Conor is grossly over rated

Nobody? He was definitely struggling with his cardio more. His chin seemed human going into it. His reactions/timing seemed off compared to his earlier fights. Im not saying it wasn't impressive, but to sell it like it was peak Aldo is kinda short sided imo

He's an exciting fighter, but he's overrated for sure.

His best wins came either against guys that were undersized or inexperienced - with the exception of Eddie Alvarez, maybe.
Alvarez, Poirier, Aldo, Diaz, Cowboy

Khabib won. Close, sure. But pointless here.

This is a prime example of why Conor nut huggers cannot be taken seriously. Khabib STARCHED Iaquinta in 50-43 fashion. You know you are reaching when the best you can do is a 50-43 drubbing of what, opponent #5 in less than 48 hours?

I'm not a "Conor nut hugger" but if you need to call me that to have any foundation for your argument go ahead.

I said his STAND UP specifically looked bad in the Iaquinta fight, and yes he did struggle to take Al down early in the fight, for perhaps a round or two. Maybe we should both rewatch the fight. Either way "the #5 ranked opponent" give me a break, Iaquinta fighting for a title was a joke.

How butthurt would you be if McGregor fought RDA for the WW title? It's literally the same exact circumstance, and actually is more legit imo because RDA has a more legitimate standing. I remember Iaquinta was fluffed up to #5 I'm pretty sure, he was coming off a win against Diego Fucking Sanchez lmao. Come on now.

What does that have to do with your false statement about Khabib so called rearranging his face? Khabib pounded on him for minutes at a time and didn't leave a scratch.

gettyimages-1046912588.jpg

We can debate face and confidence mentality forever but the bottom line is: Khabib OWNED Conor. :)

The 24/7 threads about Conor beating Cowboy reek of Conor nuthuggers looking for ANYTHING to keep their folk hero alive.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Conor isn't in the same league as Khabib, Tony, Justin etc. Each one of these guys smashes Conor, and Khabib already proved it. The UFC can try to protect his ass but ultimately he'll end up against the likes of a Tony and everything we saw in the Khabib fight will be doubly confirmed: Conor cannot hang with multi dimensional fighters who can neutralize his left hand. Footwork and one power hand don't translate to wins in the current environment.
Conor fans: Can you set aside his trash talk (the WWE equivalent as to why you like him) and appreciate better mixed martial artists like Khabib, Tony, Justin, Dustin etc. Talk and bravado don't equal MMA success, it just results in more satisfaction when the falsely arrogant mouth (Conor in this case) gets silenced.

if you still think conor only has a left hand now, you're an idiot....go watch some of his training footage...the guy has a great right hook....and I'd bet you right now, that conor wouild ko justin in under 2 rounds...same with tony.. lets talk about tony....tony almost lost to freaken pettis...he was knocked down a couple of times...rolling all over the place to try and recover...freaken pettis....he needed the ref, to step in and stop the fight with cerrone, cause his eye was closed. while conor demolished him in 40 seconds....conor would starch him easy....as far as gaaaeeetccccheeee goes, he lost to both aleverez and pourier, 2 guys conor destroyed in under 2 minutes.

Jose Aldo? lol?
Jose Aldo is able to make weight at 135 during an era where IV's are banned, while Conor was able to put on so much mass, that he had to cut down to make welterweight, that should tell you enough about the size difference.
If you can make the weight you can fight in the weight class.
100% man, no disputing that. It's an advantage though to be the bigger man and that was the case for Conor's best wins/best opponents (pound for pound).
Conor legitimately earned the FW title shot even if you hate him you have to admit that. He beat Mendes - a wrestler and top FW at the time - fair and square. He didn't look great against a wrestler at that time, but he won. Then he flat-lined Aldo in like 5 seconds. It is what it is, McGregor didn't defend any titles but his FW run is one of the best title runs in UFC/MMA history easily.
It is one of the best runs there, and yeah, he beat Mendes fair and square, but if i remember correctly, Mendes had like 1 week of training camp, and as mentioned: Conor was the bigger man, which is a big advantage when going up against someone who's known for his wrestling.
His stoppage of Aldo (despite the difference in size) was remarkable, i'll acknowledge that.
He dethroned a top PFP GOAT, and the clear FW GOAT, and he starched him.
Yes, he did so.
On top of that in general McGregor's resume' to this point easily shits on Justin Gathje's, Tony Ferguson's, or even Khabib's. Easily.
Nope, it doesn't.
Name-wise, yes, but not if you look at the context of these fights.
  • Aldo: great win, despite the size difference.
  • Mendes: good win, although the difference in size most likely tipped the outcome in favour of Conor.
  • Alvarez: very good win.
  • Cerrone: had 49 pro fights back then, took lots of damage, especially against T-Ferg and Gaethje. Also came off two losses.
  • Diaz: With all due respect, but Diaz has lost a third of his pro fights at that time.
  • Poirier: young and not nearly as good as he is now.
  • Holloway: very young and just like Poirier not as good as he is now.
Khabib on the other hand, is 12-0 inside the UFC, with all these wins being at lightweight, against opponents his size - all of whom he made look like they didn't belong in the cage with him, with the exception of Tibau.
Ferguson, while less dominant than Khabib, also is riding a 12 fight winning streak at lightweight, with 9 of these 12 wins coming by finish.

Meh.. chad win was obviously a win, but lets not act like he even had a camp. He wasn't even training following up to that fight. And while the Aldo win was impressive, Aldo was already starting to show some chi-nks in his armor.
That being said, I think he's a great fighter but I dont hold his as high as the nut huggers do, and dont hold him as low as his haters. The way he finished cowboy was impressive, but lets not act like cowboy doesn't tend to get blown on in "impressive" manner anytime he's in a high profile fight... (Especially against a notoriously fast starter).
Bruh, you gotta admit you may have a lil bias tho?

254087.jpg

It seems everyone making a critique of how weak Conor is has an Aldo AV, Khabib AV, Diaz AV, Conor tapping AV or some picture of some dude with a beard.

Tony a questionable Chin? LOL just doesn't quite cut it.
yep dropped by everyone he fights just about his jiujitsu skills allow him to recover which is why he doesn't get finished. An elite finisher like conor would have no issue in that regard.

The 24/7 threads about Conor beating Cowboy reek of Conor nuthuggers looking for ANYTHING to keep their folk hero alive.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Conor isn't in the same league as Khabib, Tony, Justin etc. Each one of these guys smashes Conor, and Khabib already proved it. The UFC can try to protect his ass but ultimately he'll end up against the likes of a Tony and everything we saw in the Khabib fight will be doubly confirmed: Conor cannot hang with multi dimensional fighters who can neutralize his left hand. Footwork and one power hand don't translate to wins in the current environment.
Conor fans: Can you set aside his trash talk (the WWE equivalent as to why you like him) and appreciate better mixed martial artists like Khabib, Tony, Justin, Dustin etc. Talk and bravado don't equal MMA success, it just results in more satisfaction when the falsely arrogant mouth (Conor in this case) gets silenced.

He demolished Aldo in 14 seconds.

He demolished Coyboy faster than anyone, even Justin G who just did it.

He demolished Dustin and Eddie who both fought and destroyed Justin G

He did better against Khabib then Dustin. (Took a round)

He has made more money in prize fighting then any fighter in history. (Yes that matters)

Conor is not over rated, he's exactly where he should be.

Alvarez, Poirier, Aldo, Diaz, Cowboy
As mentioned, i said with the exception of Alvarez.
Poirier was clearly not as good as he is now, plus the fight was at featherweight IIRC.
Aldo: legit and great win, even with the size difference. (Conor is roughly the same size of Colby, whereas Aldo is able to make 135 - without IV's).
Diaz: When Conor faced him, he already had lost 10 fights, so he hardly was unbeatable. (Plus he beat Conor before - in a more convincing manner than vice-versa as well.)
Cowboy: had tons of fight-mileage on him, came off two losses via TKO, with the more recent loss being very recent.

Jose Aldo is able to make weight at 135 during an era where IV's are banned, while Conor was able to put on so much mass, that he had to cut down to make welterweight, that should tell you enough about the size difference.
Can you source this? I heard he had to eat up to make 170, and both previous times at FW he ate up to even hit 168.

As far as my knowledge, the only claims of Conor being over 170 came from Roddy (and Conor in preflight interview with Chael prior to the Mendes' fight), tho there is no evidence of this than trying to get a mental advantage versus smaller fighters. The claim he was literally 174 in cage vs Aldo/Mendes is a farce, as he was much smaller than he was on the scales vs Diaz I & !! and Cerrone. In fact, Conor was billed as 16o when he was arrested in Florida, and the average FW weighs 160-170, with large ones like Holloway tipping the scales at 180+.

The reality is Conor is an average size featherweight, he only used google to cut to FW up until the Aldo fight, and working with Lockhart he made 145 no problem. Lockhart, who never has missed a cut, also said he could make 135. Conor and Aldo = +/-same size.

I'm not a "Conor nut hugger" but if you need to call me that to have any foundation for your argument go ahead.

I said his STAND UP specifically looked bad in the Iaquinta fight, and yes he did struggle to take Al down early in the fight, for perhaps a round or two. Maybe we should both rewatch the fight. Either way "the #5 ranked opponent" give me a break, Iaquinta fighting for a title was a joke.

How butthurt would you be if McGregor fought RDA for the WW title? It's literally the same exact circumstance, and actually is more legit imo because RDA has a more legitimate standing. I remember Iaquinta was fluffed up to #5 I'm pretty sure, he was coming off a win against Diego Fucking Sanchez lmao. Come on now.
LOL whatever it takes yourself to feel better man. Khabib PWNED him on the feet. Broke his nose and had him second guessing everything. The Iaquinta fight was a showcase in Khabibs dominance.

He demolished Aldo in 14 seconds.

He demolished Coyboy faster than anyone, even Justin G who just did it.

He demolished Dustin and Eddie who both fought and destroyed Justin G

He did better against Khabib then Dustin. (Took a round)

He has made more money in prize fighting then any fighter in history. (Yes that matters)

Conor is not over rated, he's exactly where he should be.

Agree with 100% of this. Conor did all of those things.

But he's not as good as Khabib, Justin and Tony. All the marketability in the world doesn't change that he cannot beat even one of these guys.

Lmao he’s underrated and he really only lost to Khabib. He fought injured and was on a long layoff. Still managed to defend majority of his td attempts and win a round.

i don't mind Conor, but i don't like how people just eat up all these false narratives about him those people are insufferable.

Justin is overrated. He’s tailor made for Conor, he’s just a sloppy brawler. Conor would pick him apart like he did Alvarez who actually knocked Justin out

Conor is a great fighter, and people keep denying this because they dislike him as a person.

Back