• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor McGregor says he signed contract to fight Gaethje

Serious question...Could he, or could the UFC send him a fight agreement if he isnt eligible to fight?...not being a smartass here, can fighters sign contracts/agreements with a future date that would met USADA guidelines if they are not cleared at the time of signing?

I can honestly see Conor taking this fight. Would make sense for him..

(Not necessarily the sport)

Serious question...Could he, or could the UFC send him a fight agreement if he isnt eligible to fight?...not being a smartass here, can fighters sign contracts/agreements with a future date that would met USADA guidelines if they are not cleared at the time of signing?
Yes. All the fighters need to be cleared to fight. It would just be part of the procedure

the fight makes sense for conor.
- he's already lost the trilogy to dustin
- oliveira is a nightmare matchup and doesn't speak english to sell press conferences.
- beating chandler won't get him a title shot

and Chandler doesn't have much clout...
Justin does... all or nothing fighter looking for the knock out rather than eeking out points, popular with fans, doesn't back down
has some recent impressive wins. perfect atmosphere for Connor to swoop in as Sudo Bad Guy for another payday... even when he loses he can go home and cry himself to sleep on his bed made out of money...

McG shows a picture of an autographed picture of himself as a joke and you somehow think that equates to a contract being signed

USADA isn't some government agency or regulatory, law-enforcing organization. They are a company for hire. They, ultimately, answer to the UFC, not the other way around.

The UFC can change, alter, or make acceptions, at their leisure, according to what suits their needs. Don't get it twisted.

He posted a random signed picture of him from 2015 and you made this thread lol
Let's face it - even if Conor DID sign a contract it would mean absolutely nothing. He just filmed a whole season of Ultimate Fighter and then got scared to fight and pulled out. Contracts don't mean shit to Conor and the UFC is not ready to play hard ball with a guy that popular/powerful so he can sign what he wants and pull out whenever he wants.

Dana used to say ONE good thing about Conor when he was criticized "say what you want about the kid, when he signs to fight, he shows up to fight". That was his one saving grace.

It is no longer his one saving grace.

He didn't lose the trilogy to Dustin. That was a doctor stoppage.

Eh, it counts. He stupidly opened up with kicks. If the leg was already injured, it was dumb to attack with an injured limb. If it wasn't, he broke it by angry retard kicking Dustin.

But...you are joking. A fan with a picture of Big Sexy knows about working a crowd.

None of these guys will bring big numbers
Fight Chandler or fuck off
It ain’t chandler fault Conor stock is at all time low
GayG ain’t bringing in more fans than Chandler

I don’t even like Chandler like that, I just don’t like seeing him get screwed.

Conor really should of done the BKF Mike Perry fight it looks like

USADA isn't some government agency or regulatory, law-enforcing organization. They are a company for hire. They, ultimately, answer to the UFC, not the other way around.

The UFC can change, alter, or make acceptions, at their leisure, according to what suits their needs. Don't get it twisted.
Ohhh i know, they hired USADA to allegedly legitimize the sport, i know they can grant exemptions to fighters if they feel like it and they have done this before, in this case they have not as far as we know, so Conor is still not eligible to fight, question is not if the UFC would bend their rules to accommodate Conor, its if Conor can actually sign for a fight while still not eligible at the moment, i know they will give him one if Conor is actually serious about fighting.

USADA isn't preventing shit. The UFC liberally chooses when to apply (and more importantly, when not to) the USADA code for drug testing.

There's a reason why the UFC can get last-minute replacements into the UFC without USADA needing the usual "six month waiting period" that people like Conor would be subjected to.

Actually, I don’t give a damn anymore, as long as Dana takes care of Chandler for being a company man.

The fight game is all about knocking motherfuckers out (or wins) and staying active/relevant
Unfortunately Conor hasn’t been doing either for a while now

one solid win and he can Get some fans back and be back in the mix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back