Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov : Who takes it ?

Conor vs Khabib. Who takes it ?

• Total voters
Conor by being more active in guard
Lol, Khabib can't pass guard? He has passed the guard of every UFC fighter he has fought with.. Conor will be no different

Conor KOS him in the first round with an anticlimactic ending. I honestly think he might KO him in the first 2 mins. The striking gap is just too big.

Lol, Khabib can't pass guard? He has passed the guard of every UFC fighter he has fought with.. Conor will be no different
Every fight starts standing, and conors TDD isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. What makes you think he wont just knock khabib out ?

This one is a coin toss.... Conor' striking is light years ahead of Khabib... and Khabib is light years ahead in terms of grappling... it will come down to whether Conor' TDD can hold up, and if can manage to tag Nurmagomedov before he ends up on his back.

The first couple of minutes in the Johnson fight were very telling for Khabib's striking. If Conor was able to catch the Russian in the same way, I don't see it lasting very long. But it is only going to take one takedown in the fight for Nurmagomedov to take the starch out of Conor.. he has a relentless attack on the ground, and is unconventional... there were times in the Johnson fight where it looked like Michael got himself into a position to protect himself, only to show some of the Russian' creativity...

While I agree that McGregor's TDD looked decent against a damn good wrestler like Eddie, lets not kid ourselves here, Khabib is a whole different level... if he gets his hands on Conor, this one is going to the mat... and it will really depend on how durable the Irishman is, and how much time is left in the round... that is not a knock on McGregor, just the reality of how strong Khabib is on the mat...

This is one fight I am REALLY looking forward to seeing...

Lol ok, you're trolling, 3/10
Why do you have a Conor avatar if you don't like his grappling? Did you lose an av bet when he grapplefucked Michael Johnson? Khabib is a good boxer, but Conor's sambo/BJJ is better.

Khabib cant compete with conor in the striking, this is just a well known fact. Its not even close in that regard. That leaves khabib with only one path to victory and thats the wrestling, and conor has much improved TDD and wrestling as of late.

The thing is conor is the more complete fighter, he is levels above him in the striking, and has a decent ground game as well which is only improving. To me this is an even bigger mismatch than the eddie fight.

Either Conor by KO in the first 30 seconds or Kabib by domination. Neither would shock me. If Kabib hits a TD its over. Conor will gas badly

Every fight starts standing, and conors TDD isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. What makes you think he wont just knock khabib out ?
It could happen, I am not denying that. I just think it is more likely that Khabib keeps his distant and waits for Conor to over extend and then clinch with him. Alvarez didn't do a bad job of this, but he got hit too much and he isn't very good at taking people down.

Khabib cant compete with conor in the striking, this is just a well known fact. Its not even close in that regard. That leaves khabib with only one path to victory and thats the wrestling, and conor has much improved TDD and wrestling as of late.

The thing is conor is the more complete fighter, he is levels above him in the striking, and has a decent ground game as well which is only improving. To me this is an even bigger mismatch than the eddie fight.

No he isn't. Conor is better at striking range and thats about it. Kabib has better TDs, grappling, clinch work and cardio. Neither are really complete fighters.

Stuffing a couple of the most telegraphed TDs ever from Eddie doesn't mean Conor has improved TDD. If Kabib gets a hold of him he is going down and will likely gas

While I don't disagree that his striking is ahead by a country mile, you're fooling yourself if you think this is not a compelling matchup, or it is going to be a cake walk.

Sure, Conor could very well tag Khabib early, and if that is the case I think this fight is likely over. But what is the % that is the outcome?

Conor's ground game may be improving.. but it is irrelevant. Michael Johnson is a FAR more accomplished grappler than Conor.. with a far stronger camp of wrestlers.. he was toyed with on the mat by Khabib... and lets be honest here, I am sure he spend time with Rashad preparing for every conceivable TD.. it was futile... Khabib may be a less complete fighter.. he may be a one trick pony.. but holy $hit... what a TRICK...

The key here is for Conor to keep this standing, and wear out the Russian or KO him... that has proven to be very difficult... even a battered Eddie managed to get Conor against the cage in the 2nd... While Conor showed excellent poise in defending the TD, and then ultimately finishing Eddie, I think if it were Khabib in the same position, the % that clinch ends on the mat is far greater...

Like I said before, this is one of those fights I am so looking forward to seeing.. I like both fighters, and hope we get to see an entertaining bout...

Its fucking Kabib! Maybe the best wrestler in MMA. Conor isn't stopping the TD, although he may get the KO first. What makes you think Kabib wont just ragdoll Conor right out the gate?

Either Conor by KO in the first 30 seconds or Kabib by domination. Neither would shock me. If Kabib hits a TD its over. Conor will gas badly[/QU
Well said, Connor needs a quick KO and Khabib is easily hit able. It could go that way as Khabib has never been hit that hard before. I believe the more likely scenario is the much larger and stronger Khabib getting a hold of Connor and there is no TDD for that beast , Khabib by mauling .

Because Khabib is the best wrestler in the history of the LW division and will instantly take down Conor whenever he wants?

Khabib by one of his easiest fights to date.

I don't see this fight happening, especially in Russia but, I ended up voting for khabib.

Conor is better at BJJ, than a World Champion in it (khabib).

Back