Conor is grossly over rated

Styles make fights pal.

Anyone can admit that a fighter like Conor will always have a problem with fighters who dive for ankles.

Hey! We're pals now! :p

I agree styles make fights, the problem is that fighters like Tony and Justin have superior styles which imo is why both wreck Conor.

Aldo was showing cracks in his armor...

Nobody

No bo dy

Was saying that before the fight. Such an embarrassing, triggered mind spin of the fight after the fact.
Agreed. I frickin love Aldo, but 13 seconds or not, that was, IMO, his most impressive win, right behind Alverez.

Hey! We're pals now! :p

I agree styles make fights, the problem is that fighters like Tony and Justin have superior styles which imo is why both wreck Conor.
Absolutely we are.

Tony for sure. Justin hell no

He's an exciting fighter, but he's overrated for sure.

His best wins came either against guys that were undersized or inexperienced - with the exception of Eddie Alvarez, maybe.

Jose Aldo? lol?

If you can make the weight you can fight in the weight class. Conor legitimately earned the FW title shot even if you hate him you have to admit that. He beat Mendes - a wrestler and top FW at the time - fair and square. He didn't look great against a wrestler at that time, but he won. Then he flat-lined Aldo in like 5 seconds. It is what it is, McGregor didn't defend any titles but his FW run is one of the best title runs in UFC/MMA history easily. He dethroned a top PFP GOAT, and the clear FW GOAT, and he starched him.

On top of that in general McGregor's resume' to this point easily shits on Justin Gathje's, Tony Ferguson's, or even Khabib's. Easily.

Who is Khabib's best win besides McGregor? It's Dos Anjos prior to his run for the title, and aside from that...Edson Barboza? Al Iaquinta? Michael Johnson? I mean I'm not the one criticizing Khabib here in a topic, and he's undefeated so there's that...but his resume' is definitely worse than Conor's. So logically why is Conor overrated? a two division champion ultimately. Who is overrating him? Maybe casual retards who barely know anything but the surface level of MMA, that's about it.

Conor is not overrated per say, he's accomplished a lot and has challenged many high level competition

However a lot of his fan base way over exaggerate his accomplishments as if he's better than GSP/Jon Jones

I'll account bet you if this fight ever comes to pass.

I do love that shit. Not quite as much as I enjoyed Khabib rearranging his face, but to his credit he did at least try, no matter how clearly outmatched.
Rearranging his face? He beat him pretty easily, but he did little to no damage and damn sure didn't rearrange his face. Did you see his face days after the fight? Looked like he hadn't even sparred.
Screen-Shot-2018-10-14-at-4.59.53-PM.png

The 24/7 threads about Conor beating Cowboy reek of Conor nuthuggers looking for ANYTHING to keep their folk hero alive.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Conor isn't in the same league as Khabib, Tony, Justin etc. Each one of these guys smashes Conor, and Khabib already proved it. The UFC can try to protect his ass but ultimately he'll end up against the likes of a Tony and everything we saw in the Khabib fight will be doubly confirmed: Conor cannot hang with multi dimensional fighters who can neutralize his left hand. Footwork and one power hand don't translate to wins in the current environment.
Conor fans: Can you set aside his trash talk (the WWE equivalent as to why you like him) and appreciate better mixed martial artists like Khabib, Tony, Justin, Dustin etc. Talk and bravado don't equal MMA success, it just results in more satisfaction when the falsely arrogant mouth (Conor in this case) gets silenced.

Dude maybe for tony and khabib but he already knocked out dustin.. and justin? Turned out he lost to alvarez and dustin, two guys that conor koed... You are grossly underating Conor so you're just as dumb

Khabib is better than him, but how does that imply that Conor loses to Tony and Justin ?

Conor would be a favorite against both of them imo

Also Conor has thoroughly dismantled Poirier, not sure why you said that he is a better fighter

Dustin, imo, is a better fighter now. I'd love to see a rematch.

Absolutely we are.

Tony for sure. Justin hell no

Hehe good. I've said 1000 times over that I like Conor the fighter, It's his irrational fans that make it difficult.
You're clearly before the "irrational" point took hold. You really think Conor downs Dustin? with all things considered, why?

Agreed. I frickin love Aldo, but 13 seconds or not, that was, IMO, his most impressive win, right behind Alverez.

I think it may be one of the greatest wins period in mma history. And I say that because of how good Jose was.

I'll account bet you if this fight ever comes to pass.

I do love that shit. Not quite as much as I enjoyed Khabib rearranging his face, but to his credit he did at least try, no matter how clearly outmatched.

Okay here's another thing, let's be objective here and not revisionist:

Khabib arguably lost the Tibau fight, I thought he lost at the time...but it's been years so who knows, either way close fight against someone who was never elite in the division at all.

Khabib looked pretty mortal and "bad" against Iaquinta. His stand-up looked pretty bad. And Khabib got cracked my Michael Johnson and could have been stopped easily, looked bad standing in that fight. Ultimately he won all 3 fights, two decisively, one questionable.

v.s. Conor on the other hand who has arguably been sheltered against wrestlers, looked bad against Mendes...was losing the fight, but legitimately did win decisively and starched him (camp shit noted). Lost to Diaz, but that's really a 1.5x weight class move up in reality, or whatever...avenged it too. And lost to Khabib, looked bad generally, but I believe Conor could crack Khabib and win against him say 3/10 times they fought for example - not saying that number is accurate just throwing it out.

One thing here you aren't considering is that McGregor moved UP a division already from FW to LW. Then he had 3 fights with two tweener LW/WW guys, but we can't really call that moving up to WW objectively. Regardless, point is Khabib hasn't moved up has he? Can we hold that against him? How many title defenses does Khabib have?

Khabib has two title defenses but that's kind of bullshit considering he won the title against Iaquinta, which is a joke. And he has never moved up to fight a 170 title holder, elite opponent, or super fight like GSP. Why are we so critical of McGregor but not of Khabib?

Rearranging his face? He beat him pretty easily, but he did little to no damage and damn sure didn't rearrange his face. Did you see his face days after the fight? Looked like he hadn't even sparred.
Screen-Shot-2018-10-14-at-4.59.53-PM.png

Dude maybe for tony and khabib but he already knocked out dustin.. and justin? Turned out he lost to alvarez and dustin, two guys that conor koed... You are grossly underating Conor so you're just as dumb

Cool. So with everything in mind does Conor stand a chance in a Khabib rematch? Here's a hint: no he doesn't and hopefully can collect his paycheck without permanent damage.

I think it may be one of the greatest wins period in mma history. And I say that because of how good Jose was.
Yeah, and I hate it because of how much I can't stand Conor, but gotta give the devil his due.

The 24/7 threads about Conor beating Cowboy reek of Conor nuthuggers looking for ANYTHING to keep their folk hero alive.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Conor isn't in the same league as Khabib, Tony, Justin etc. Each one of these guys smashes Conor, and Khabib already proved it. The UFC can try to protect his ass but ultimately he'll end up against the likes of a Tony and everything we saw in the Khabib fight will be doubly confirmed: Conor cannot hang with multi dimensional fighters who can neutralize his left hand. Footwork and one power hand don't translate to wins in the current environment.
Conor fans: Can you set aside his trash talk (the WWE equivalent as to why you like him) and appreciate better mixed martial artists like Khabib, Tony, Justin, Dustin etc. Talk and bravado don't equal MMA success, it just results in more satisfaction when the falsely arrogant mouth (Conor in this case) gets silenced.

You're still just mad that Conor slapped the lips off you at the bar. You can't fool us Sherbros old man.

Cool. So with everything in mind does Conor stand a chance in a Khabib rematch? Here's a hint: no he doesn't and hopefully can collect his paycheck without permanent damage.
What does that have to do with your false statement about Khabib so called rearranging his face? Khabib pounded on him for minutes at a time and didn't leave a scratch.

conor runs straight through justin and tony similarly to how he did cowboy

Khabib arguably lost the Tibau fight, I thought he lost at the time...but it's been years so who knows, either way close fight against someone who was never elite in the division at all.

Khabib won. Close, sure. But pointless here.

Khabib looked pretty mortal and "bad" against Iaquinta. His stand-up looked pretty bad. And Khabib got cracked my Michael Johnson and could have been stopped easily, looked bad standing in that fight. Ultimately he won all 3 fights, two decisively, one questionable.

This is a prime example of why Conor nut huggers cannot be taken seriously. Khabib STARCHED Iaquinta in 50-43 fashion. You know you are reaching when the best you can do is a 50-43 drubbing of what, opponent #5 in less than 48 hours?

Yes he does because he is one of the best MMA strikers in the game and has power in his hands and can also kick. Khabib has shown horrible stand-up at times, perhaps he improved it significantly prior to the McGregor fight as he did look good, but we simply haven't even seen him fight since.

It was always an explosive counter stirker vs a dominant grappler match-up. The grappler/wrestler won the first time. I think Conor's strategy was pretty bad in the first fight honestly, but what do I know. There's obviously a chance he beats Khabib considering he's dismantled guys within 13-40 seconds. Khabib has struggled to take down guys in the past too: Tibau, Johnson, Iaquinta for example.

Hehe right. Dustin has improved a bit since then and is EASILY better than Alvarez. Dustin would SMASH Conor these days no matter how much your lil Irish scumbag fascination wants to think otherwise.

Back