Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov makes the most sense

Does the UFC want anyone but the champ, to beat McGregor?

Not at all. He hasn't even fought for two years.

I agree, it should be Khabib. Problem is, Conor would lose, and UFC's special boy will be exposed.

He's number 1 in the world, and he wrecked the champ in his last fight.

He's only been out due to unfortunate circumstances in training.

Who else at LW deserves to fight for the interim title? The 3 names I mentioned in the OP definitely don't, not more than Khabib.
Eddie Alvarez is ranked ahead of him. In a short notice fight like this, I'd look for the most entertaining fight that would be against a solid opponent. Cerrone would fit the bill best. And I wouldn't make this a interim title fight.

The guy is the #1 guy in the world. He ragdolled the champ in his last fight. If anyone deserves the fight its him or Tony.

Were you mad about Dominick Cruz getting an immediate shot at TJ too?
No, because Cruz didn't get an immediate shot after returning from his huge layoff. He beat Mizaguki 15 months earlier. That still isn't ideal, but if you looked at the divisional landscape it made sense. Faber has had a huge number of unconverted title shots and Barao was never going to fight at BW again....who else was there who was more deserving?

Khabib is #1, but he shouldn't be. Not after being on the shelf for that long. He needs a couple of consecutive fights before he gets a title shot to show he is healthy.

They said they don't want to cancel the khabib vs Ferguson fight in April that's why they didn't offer either of these 2 the Conor fight

Danae reasoning is he hasn't fought in two years. Dana knows Alvarez jusybwantsbtk go in here and wrestle his way to a win so that's not happening. It'll either be Diaz or cowboy.

Eddie Alvarez is ranked ahead of him. In a short notice fight like this, I'd look for the most entertaining fight that would be against a solid opponent. Cerrone would fit the bill best. And I wouldn't make this a interim title fight.

Eddie Alvarez hugged a weak Anthony Pettis for 3 rounds...

Donald Cerrone just got wrecked in a title fight

Nate Diaz beat MJ but before that he was doing terrible

Anthony Pettis is coming off 2 losses where he looked helpless

Since Conor was getting a title shot and Khabib is the #1 LW in the world, it makes the most sense to book Conor vs Khabib for the interim LW title.

Khabib says he is ready, Conor is ready of course, what are we waiting for?

Personally I think McGregor should jump on the opportunity because this is his best opportunity to beat Khabib, coming off of a 2 year lay off and a string of injuries.
Well now that you put it this way, i wouldn't want khabib fans making the 2 years + injuries excuse if conor beats him

They said they don't want to cancel the khabib vs Ferguson fight in April that's why they didn't offer either of these 2 the Conor fight

Lol that's bullshit, who cares about that fight? If you asked either of those two if they would rather fight McGregor than fight each other they would both say yes.

There's plenty of time for those 2 to fight each other...

If McGregor wants to fight for the interim title, he needs to fight either Khabib or Tony.

Eddie Alvarez hugged a weak Anthony Pettis for 3 rounds...
Has fought multiple times in recent time, and is ranked ahead of Khabib. You complain about him hugging Pettis, yet want Khabib to get this fight. Hilarious.

You might not care what the UFC wants but real life does.

But that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about who deserves it the most.

Go make another thread about what's best for the UFC.

Has fought multiple times in recent time, and is ranked ahead of Khabib. You complain about him hugging Pettis, yet want Khabib to get this fight. Hilarious.

He lost to Gilbert IMO, and looked terrible against a Pettis who looked terrible...

Khabib looked dominant over an RDA that had just dominated Cowboy the fight before.

I don't care what the UFC wants, I'm talking based on merit.
If you're expecting merit from this sport, you will be disappointed time and time again. Just look at what Dana said about Conor today, claiming he's the only guy he'd ever allow to hold two belts.

Look at this thread, where posters want fights based on which would be the bigger draw, not merit. It's all BS. Fights should go to fighters who have earned it, not on who would bring the most money.

Either way, Conor will be fighting someone who will probably have to cut a lot of weight in two weeks. I still think full camp Mendes would have taken that fight.

He lost to Gilbert IMO, and looked terrible against a Pettis who looked terrible...

Khabib looked dominant over an RDA that had just dominated Cowboy the fight before.
Bro, that's almost 2 years ago. Alvarez looked "terrible" against Pettis, yet won. He "lost" to Gilbert, yet won. Khabib doesn't deserve this fight, and his style is boring. That's why he isn't getting this fight and rightfully so.

Bro, that's almost 2 years ago. Alvarez looked "terrible" against Pettis, yet won. He "lost" to Gilbert, yet won. Khabib doesn't deserve this fight, and his style is boring. That's why he isn't getting this fight and rightfully so.

He won but who cares if they both looked terrible?

Conor would light him up early...

Donald Cerrone just got wrecked in a title fight

Nate Diaz beat MJ but before that he was doing terrible

Anthony Pettis is coming off 2 losses where he looked helpless

Since Conor was getting a title shot and Khabib is the #1 LW in the world, it makes the most sense to book Conor vs Khabib for the interim LW title.

Khabib says he is ready, Conor is ready of course, what are we waiting for?

Personally I think McGregor should jump on the opportunity because this is his best opportunity to beat Khabib, coming off of a 2 year lay off and a string of injuries.
I say throw in Tony El cuicuy Ferguson instead. He has been more active and the fight is a guaranteed barn burner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back