Conor is a genius

RJ43

The Baddy
@Gold
Reaction score
Look at that promo. He literally created it out of scratch and gave them a narrative on a silver platter. Now it's not just his comeback fight, but a fight to settle bad blood against his biggest challenge yet in the cage to solidify himself as the best across two divisions.

You can love him or hate him, but the long game that this guy has in terms of promoting himself is unmatched.

You mean his agents, the UFC's promoting crew, and WME (the guys that pay to increase his exposure) are genius*

Conor is the show, but he's also the product of a lot of investment. He doesn't do the advertising, he doesn't get himself on network television, he doesn't pay for any of the promotion. All you dummies thinking he does it all on his own have a lot to learn. He is the result of investment. Not anyone can become a star, he's clearly got that - but the UFC built him.

you're also fucking high if you don't think the UFC planned that bus incident.

Last edited:
You mean his agents, the UFC's promoting crew, and WME (the guys that pay to increase his exposure) are genius*

Conor is the show, but he's also the product of a lot of investment.

Yes I'm sure the WME guys cooked this all up in their head an only use it on their most expensive fighter. Don't you think if ANYONE else had the ability to promote they would be doing it with other guys on the roster? It's no coincidence that McGregor is quite literally the only star they have that extends beyond MMA faithful.

They suck for everyone else, but it's impossible to deny they did it all for Conor.

that makes sense....

image.gif

The Dolly is the real genius, it puched a hole through the window with its monsterous power

it wasn't intentional. he was just mad that his little buddy got sonned

Why are you laughing? The UFC has outstanding promo work. They're the reason why Cain Velasquez has captured the hearts of the Latin America MMA market, Nate Diaz is extremely excited for his upcoming fight with Dustin, Reebok gear is flying off the shelves, ppv numbers are through the roof and Fox cards are drawing record numbers.

<36>

Connor getting smashed. Mark my word

As far as selling a fight conor is the best atm. This is the biggest fight the ufc has ever had, and even with a conor loss the ufc wins with the rematch. I think of conor like ali...he knows how to self promote well. We have bad blood, the return against the undefeated champ. Can ask for much more.

Conor could have made just as much money promoting this fight if he'd shown up and made a scene and not attacked the bus with a dolly + he wouldn't have had to pay lawyers for all that court shit or pay out the lawsuits he's going to have to

So genius is pushing it a bit lol. If he'd stormed the presser and talked a bunch of shit or something that would have made equally good promotional material and cost him 0 dollars

Yes I'm sure the WME guys cooked this all up in their head an only use it on their most expensive fighter. Don't you think if ANYONE else had the ability to promote they would be doing it with other guys on the roster? It's no coincidence that McGregor is quite literally the only star they have that extends beyond MMA faithful.

..what?

i didn't say it was possible with every fighter. i'm saying Conor did not do it all on his own. do you think Conor knows how to make promotional videos? that he knows how to do advertising?

his brand has had huge investments from the UFC. him becoming a star is the payoff for the UFC. that is how they get their return on their investment.

that makes sense....

of course it does. they see him as worth the investment, so they pump money into him and the promotion of him. they don't do the same for other fighters because they aren't worth it.

sorry you are confused. keep baiting for them likes tho

Why are you laughing? The UFC has outstanding promo work. They're the reason why Cain Velasquez has captured the hearts of the Latin America MMA market, Nate Diaz is extremely excited for his upcoming fight with Dustin, Reebok gear is flying off the shelves, ppv numbers are through the roof and Fox cards are drawing record numbers.

<36>

you're an idiot.

Back