Media Conor McGregor explains decision to fight Donald Cerrone at 170- Helwani ESPN

Frank McEdgar

=====(SHERDOG)=====
@red
Reaction score

-Likes that Donald is a family man
-Appreciated Donald drawing attention to Proper 12
-Says he weights 160 and a bit right now
-Says he would beat Donald at any weight

upload_2020-1-10_23-5-5.png

Conor has definitely grown in height, that's how you know he's prepared for war

This was back in 2014:
Screen-Shot-2017-07-17-at-17.25.57.png

What a beast. Said he weighs only a little over 160. But will fighting a cerrone who will surely cut down from atleast the 180s.

January 18th it`s going down folks

ezgif-5-259c9bbd49e0.gif

What a beast. Said he weighs only a little over 160. But will fighting a cerrone who will surely cut down from atleast the 180s.

Anytime, Any weight, Anywhere.

145, 155, 170.

How the fuck does he only weigh a little over 160?

It seems pretty obvious why this fight is at 170:

1. Fighting at 170 provides more options. Conor already has all options available to him at 155; this fight at 170 will make it easier to justify a future bout for the WW or BMF title or against GSP.

2. Fighting at 170 offers a built-in excuse. If he loses, he can talk about Cowboy being tree times his size. In this clip, he's already pushing the narrative that Cowboy "doesn't look well at 155. He's a 170 fighter."

3. If he loses at 170, he seemingly doesn't lose his place in line at 155.

Dana said no weight cut in the contract so I dont think its allowed. Of course he could do it before hand and go to the weigh in, then rehydrate, but the way dana explained it, neither guy would cut.

Dana said no weight cut in the contract so I dont think its allowed. Of course he could do it before hand and go to the weigh in, then rehydrate, but the way dana explained it, neither guy would cut.
That's not how it works lmfao. Donald cerrone physically weighs in the 180s. He is not a walk around at 170 pound human. He's almost 6'1. Me and Donald cerrone have very similar builds actually. I'm about 6'0-6'1 and physical walk around about 187( In shape).

Well I hope he is efficient with his energy if he is fighting a guy Tree times his size again .

Has the built in excuse that he was fighting out of his weight class, should he lose to Cerrone

Dude is 160 and says he'd fight usman or jorge who are well over 180. Dude is small for 170

He’s come across as more likeable in this three-minute video than his entire 2018/19 interviews combined.

So basically he likes him cause he kisses his ass. Just like his entire camp

Back