Conor is a genius

At this point i'm pretty neutral on Conor. But he's extremely good at promoting himself, getting himself into huge big money fights (Mayweather included) and along with all that, spacing his fights apart so he has time to enjoy his life.

I'm a Conor hater, but that guy is full of shit. If what he said is true, then literally everyone the UFC ever promoted would be a huge star like Conor. Fucking retarded.

Spot on. If mcGibblets wasn't the charming young man he was this wouldn't have gone global and floyd wouldn't have come taking a sniff. Instead of looking for meatheads as talent, they should be hiring actors who train that can really put on a show.

no, that's not what i said at all. in fact, i literally said multiple times that they can't do that with just anybody/not everyone is worth investing in

that's just how your nuthugging induced rage interpreted it.

OP titled thread "conor is a genius," i am saying he is the show but not the "genius" behind it. the genius is in the promoton, which is done and paid for by the UFC. same goes for Brock and WWE.

don't be so sensitive.
So then that is what you are saying. BTW you reply to everyone in an insulting tone that dares gainsay you so who really is sensitive here?

You mean his agents, the UFC's promoting crew, and WME (the guys that pay to increase his exposure) are genius*

Conor is the show, but he's also the product of a lot of investment. He doesn't do the advertising, he doesn't get himself on network television, he doesn't pay for any of the promotion. All you dummies thinking he does it all on his own have a lot to learn. He is the result of investment. Not anyone can become a star, he's clearly got that - but the UFC built him.

you're also fucking high if you don't think the UFC planned that bus incident.
All the promo crew are garbage. Theres only 1 conor. Haters cant even give him credit for promotional ability. Ufc promtes itself over fighters. Thats their moto. Conors tweets> entire behind and on the screen crew. Hes like a trump he does things to capture ppla attention.

Look at that promo. He literally created it out of scratch and gave them a narrative on a silver platter. Now it's not just his comeback fight, but a fight to settle bad blood against his biggest challenge yet in the cage to solidify himself as the best across two divisions.

You can love him or hate him, but the long game that this guy has in terms of promoting himself is unmatched.
I do think its pretty crazy that they used actual footage of the bus attack in the promo...ballsy

i didn't say it was possible with every fighter. i'm saying Conor did not do it all on his own. do you think Conor knows how to make promotional videos? that he knows how to do advertising?
Ya i think he does. Conor pointed out ufcs sub par poster. And infact ufc takes down fan made promos and highlights that are far better than what they put out. Also conor started out from nothing and created his whole brand himself. Ufc jumped on the bandwagon and tries to hitch their cart to it.

At this point i'm pretty neutral on Conor. But he's extremely good at promoting himself, getting himself into huge big money fights (Mayweather included) and along with all that, spacing his fights apart so he has time to enjoy his life.
I was a major fan, but hes been out of the loop so long, that Ive gravitated back to almost neutral too. This fight definitely put him back on the radar for me

You mean his agents, the UFC's promoting crew, and WME (the guys that pay to increase his exposure) are genius*

Conor is the show, but he's also the product of a lot of investment. He doesn't do the advertising, he doesn't get himself on network television, he doesn't pay for any of the promotion. All you dummies thinking he does it all on his own have a lot to learn. He is the result of investment. Not anyone can become a star, he's clearly got that - but the UFC built him.

you're also fucking high if you don't think the UFC planned that bus incident.
Bold, and blatantly ignorant.

Conor has had the same gimmick and media following him pre ufc. He’s always been a marketing wizard. You think the ufc told him to commit a crime and he said “yes, boss”? Get real, buddy. He has tactfully planned his whole career. Watch what happens when Woodley beats till and Conor beats khabib. All of the backstage footage of their shit talk and twitter will start popping up.

The ufc couldn’t get it right with Ronda. She lost a chunk of fan base from her feud with Tate on tuf. If they were masterminds they would have flipped that, but she was so intolerable they couldn’t. Move along, guy.

Look at that promo. He literally created it out of scratch and gave them a narrative on a silver platter. Now it's not just his comeback fight, but a fight to settle bad blood against his biggest challenge yet in the cage to solidify himself as the best across two divisions.

You can love him or hate him, but the long game that this guy has in terms of promoting himself is unmatched.

giphy.webp
Solidify... Across two divisions..? I'll give you maybe @FW because he beat Aldo 13seconds but never went back to shut up haters or keep his promise to Aldo to run it back (and make phat cash) but he hop-scotched around guys to get there.

And 1credit for beating a one & done Champ in Eddie Alvarez... -0 points on being stripped for never defending wiped out that 1credit...

All the promo crew are garbage. Theres only 1 conor. Haters cant even give him credit for promotional ability. Ufc promtes itself over fighters. Thats their moto. Conors tweets> entire behind and on the screen crew. Hes like a trump he does things to capture ppla attention.
I'm a Conor hater and even I know he promoted himself to stardom all on his own. Anyone who says otherwise is an extreme hater, they're knowingly saying bullshit just because.

I want to cheer for Conor in this fight, but his fans are such cans, I just can’t.

It’s like Cheering for the Raiders. I used to love them , and then you find out their fans are a bunch of cunts and you don’t want to be associated with them.

It’s like being a Republican, until you realize that the leader of the party is TRULY representative of the party values and you are forced to re-evaluate.

I'm a Conor hater and even I know he promoted himself to stardom all on his own. Anyone who says otherwise is an extreme hater, they're knowingly saying bullshit just because.
Bold, and blatantly ignorant.

Conor has had the same gimmick and media following him pre ufc. He’s always been a marketing wizard. You think the ufc told him to commit a crime and he said “yes, boss”? Get real, buddy. He has tactfully planned his whole career. Watch what happens when Woodley beats till and Conor beats khabib. All of the backstage footage of their shit talk and twitter will start popping up.

The ufc couldn’t get it right with Ronda. She lost a chunk of fan base from her feud with Tate on tuf. If they were masterminds they would have flipped that, but she was so intolerable they couldn’t. Move along, guy.

where does Conor end up without the UFC signing him and promoting him? still get the Mayweather payday (the UFC negotiated that fight for him, remember)? even more, if the UFC never signs Conor.. who is in a better position? Conor, or the UFC?

i'll wait.

Last edited:
How becoming a cripple can be considered a genius move?

..what?

i didn't say it was possible with every fighter. i'm saying Conor did not do it all on his own. do you think Conor knows how to make promotional videos? that he knows how to do advertising?

his brand has had huge investments from the UFC. him becoming a star is the payoff for the UFC. that is how they get their return on their investment.

of course it does. they see him as worth the investment, so they pump money into him and the promotion of him. they don't do the same for other fighters because they aren't worth it.

sorry you are confused. keep baiting for them likes tho

you're an idiot.

Exactly, him and Ronda got a huge push plus both had the brash, loud mouth, self absorbed attention whore personalities that seem to be all the rage now a days (though I think Conor's is mostly an act where as Ronda is genuinely unlikable and has an entitled and shitty personality).

How many guys fighting on the undercard have the UFC given the blackout main event style walkout like they did for Conor in Boston for the Hollaway fight? Pretty sure the answer is none.

The UFC threw everything they could behind him, the walkout, the world tours, letting him fight for multiple belts when other had been told they would have to vacate there current belt to do the same as well as always stacking his PPV's and letting him go and take the Mayweather fight.

Credit to him for capitalizing on and making the most of the opportunity but the UFC gave him every platform possible and bent over backwards to help make it happen and in the end it worked out well for both parties.

Back