Conor: "I kill him if they give me the opportunity, I swear to God"

Haha, he's a 'gladiator'? Simulating each other's deaths? What? I know the word gladiator gets bandied about but it's hyperbole (hype: not accurate!). Sounds like you're buying it. This is a sport. You are right, I do have trouble accepting perspectives that seem like they are not based in the reality that I perceive. I think that's adult. Exaggerating the true role of fighters in the cage into Deathmatches is what I would consider childish. Whatevs, though, bro. Whatever gets you off.

I disagree with what you say about it being hyperbole. You do know that not all gladiator fights were to the death, some gladiator matches even involved wooden swords. Combat sports are EXACTLY like gladiator combat lol.

He's just talking about not limiting himself, truly unleashing his potential.

You can't do that while performing martial arts if you're thinking about the opponents safety.

That quote is essentially saying "I push that sort of humane thought to the referee, let him be responsible for not just his own actions in there but mine aswell"

There is no technique that Conor would hesitate to use if it's within the rules, and there's no limitation to what he's willing to go through to get where he aims.

My kind of fighter, a true inspiration, a superhuman feat.

Haha, if only he was as articulate as you! This is a mindset I can get behind - hell, I've had to go there myself in training and competition. I just wish he'd said it more like you did.

I hope all of you clowns making jokes at Conor's expense will realize that he truly is MMA's savior. What Jones and Dana tarnish with their unprofessionalism and low moral characters, Conor will elevate to greatness.

oh my hell!!!!!!!!!!! Please be the fighter that you say you are Conor...damn we need this type of stuff. Boxers said this type of stuff on a daily basis....anyone offended by this TALK are victims of the PC era...victims of the "everyone is the same" era...victim of the "mediocrity is good" era...

Come on people...this type of talk is what every hungry fighter thinks when prepping for a fight.

I disagree with what you say about it being hyperbole. You do know that not all gladiator fights were to the death, some gladiator matches even involved wooden swords. Combat sports are EXACTLY like gladiator combat lol.

I actually did not know that. I thought the dummy swords were for training. If that's true then my bad. They are gladiators. Oh, but that does make the word 'gladiator' mean something a lot less meaningful. I was a gladiator in the back yard with my friend's when I was twelve!! Fantastic!!!

Look, he's from Australia and saying you'll kill someone there isn't quite as taboo as it is here.

The guy is an actor. Not a fighter.

Only a WWE fan can buy his crap. Most athletes know what a complete joke he is.

Tell the fighters he's clobbered through he's a joke. He put fear and doubt into both Poirier and Holloway when he crushed through them both.

Holloway.png

bijj7s.png

You could see it in the faces. Brandao was broken in the early exchanges and Brimage got his lights shut out by huge bolo punches. To say he's a complete joke disqualifies you from any reasonable discussion regarding MMA fighters. At the MINIMUM he is a top 5 FW.

Look, he's from Australia and saying you'll kill someone there isn't quite as taboo as it is here.

"I'll rip your fuckin' head off and shit down your neck" is considered a compliment in Australia.

I actually did not know that. I thought the dummy swords were for training. If that's true then my bad. They are gladiators. Oh, but that does make the word 'gladiator' mean something a lot less meaningful. I was a gladiator in the back yard with my friend's when I was twelve!! Fantastic!!!

Lol Touche :)

Tell the fighters he's clobbered through he's a joke. He put fear and doubt into both Poirier and Holloway when he crushed through them both.

Holloway.png

bijj7s.png

You could see it in the faces. Brandao was broken in the early exchanges and Brimage got his lights shut out by huge bolo punches. To say he's a complete joke disqualifies you from any reasonable discussion regarding MMA fighters. At the MINIMUM he is a top 5 FW.
exactly.

His opponents and critics think hes some kind of leprechaun clown, but after the first exchange in the cage their demeanors completely change. Everyone he fought in the UFC had a look of terror on their faces once they realize what they've got themselves in to. This is some intimidating prime-Tyson level shit.

Oh I'm convinced now that you've posted some gifs to try to convince the world that McGregor is a good fighter. Don't you think people actually watch the fights?

Sherdog, where an "actor" will get through a fighter with 18 UFC fights "no matter what" :p

you do understand how making money in the professional fighting world works, right? I don't want to ruin santa clause for you either, but it's pretty simple: Conor generates money and buzz. The UFC is about making money and keeping that buzz alive. The UFC will make sure that McGregor vs Aldo will happen...no matter what. It's not that hard to comprehend. I explained it to my 10 year old niece and she understood perfectly.

Sherdog, where santa clause and the easter bunny come to hang out on their off time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back