Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov makes the most sense

Number wise it makes the least amount of sense

Khabib is bound to lose with that sloppy ass striking. Against Conor? It would be a bloody muuuuuurder!

Nate Diaz gives him the toughest fight

He won but who cares if they both looked terrible?

Conor would light him up early...
You said earlier that you though Khabib deserved this fight based on merit. What merit is that exactly? Because he hasn't done anything in the UFC in a couple of years. Alvarez is ranked above Khabib yet you complain who deserves it the most.

This is the fight that I want to see too now that RDA is out, and I'm one of Conor's biggest fans. It's a winnable fight for Conor, despite what many believe. Especially now that Khabib has been out for so long and is coming off of ACL repair. He's never faced a striker like McGregor with his kind of power, accuracy, footwork and timing. On the other hand, McGregor has never faced a grappler as relentless as Khabib is with his takedowns and smothering.

The UFC won't allow this fight to happen though, apparently, which sucks. I'd like to see McGregor prove many doubters wrong. By beating Khabib it'd be huge. If he lost to Khabib then so what, he's arguably the best Lightweight in the world alongside RDA, whom he already beat before (though RDA has improved a lot since). It's a fight that I believe should be made especially since Khabib is ready and willing.

Lol that's bullshit, who cares about that fight? If you asked either of those two if they would rather fight McGregor than fight each other they would both say yes.

There's plenty of time for those 2 to fight each other...

If McGregor wants to fight for the interim title, he needs to fight either Khabib or Tony.

I agree I'm just saying that is their excuse

If you're gonna go based on who deserves a title shot more then I think you have to give it to Alvarez. I'm not a fan of his but he's won some important fights. If you're going off of who would be the most entertaining I think you gotta go with Cerrone, Pettis, Diaz or Ferguson. Either way you don't go with Khabib. You don't reward someone because two years ago he beat the current champ. His fight with Ferguson should be for a title shot is Ferg wins and if Khabib wins he should fight Alvarez for a title shot.

This isn't for an interim title, is it?

Should be Khabib or Ferguson. I'd pick Ferguson seeing as he has not been out for 2 years and has won a great streak.

After that, Connor fight RDA. After that if Khabib has had 1 or 2 wins added onto his stellar record...Make that the first title defense.

That is a hitlist for 155 if I ever saw one. People can complain all day, but Khabib has been gone for 2 years, and he wasn't the champ either unlike Cruz. He can't use the Cruz card to get the instant shot. Ferguson seems like the best choice given all aspects.

Ferguson/RDA/Khabib...This is most likely what will occur if Connor wins his fights. So if he wins he will match Khabib, if he loses before Khabib then he wasn't good enough or strong enough to hang with the bigger crowd.

People are just eager to say "SEE HE LOST I TOLD YOU HE AINT SHIT!!!!DIDNT I TELL YOU HE AINT SHIT!!!!???"

Everyone wants to be that guy...

You said earlier that you though Khabib deserved this fight based on merit. What merit is that exactly? Because he hasn't done anything in the UFC in a couple of years. Alvarez is ranked above Khabib yet you complain who deserves it the most.

The merit is dominating the guy who Conor was supposed to fight for 3 rounds the last time he fought...

He's been out due to a string of injuries. So was Cruz and he came back and did work vs TJ.

This is the fight that I want to see too now that RDA is out, and I'm one of Conor's biggest fans. It's a winnable fight for Conor, despite what many believe. Especially now that Khabib has been out for so long and is coming off of ACL repair. He's never faced a striker like McGregor with his kind of power, accuracy, footwork and timing. On the other hand, McGregor has never faced a grappler as relentless as Khabib is with his takedowns and smothering.

The UFC won't allow this fight to happen though, apparently, which sucks. I'd like to see McGregor prove many doubters wrong. By beating Khabib it'd be huge. If he lost to Khabib then so what, he's arguably the best Lightweight in the world alongside RDA, whom he already beat before (though RDA has improved a lot since). It's a fight that I believe should be made especially since Khabib is ready and willing.

Its the classic grappler vs striker match-up and both of them are very good at what they do.

I don't see why people wouldn't want to see it, unless they just don't want to see one of them lose. But that's stupid, who cares if one of them loses? Fighters should never be protected.

Donald Cerrone just got wrecked in a title fight

Nate Diaz beat MJ but before that he was doing terrible

Anthony Pettis is coming off 2 losses where he looked helpless

Since Conor was getting a title shot and Khabib is the #1 LW in the world, it makes the most sense to book Conor vs Khabib for the interim LW title.

Khabib says he is ready, Conor is ready of course, what are we waiting for?

Personally I think McGregor should jump on the opportunity because this is his best opportunity to beat Khabib, coming off of a 2 year lay off and a string of injuries.
I'm with you, but it sure doesn't sound like it's a remote possibility. It would be likely be the toughest fight they could make at LW. And if Conor won it, especially after surviving some time on the ground, it would answer a lot of lingering questions. If not, then it shows were he needs to improve.

The merit is dominating the guy who Conor was supposed to fight for 3 rounds the last time he fought...

He's been out due to a string of injuries. So was Cruz and he came back and did work vs TJ.
Cruz was the champion and never lost the title. You're not making any sense right now, I'm sorry. Beating a guy 2 years ago doesn't mean anything if you haven't fought since.

Its the classic grappler vs striker match-up and both of them are very good at what they do.

I don't see why people wouldn't want to see it, unless they just don't want to see one of them lose. But that's stupid, who cares if one of them loses? Fighters should never be protected.

Yep, two elites at what they do in a style vs style clash. McGregor would have to fight Khabib at LW eventually anyway so why not do it now? Conor's already had a full camp for a very well rounded fighter so he'd have an advantage there. There's no reason for a true Conor fan that believes in his abilities to NOT want this fight. The Diaz "fun" fight makes no sense and it isn't why Conor is moving up to Lightweight in the first place. Conor wants to fight the best at Lightweight, which is RDA and Khabib. He wants the title. Well, RDA is out so Khabib should be in.

Of course it makes the most sense.

Which should clue you in that the UFC won't do it.

Its in 11 days, who's gonna get injured in 11 days?

RDA has just been injured not even 2 weeks from the fight, safe to say it could happen easily to a guy who has been on the short end of the injury stick for the latter part of his career.

I love Khabib too man, but Ferguson, by activity and streak alone...Should be the one getting it. I would rather Khabib have 1 or 2 more fights from his injury just to make sure there is no rust heading into a fight with RDA or Mcgreggor.

If he were to come into this and Connor blasts him quicker than he can outgrapple him...We would just get another fucking Mendez excuse fest. Oh he was coming back from and injury, oh he isn't the same, oh he wasn't ready for such a high level fight. Win or lose from Khabib and Connor...I want no bullshit reasons for excuses. Had enough with the Mendes shit.

Doesn't matter. Dana already said no to that possibility.

Interesting that they offered to take the fight and were denied.

I see some suggest Ferguson as the replacement, not bad but it wouldn't make sense considering the reason Dana said no to Khabib was he was scheduled to fight on FOX.

Either Diaz or Cerrone are my picks.

Let's get real now. I doubt the UFC or Conor's camp would want to fight Khabib.

Back