Conor is a genius

you're also fucking high if you don't think the UFC planned that bus incident.
High level wokeness right there
images

No link, no vid? And nobody has pointed this out so far? Shit thread.

I was with you on everything but this and I ain’t even high.

You mean his agents, the UFC's promoting crew, and WME (the guys that pay to increase his exposure) are genius*

Conor is the show, but he's also the product of a lot of investment. He doesn't do the advertising, he doesn't get himself on network television, he doesn't pay for any of the promotion. All you dummies thinking he does it all on his own have a lot to learn. He is the result of investment. Not anyone can become a star, he's clearly got that - but the UFC built him.

^^^100% this right here
This guy gets it. Conor didn't make himself a superstar, the UFC promotional monster did.
Thank god someone else sees through the bullshit.
<{monica}>

You mean his agents, the UFC's promoting crew, and WME (the guys that pay to increase his exposure) are genius*

Conor is the show, but he's also the product of a lot of investment. He doesn't do the advertising, he doesn't get himself on network television, he doesn't pay for any of the promotion. All you dummies thinking he does it all on his own have a lot to learn. He is the result of investment. Not anyone can become a star, he's clearly got that - but the UFC built him.

there is no such thing as UFC promoting crew.

I agree, when I saw that promo I told my brother - maaan, he created something out of nothing.
Intentional or not - this is drawing attention, bringing money and stuff.

Look at Nate not willing to fight on a different card than Conor. Coincidence? :)

And yes, I agree that it wasn't just "him", it's the enitre machine backing him up. Editting crew, music, even Khabib have participated in this creation. But you can't deny that without Conor, non of that would be happenning.

This is one of the dumbest post here on Sherdog

I'm a Conor hater, but that guy is full of shit. If what he said is true, then literally everyone the UFC ever promoted would be a huge star like Conor. Fucking retarded.

so dense lmao

of course not everyone can be a huge star. why do you think acknowledging that a company investing in one fighter successfully means that they could do it for anyone? Even after saying multiple times not everyone is worth the investment, thatbarely anyone GETS the investment, and that Conor is obviously a better investment than a yone. But jesus fuck you cant think it doesnt happen, and to put it all on Conor's "genius" is a misunderstanding of business. He is still the product of INVESTMENT

Its "retarded" to think Conor gets anywhere near where he is via MMA without the UFC. He doesn't get the Floyd fight. He doesn't get the commercials of him as champion. Nothing. Whereas without Conor, the UFC goes on lmao. But instead, they INVESTED in him. And now he is who he is because of it.

It's a two way street. The UFC provides the platform and opens doors, but only some guys have the talent, work ethic, and charisma to make the most of the opportunities. If it was just about pouring money into promoting a guy then they would have an army of Conor McGregors and be a trillion dollar company instead of a multi-billion dollar company.

People also don't seem to realize how much Conor invests in himself, both in terms of hard work, and money. He has had his own media team following him from the beginning. He even made his own documentary about his journey and sold it to Fox. And he puts in lots of time and effort to create soundbites and to be a good interview to make the medias job easier.

And I don't believe that the UFC planned the bus incident. How does it make sense to put fighters about to fight on a card at physical risk and their biggest star at legal risk? They are not that stupid and irresponsible. No, this was Conor going too far and getting lucky that it wasn't worse than it ended. up.

It's a two way street. The UFC provides the platform and opens doors, but only some guys have the talent, work ethic, and charisma to make the most of the opportunities. If it was just about pouring money into promoting a guy then they would have an army of Conor McGregors and be a trillion dollar company instead of a multi-billion dollar company.

People also don't seem to realize how much Conor invests in himself, both in terms of hard work, and money. He has had his own media team following him from the beginning. He even made his own documentary about his journey and sold it to Fox. And he puts in lots of time and effort to create soundbites and to be a good interview to make the medias job easier.

And I don't believe that the UFC planned the bus incident. How does it make sense to put fighters about to fight on a card at physical risk and their biggest star at legal risk? They are not that stupid and irresponsible. No, this was Conor going too far and getting lucky that it wasn't worse than it ended. up.

I know it's a two way street. I acknowledged that immediately by saying that Conor is no doubt the show and has the star power. But without the UFC, Conor is nothing. Without Conor, the UFC is still the UFC. I never said or implied it could be just anybody, I implied that crediting it all on "Conor's genius" is inaccurate because without the UFC's investment, Conor doesn't get the exposure to shine. His stardom is the product of investment. Stars need investments to become stars.

You are probably into conspiracy theories eh

No, the UFC DID NOT plan that bus incident. Stop being an idiot.

Back