Conor looking to KO Nate with a head kicks

conor-mcgregor-spinning-kick-chad-mendes.jpg

conor-times-spinning-back-kick-on-chad.gif

To another 5'4 manlet. Doesn't even phase him.

Also, almost just missed his throat. LOL.

conors wheel kicks look good in training but look awkward and slow in the octagon.
Almost everything looks better in training (esp. when cameras are rolling).

He threw spinning kicks at Nate in the first fight, none came close to landing

Yeah that's what came to mind..
It will be another thing to land on a 6+ taller opponent and with enough power
Conor's kicking game is not Thompson's or Pettis's

Exactly. Conor throws nice kicks, but they don't have much power behind them. Unless Conor changes his kicking style in 3 months to land strong kicks to Nate's front leg... I just don't see it doing much, but who knows? Maybe Nate gets tagged by something he doesn't see.

That's what I like about Nate... he knows and puts it out there... 'I could get knocked out' but... 'he might get knocked out'

Conor saying 'he's going to toy with the young boy' and dumb shit like that makes him look like a fool.

Mcgregor throws these kicks frequently, and honestly they look pathetic, he threw a few with Nate in the first fight and basically grazed his shin; this will only be more pronounced with the heavier, taller fighters. I can't recall him ever landing successfully but if he was going to it would be against a Dennis Siver or Chad Mendes, not someone tall. That being said, Mcgregor is fairly accurate and a decent counter puncher but he's not especially fast.

He tried a bunch of kicks on Nate in the first fight and he was way off mark.

Sounds like a scumbag of a training partner.

Conor's spinning Capoeira kicks cost him the first fight, they were very inaccurate and contributed to him gassing.

“I feel I was simply inefficient with my energy,”

Conor trying to take one out of Josh Thomsons book. Conor threw everything he had at Nate with his hands and it wasn't enough. He's hoping the head kicks will get it done. Makes sense.

he is vulnerable to the spinning hook kick and roundhouse in that position. Look for Conor to feint the left into a left spinning hook kick
Yeah that's exactly what Conor needs.
Crazy spinning kicks will win it.

He's been practicing setting up those high kicks for some time now:

3EAKx8vv6Gqke8ydJS.gif

Best bet probably stick with the hands:

mcgregor-body.gif

Back