athletes because they have big muscles and lift weights before going out clubbing? Lol Coleman and bodybuilders are not real athletes.
Are you saying deadlifts, squats, free weights etc.... do not requite balance, endurance, cardio, timing, etc ???
There are even deadlifts and bench press competitions.... One of them is in the olympics, mma is not.

But anyway, let me be a little more clear: Its about genetics. Yeah, i agree with the points you made about ronnie in the post above, but if you think he doesnt have the genetics to be an athlete in other sports too you are crazy. He just focused on BB.

And by the way, I wasnt trying to advocate that bodybuilders are great athletes! I just used them to make a joke about looking ripped and being good at MMA. Which is by the way, my original point. All i was saying is that having good athlete atributes doesnt equate to being good at fighting per se.

Then we got derailed discussing if ronnie is a good athlete or not.... which really wasnt my original point.

I'd say champion by default just by looking at a pair of Reebok sneakers and ignoring Ben Askren on Twitter.
Looking at a pair of Reebok sneakers may bring him down a peg... possible blindness due to ugliness.

4 Champions Lg/La Liga doubles & the Moneyweight Champ

CoR_mXqWgAAsdpr.jpg

Back