Social Conor Lamb, House Moderate, on Biden’s Win, ‘the Squad’ and the Future of the Democratic Party

Yea I think that's it. Like pretty much, "yea this nuclear deflecting tank-van, yea got all in" but it's nonsensical. I 100% think it should be a state/city level push, since different locals have vastly different needs. You can't really uniform it, but we need the leaders to push the issues the right way. As silly as it is to go radical with defunding police, it's just as bad to think they should be military-lite. So if anything, we need the state/local leaders to guide us, and call them out hardcore when they don't. If not we're just at their whim.

That’s where I think there’s a disconnect here too. You have national level media about very specific local events and their best avenue in fixing it it local government but the whole country descends on the town to drop in their two cents and stir things up even worse than the situation. The fact is if an entire city wants drastic change, they can completely wipe the positions clean with new people who will do it. It takes more planning and focus but it would accomplish a whole lot more than just a few peaceful protests or violent riots expecting something to get done on a national level. Take Chauvin for example. None of that incident related to lack of funding. It had to do with lack of accountability.

Identity politics with extreme solutions isn't going to work.

There is zero common sense with this approach.

Let's let riots happen with burning and looting, and then talk about defunding the police, that is a great idea.

Meanwhile all their leftist President candidates lose during the primary, as their very center, to even center right candidate wins and becomes the President of the United States. The Democrats should realize Biden winning is a clue of what the majority of their side wants.

Back