Media Conor McGregor explains decision to fight Donald Cerrone at 170- Helwani ESPN

Surprising interview. He seems less annoying and more down to earth, Khabib humbled him.
It's not like he was annyoing during every single interview in the past - he had plenty of humble moments even a few years ago.
He'll seem perfectly normal during periods, then he'll appear just as annoying as before.
I'll wait a while before assuming he's changed.

lol so they finally let Ariel into UFC HQ

Dana tamed him, confirmed

Fair enough, if you can’t do shit yourself attaching yourself to someone successful for a few crumbs makes sense for sure
Cowgirl may have been somebody but not anymore now that he has been executed by an example of alpha in Gaethje. And McGod is only going to overwrite that execution. If not, the whole business becomes irrelevant altogether, let alone Mcgregor himselfe. I mean McGregor is on the game cover, regardless of how much of a cheap swindle the game is. Methaphorically, he on the cover of the whole business...
so...
McGod must win or he is an asshole.

1st of all it is not Conor who was doing the fixing it is the UFC ... They have the deep pockets and they have more to gain by having Conor win the fight ...Cowboy is 36 and not sniffing a title shot... Cowboy has a child to take care of and a big pay day will set his child's future now that I think of it if I was him I would take a dive too... None of this is a real secret and the rumors are strong at what is going on here and how is going to play out lol
Your theory might be right, the problem is that Conor has three losses and the last one was a bit one-sided. Are you sure it is worth for some UFC haigher up risking their neck to fix Conor's fight in 2020, when he a) lost plenty of times and was exposed on multiple occasions b) has small (not 0 but small) chance of beating current 155 or 170 champions c) has issues with alcohol and the law d) Conor may not even fight ever again regardless if he wins or loses.
Is it really worth it? Conor is big for UFC, but the question is is he really THAT big for them to do that route?

What a beast. Said he weighs only a little over 160. But will fighting a cerrone who will surely cut down from atleast the 180s.
Conor was always a mid sized LW. Nate looked a full weight class larger at WW and Conor being bloated at weigh in came in at 168lb.

I find it funny when the haters try saying he’s like 180 and cuts. The guy made FW l, never missed weight, never pulled out, never had weight cut complications.

Ofc he's lying about the weight.

He says he's 160 and a bit and 1 min later he says "I weigh 170". His nitrutionist Lockhard said he was 171 pounds in the Khabib fight where he looked smaller and he weighed in at 168 for both WW fights where he looked smaller too at the scale.

He's lying to make an excuse if things go south. We'll know how much he weighs when he step into it but with this mindset I wouldn't be surprised if he cut a few pounds from 170s to 165ish to prove he's the much smaller fighter.
I agree, but for different reason. I think he just wants his win to seem more impressive, not to pad excuses. I'm guessing he's more like 180 lbs right now. When he fought at featherweight he was over 160 so there's no fucking way he's 160 now. Even in the diaz fight I bet he cut weight and just claimed he didn't.

-Likes that Donald is a Company man
-Appreciated Donald drawing attention to Fighters Union
-Says his height is 160cm and a bit right now
-Dana says he would "beat" Donald at any weight

Dude simply can't win with some of you. If he cuts weight, 'he's chicken', and if he does not cut weight ' he's building an excuse'. We collectively shit on weight cutting and then when a fighter does not cut weight 'he's being a coward and looking for an excuse'. The cognitive dissonance is simply astounding. Id love to see Khabib or Jones 'have an excuse built in' and go fight Usman and Ngannou. Would any of you haters really give validity to an excuse if Conor lost? Would you rag on and meme him and less harder if he got tapped at 170 than 145?
<bball1>
download.jpeg

Shut up you whiny biatch

I have a hard time believing Conor walks around at 160 for a fight scheduled at 170. Conor's own long time striking coach Owen Roddy has said in the past Conor is 177 lbs. He doesn't appear to have lost any significant size, sounds more like a built in excuse or "aren't I great, I'm fighting a guy so much bigger than me". For the record, I do think Cerrone is a bit bigger than Conor but maybe only 10 lbs if I had to guess

I doubt that very much. When a human being dehydrates above 15% of their body weight, comas and death are likely. 145 is about 85% of 170, hence he was most likely weighing in the 160s, upper 160s at the most.

I'm not an expert by any means but Costa was dehydrating a bit over 15% for his fight vs Romero. CSAC has him rehydrating a bit over 15%, they did recommend he move up in weight class I believe. There have also been other fighters who rehydrated over 15% according to CSAC fight night weigh-ins. I do know Conor's longtime striking coach Owen Roddy has in the past mentioned Conor at 177 lbs. Note that I'm not claiming Conor ever cut from 177 for a FW fight, just sharing info

So they can plaster those dumb 12 logos but fighters that put on amazing fights cant wear sponsored for more money cant.

Your theory might be right, the problem is that Conor has three losses and the last one was a bit one-sided. Are you sure it is worth for some UFC haigher up risking their neck to fix Conor's fight in 2020, when he a) lost plenty of times and was exposed on multiple occasions b) has small (not 0 but small) chance of beating current 155 or 170 champions c) has issues with alcohol and the law d) Conor may not even fight ever again regardless if he wins or loses.
Is it really worth it? Conor is big for UFC, but the question is is he really THAT big for them to do that route?
The Ufc need Conor to win to set a many other fights that Conor can headline an they can make a boatload of money....paying off Cowboy to make tens of millions more in future cards is nothing to them...check the betting lines the rumors are everywhere....Cowboy has heard them and he made a video addressing them google this....this us not a case of me wanting Conor to win.... it's me understanding what is taking place...BET THE FARM ON CONOR WIN...ITS EASY MONEY.

Dude simply can't win with some of you. If he cuts weight, 'he's chicken', and if he does not cut weight ' he's building an excuse'. We collectively shit on weight cutting and then when a fighter does not cut weight 'he's being a coward and looking for an excuse'. The cognitive dissonance is simply astounding. Id love to see Khabib or Jones 'have an excuse built in' and go fight Usman and Ngannou. Would any of you haters really give validity to an excuse if Conor lost? Would you rag on and meme him and less harder if he got tapped at 170 than 145?
<bball1>

Conor has always fought the best, but people have tried to spin that into he is picking and choosing easy fights. He came back after a long layoff where he boxed the best boxer of a generation, to fight the best LW in the world with an unbeaten record. And style wise it was a horrible match for him. If he gets through Cowboy easy, the next fight will be Justin or Tony or Khabib. He will keep testing himself, and haters will pretend that is not true..

I think you're close.

Donald has said a few different numbers.

in 2015 Donald said his walking around weight was 177-179

However in 2016 he said "I used to walk around (at) 174,"
https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/...body-felt-thin-and-brittle-at-155-teases-epic

but he then said "That was like my deep training camp, and I noticed when I'd start to cut, I'd get down to 168, 170 but I had nothing in the gas tank, man" So I think he meant he was 174 before he started his cut to LW and used a confusing choice of words in "walk around"

I think you're close.

Donald has said a few different numbers.

in 2015 Donald said his walking around weight was 177-179

However in 2016 he said "I used to walk around (at) 174,"
https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/...body-felt-thin-and-brittle-at-155-teases-epic

Yeah I figure he will shed the excess during camp with little or no weight cut needed. Just read pettis didnt cut weight for all of 19 staying at 170. Donald's frame to me looks like a 170 guy, 155 is rough for him and he loses power that he needs. He hit justin pretty solid and had little effect. Justin's tough, but donald has lit people up be4 at higher weights and less solid punches.

Let's just change it to the "Conor Fighting Championship"... seems like he calls all the shots anyway. Think I'll just do a LW fight at 170. Think if I win I'll just do a rematch with Khabib. Dana says yes massta conah, whatever you say massta conah

How is this being spun like McGregor is taking an easy fight?

This will be the second time in 3 fights that he fights an opponent that has a significant size advantage. Cowboy is easily 15 lbs. heavier than McGregor.

Do you think Cowboy would have been able to make featherweight? How about Nate Diaz?

Back