Conor is grossly over rated

Agree with 100% of this. Conor did all of those things.

But he's not as good as Khabib, Justin and Tony. All the marketability in the world doesn't change that he cannot beat even one of these guys.

Without them fighting we have to go on record, and Conor smoked Eddie and Dustin, who both Smoked Justin, so yeah he is just as good as Justin and has done just as much against the current LW crop.

Khabib is better than him, but how does that imply that Conor loses to Tony and Justin ?

Conor would be a favorite against both of them imo

Also Conor has thoroughly dismantled Poirier, not sure why you said that he is a better fighter

How is he a fav against Tony? How? He has one way of beating him and I have yet to see anyone beat Tony via KO/TKO. Tony has way too many tools for him.

i will say this tho. Conor can beat Khabib. i was all for Khabib in the 1st fight, but the way he was in the 1st rd was suspect as hell. the way he dove from a mile away to get that leg and getting kneed in the process? it wasn't a good look. it reminded me of Cain vs JDS.

Conor is smarter than JDS and if they ever rematch and Khabib comes in all lame like he did in the 1st rd of the 1st fight, and Khabib has that same insecurity and hesitation again and Conor recognizes it he could definitely capitalize on it. Conor thrives on shit like that. when the other guy shows a weakness it strengthens him.

The reality is Conor is an average size featherweight
Oh man, do you really believe that?
Firstly, out of camp weigh doesn't necessarily matter. What matters, is how much water the fighters cut and how big their frame is.
As for the claims that Conor didn't cut weight for 170: that's almost certainly not true, it probably is the case that Conor (and his camp) said that in order to make a win against Cerrone seem more impressive.
conrad_the_giant_.png
An average sized featherweight is not able to make welterweight and look like this, neither does an average featherweight need to cut down to 170.
ka.jpg

This is Conor besides Khabib, who some people say is ducking welterweight, although that's not true.
AZ5RDPIYSNGAFHRRJDRLGBNQZI.jpg

Conor and Cowboy at the weigh ins. Note, that while Cowboy is taller, Conor has a thicker chest and significantly bigger arms.

No offense man, but i think it's very, very clear that Conor is a big lightweight.

The haters are far more pathetic

Just enjoys the fights. Even at the beginning of the 4th vs Khabib after getting grapplefucked....he still marched straight forward after Khabib. C'mon, you gotta love that shit

Balls to the wall fighting style. It's what made Chuck Liddell so famous
Lol we saw his balls after khabib demolish him, this new Conrad fans are pathetic

@Ironnik94 Appreciate the long response, I still have to disagree with a few points.

1. Sure I can concede McGregor is bigger than Aldo I suppose, but it is a pure fact that for years Aldo was considered a big FW who had bad cuts to get to 145. It was long anticipated that he would move up to 155. It was very surprising to see him make 135.

2. You mention P4P, well that doesn't exactly apply within the same division. But when you say P4P...well that's a bit of a weak statement considering McGregor was a title holder at 145 and moved UP to 155 and won the title there and has fought there essentially...ever since.

3. You're just wrong about the wins and resume' stuff, sorry. I don't feel like writing an essay on it because I've been writing long posts thus far, but just briefly: You are hyper-analyzing every McGregor fight and nitpicking them, but you aren't providing the opposite reaction to the others.

Khabib arguably lost to Tibau, I challenge anyone to go watch that fight. I scored it for Tibau at the time, before Khabib had any hype at all I genuinely thought Tibau won. Either way it was very close. Khabib was cracked by Johnson, and Khabib struggled early / standing at times against Iaquinta who is a journeyman level gatekeeper...not an elite LW. You mention P4P...yeah Khabib is bigger than everyone he's fought besides Tibau, and he hasn't moved up a weight class so that holds no water.

Tony and Justin's resume' s are clearly inferior. Khabib's might be better only because he is undefeated, but his biggest win also is ironically over the guy we are debating about - McGregor.

He's an exciting fighter, but he's overrated for sure.

His best wins came either against guys that were undersized or inexperienced - with the exception of Eddie Alvarez, maybe.
Alvarez and Aldo were neither undersized or inexperienced. He was simply able to mind fuck both of them before they fought.

LOL whatever it takes yourself to feel better man. Khabib PWNED him on the feet. Broke his nose and had him second guessing everything. The Iaquinta fight was a showcase in Khabibs dominance.

I don't have to say it to make me feel better, but apparently you need to live vicariously through Khabib to feel good about yourself or somehow discredit McGregor. You're delusional.

How is he a fav against Tony? How? He has one way of beating him and I have yet to see anyone beat Tony via KO/TKO. Tony has way too many tools for him.
Tony gets dropped every other fight, his defense is very suspect. He's also not getting any younger. Conor is very capable of KOing him, it is true that we have yet to see Tony losing via KO/TKO, but that was also true for Aldo, Dustin Poirier and even Chad Mendes(had only been finished by a brutal Aldo knee) ...

The McGregor FW size needs to stop too. He was a big FW. Case closed.

But Aldo was also considered a big FW for years too, and people thought he would move up to and perform well at LW.

Overrated by his fans and underrated by his haters. He’s a top fighter that beats most of the roster but has notable weaknesses that fighters with certain skill sets will be able to consistently take advantage of. He’s not the best, but he beats 95% of the roster without much issue.

The problem with rating Conor is that 145 and 155+ are two different worlds. Conor was indisputably top tier at FW, refusing to defend and avoiding full camp wrestlers notwithstanding. His record above FW is very mixed and rather unremarkable. Maybe Conoroid 2.0 can reinvent himself at LW and do well but it's yet to be seen as the Cowboy 'fight' tells us absolutely nothing.

The 24/7 threads about Conor beating Cowboy reek of Conor nuthuggers looking for ANYTHING to keep their folk hero alive.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Conor isn't in the same league as Khabib, Tony, Justin etc. Each one of these guys smashes Conor, and Khabib already proved it. The UFC can try to protect his ass but ultimately he'll end up against the likes of a Tony and everything we saw in the Khabib fight will be doubly confirmed: Conor cannot hang with multi dimensional fighters who can neutralize his left hand. Footwork and one power hand don't translate to wins in the current environment.
Conor fans: Can you set aside his trash talk (the WWE equivalent as to why you like him) and appreciate better mixed martial artists like Khabib, Tony, Justin, Dustin etc. Talk and bravado don't equal MMA success, it just results in more satisfaction when the falsely arrogant mouth (Conor in this case) gets silenced.
I would be surprised if Mcgregor beats Hooker, let alone Khaibib and Tony.

As soon as one of these fan favs beat a guy via stoppage or simply come off a win, no matter who it was against, they are heralded as the best thing going on today. Once the high wears off and logic begins to seap back into your brains, then and only then should you post.

gettyimages-1046912588.jpg

We can debate face and confidence mentality forever but the bottom line is: Khabib OWNED Conor. :)
He beat him in a fight. We can agree on that. Conor was still talking shit after the fight. That doesn't happen when you own someone. When you take someone's confidence they don't mention your name anymore. Kinda like how Khabib hasn't responded to Colby calling him a sheep fucker.

Sherdog 5 years ago:

-Conor will never beat a top 10 opponent!
-Conor will never beat a wrestler
-Conor will never beat a top 5 opponent
-Conor will never beat Aldo
-Conor will never compete at lightweight!

My biggest knock against McGregor is the fact he never defended his title and frankly I feel like he's an inactive fighter who now only fights for paychecks,

A big reason for his popularity is that he consistently takes on the biggest challenge.

He has taken on multiple opponent changes, fights outside of his weight class, and with the exception of Dennis Siver and the tune-up fight with Cowboy, consistently fights the toughest competition. When he beat Aldo at featherweight, there were no more contenders. It was much more impressive to move up to lightweight than fight who, a near-retired Frankie Edgar?

The 24/7 threads about Conor beating Cowboy reek of Conor nuthuggers looking for ANYTHING to keep their folk hero alive.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Conor isn't in the same league as Khabib, Tony, Justin etc. Each one of these guys smashes Conor, and Khabib already proved it. The UFC can try to protect his ass but ultimately he'll end up against the likes of a Tony and everything we saw in the Khabib fight will be doubly confirmed: Conor cannot hang with multi dimensional fighters who can neutralize his left hand. Footwork and one power hand don't translate to wins in the current environment.
Conor fans: Can you set aside his trash talk (the WWE equivalent as to why you like him) and appreciate better mixed martial artists like Khabib, Tony, Justin, Dustin etc. Talk and bravado don't equal MMA success, it just results in more satisfaction when the falsely arrogant mouth (Conor in this case) gets silenced.
Conor is the UFC 's equivalent of drake. Exposed, overrated and clearly not the best but blind fans won't ever acknowledge this.

i will say this tho. Conor can beat Khabib. i was all for Khabib in the 1st fight, but the way he was in the 1st rd was suspect as hell. the way he dove from a mile away to get that leg and getting kneed in the process? it wasn't a good look. it reminded me of Cain vs JDS.

Conor is smarter than JDS and if they ever rematch and Khabib comes in all lame like he did in the 1st rd of the 1st fight, and Khabib has that same insecurity and hesitation again and Conor recognizes it he could definitely capitalize on it. Conor thrives on shit like that. when the other guy shows a weakness it strengthens him.
Hmm we must have been watching a different fight , the one I saw was Khabib shooting decisively and after a bit of resistance from Conor pulled him on his back...there was no knee that was Conors leg twisting from Khabibs shoot.
Unfortunately Conor flapped his gums a little too much so instead of creating doubt in his opponents mind he created a monster with a fire in his belly.,,,If you want to see insecurity , look at conors facial expression just before the fight...
You need to open both eyes next time and review the fight before you flap your gums about what is absolute rubbish

Back