Conor looks much better physically at 170.

Conor looks good at 170 will be interesting to see if he still has the same power In his hands with the bigger guys

He always had the power in feather weight and lightweight divisions

He sees Conor as an enemy. I think you're dreaming if you think he'd ever give him a rematch.

All the talk from Abdulnap about a rematch "if he earns it", "if he wins 10fights,", if Khabib gets 100 million from the UFC" is pie in the sky bullshit they are feeding the UFC so Khabib still has leverage as an employee.

The money is pouring into to Khabib from Muslim countries whether he fights or not. Even Putin is sending funds his way.
I never said hed never give him a rematch.They just arent goinna just give it to him for nothin. This is War.

He looks well for that reason.

Any Top WW and his performance doesn't look like that.
He doesnt have to fight a top WW,he just gotta fight anyone who makes 170

Khabib has been wrestling bears since he was 5. He is ready to walk away from all of it. He thinks of fame as a curse and prefers religon, nature, charity work and helping train new fighters to represent his country with his father, even agriculture.

It's a completely different mindset than the western point of view that is addicted to fame.

remove your mouth from khabibs kebab.

Khabib has been wrestling bears since he was 5. He is ready to walk away from all of it. He thinks of fame as a curse and prefers religon, nature, charity work and helping train new fighters to represent his country with his father, even agriculture.

It's a completely different mindset than the western point of view that is addicted to fame.

Total nonsense. Khabib likes to be able to pay homeless guys to do push-ups, no way he's going to give all of that up.

Usman would have completed the shot in the opening seconds if he had Cowboy's opportunity. Conor swung heavy and threw himself off balance in the first exchange. A gifted wrestler would have put Conor on his back. Conor fought with reckless abandon. Which was smart against Cowboy because Cowboy starts slow and can't adapt to pressure if it's poured on too soon.

This fight just showed that Conor still has killer instinct which is good, but proves nothing against fighters who will shoot when in danger or go for trips and clinch based TDs in the phone booth. This means Conor will fight passive and either lose on points or get dominated on the mat.

The fight was too short to ascertain how good his cardio is. We could easily fall into the Rumble trap where we think he has great cardio because he is controlling pace. Second grappling happens or spamming power shots happen, he becomes a sitting duck.

One of the only huge, muscular guys I've seen with great cardio management is Romero, and it's not like his cardio is great, it's just that he manages his sprints and carefully decides when to burst, bide his time, etc. I would say Usman too, but Usman has a mixture of good cardio and good cardio management, but he's more lean and has less body fat than most, so he's closer to a Colby work rate than Romero's.

Usman would have completed the shot in the opening seconds if he had Cowboy's opportunity. Conor swung heavy and threw himself off balance in the first exchange. A gifted wrestler would have put Conor on his back. Conor fought with reckless abandon. Which was smart against Cowboy because Cowboy starts slow and can't adapt to pressure if it's poured on too soon.

This fight just showed that Conor still has killer instinct which is good, but proves nothing against fighters who will shoot when in danger or go for trips and clinch based TDs in the phone booth. This means Conor will fight passive and either lose on points or get dominated on the mat.

The fight was too short to ascertain how good his cardio is. We could easily fall into the Rumble trap where we think he has great cardio because he is controlling pace. Second grappling happens or spamming power shots happen, he becomes a sitting duck.

One of the only huge, muscular guys I've seen with great cardio management is Romero, and it's not like his cardio is great, it's just that he manages his sprints and carefully decides when to burst, bide his time, etc. I would say Usman too, but Usman has a mixture of good cardio and good cardio management, but he's more lean and has less body fat than most, so he's closer to a Colby work rate than Romero's.

I figure he is gonna carefully select anyone who he thinks he can beat who can make 170,someone like Nate etc. Just to claim he is a 170 lb fighter. He should avoid Usman like the plague.

he def. looked physically good ,
lets see him against real fighters at that division

Cowboy was the only fight Conan could win in WW... maybe RDA too, i dont think so. He should go back to LW and that for his own good.

[QUOTE="lizardpeople, post: 158147469, member: 573209"]He sees Conor as an enemy. I think you're dreaming if you think he'd ever give him a rematch after running through him after all that disrespect and hate. Khabib did not like the buildup to that fight and it personally offended him to the point of not wanting anything to do with the McGregor business.

All the talk from Abdulnap about a rematch "if he earns it", "if he wins 10 fights,", if Khabib gets 100 million from the UFC" is pie in the sky bullshit they are feeding the UFC so Khabib still has leverage as an employee until he retires.

The money is pouring into to Khabib from Muslim countries whether he fights or not. Even Putin is sending funds his way.[/QUOTE]

This...I think people are underestimating how much he dislikes him. He has no respect for him and wants nothing to do with him.

The ufc will push for it...and they have the power....but Khabib might have enough leverage to tell them to fuck off....he has a huge following overseas and imagine the UFC stripping their undefeated champ...it would put a big stain on the LW belt and make it illegitimate

He looked big and healthy. If he keeps showing up like that I prefer him fighting at 170

He looked great, no dehydration but still tight and healthy. His speed didn't look at all hampered either. I rather see him stick at 170 but agreed he may just be too short to take on other welterweights.

Back