Media Conor Mcgregor responds to Mayweather's comments that compared his punching power with youtubers

And Mayweather didn't even flinch after being hit, so in all honesty McGregor is kinda proving Floyd's point.
He can't really prove any other point because lies and exaggerations don't have proof behind them. That said, this is not a "fight" anyone wants to see a second time. The money has been made. It's clear that Conor cannot KO Floyd and it's clear that Conor will be led into deep waters and finished so..... why run it back??

Saying he hits like someone with an easy 15kg+ of weight on him (I presume he refers to Logan Paul), not bad

James Toney tried it, didnt work out so well.

Exactly - that's the only fight I can think of that happened in the octagon.
I'm sure a lot of MMA guys could talk a lot of shit after a boxer comes into their sport and the boxers aren't experts in certain MMA techniques/styles.

Have you watched any of them? Looks like a man having fun doing what he loves. He's obviously in great shape and still enjoys it, and gets paid insane money to spar people, why shouldn't he carry on? At least he's not delusional trying to compete with people he can't beat anymore
Hes also bored and its all he knows, when you've been boxing your entire life and arent exactly known for having many hobbies outside of it its hard to stop, even when you have all the money in the world.

He beat the hell out of Canelo but Floyd did not drop his guard and throw caution to the wind like he did against Conor.
Floyd played chess against Canelo, Canelo couldn't hit him because of the difference of their skill at the time. Floyd was in and OUT the entire fight. Even after hitting Canelo with massive rights he made sure to get the hell out of the way

Floyd literally walked forward against Conor, no feints, no trademark style, little defensive footwork and no trying to get out of range. The same range he avoided like it would've killed him against Pacman.

He walked him down and clobber stopped him, like many expected him to. I absolutely agree, there’s no way Floyd would’ve ever done that with a high level boxer opposing him. He’d have lost a number of times had he tried that

Boxers aren't deluded enough to think they can beat MMA fighters in the octagon.
"I AM that dumb sir!"
toney.jpg

Lame, fake trash talk to try to sucker people into buying a “fight” no one should be excited to see.

More like he was better adapted to the boxing style of throwing punches. I didn't see much of a power differential, though I will grant Floyd had the edge in speed and conditioning. McGregor was used to throwing in small gloves, it's not quite the same.

Old Floyd would get walked down by this jacked version of Conor.
What the fuck are you taking about. There was a very clear difference in their power when they boxed. It was night and day

They should fight again with MMA gloves.

Those big ass puffy boxing gloves are harder to get used to.

Be a real man, Floyd, and at least give him MMA gloves in a boxing match.

What the fuck are you taking about. There was a very clear difference in their power when they boxed. It was night and day
Conor is a power puncher who is always looking for a finish while Floyd is defensive point fighter.

First of all, Conor had trouble landing, period, on the best defensive boxer of all time, and landing cleanly at that, so it's not like you saw a huge sample of punches to compare. And he was gassed pretty quickly.

Second, power in mma gloves may not equal power in boxing gloves and vice versa is the point I'm trying to make, the technique of the punch in boxing has a big impact on how punches land. If we're talking brute power irrespective of sport (as measured for example by punching a machine sensor), I think Conor takes it, although I'll admit it depends on the type of punch thrown.

McGregor’s actually in a better financial situation than Mayweather right now. McGregor has had successful businesses outside off his sport, Floyd has not. Only reason Floyd is calling for this unnecessary rematch is cause he can’t sustain his lifestyle and will be broke in 5 years.

I'd argue you're incorrect on all counts. Admittedly I"m not an expert on either of their finances, and I don't spend a lot of time researching other human being's net worth (so if the links below are not the gold standard, feel free to provide). But your statement just seemed off to me so I did a quick search. Also, stating Mayweather isn't doing anything business-wise is inaccurate.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/box...urse-career-earnings/xgqxprk6f5ojv5k28276kdlb
https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/conor-mcgregor-net-worth

Back