Conor Era or Brock Era?

“FRANK MIR HAD A HORSESHOE UP HIS ASS”

ComplicatedLimpBlackmamba-max-1mb.gif

I’m a fan of both, very entertaining characters. In terms of their actual runs I think I enjoyed Conor’s more because he had more fights, in terms of era I would say Brock’s because that era of mma was hands down my favorite.
"I pulled that sumbitch out and beat him over the head with it!! Woo!! bork1}

I love Conor but I don't think anything will top UFC 100 for me. Might be because I was new and a lot younger but watching Brock facefuck Mir against the cage and then lose his shit followed by that epic promo.... Best MMA moment.
Don't get me wrong, Conor Vs Floyd and Khabib was surreal too but War Bork.

"I pulled that sumbitch out and beat him over the head with it!! Woo!! bork1}

I love Conor but I don't think anything will top UFC 100 for me. Might be because I was new and a lot younger but watching Brock facefuck Mir against the cage and then lose his shot followed by that epic promo.... Best MMA moment.
Don't get me wrong, Conor Vs Floyd and Khabib was surreal too but War Bork.

UFC 100 will never be topped imo

Brock vs Mur 2 GOAT post fight interview
GSP vs Alves
Hendo vs Bisping H-Bomb

UFC 100 will never be topped imo

Brock vs Mur 2 GOAT post fight interview
GSP vs Alves
Hendo vs Bisping H-Bomb
Don't forget freaking Jon Jones on the undercard lol. Was a huge fan back then.
Entertainment sells and Brock was pure entertainment. Pity the disease robbed him of a lot of time.

Don't forget freaking Jon Jones on the undercard lol. Was a huge fan back then.
Entertainment sells and Brock was pure entertainment. Pity the disease robbed him of a lot of time.

Honestly from top to bottom it was the GOAT card, Akiyama vs Belcher was a fun scrap too.

I loved them both tbf, people can whine all they want but they both bring something to events that nobody else can.

0 title defenses. Also lost to a journeyman plucked out of his vacation and a 40 year old retired boxer.
People like that guy you quoted have to be gimmicks... there's no way someone is that delusional about conor.

The man hasn't had one boring fight. He either gets the highlight reel KO or gasses and takes an epic beating. That is a rare thing to find.

You make a good point. I admittedly cannot claim to have ever been bored by a Conor fight. I just can't stand his schtick, the swagger-jacked style, the WWE borrowed smack-talk, the Instagram baller photos of rented luxury vehicles and chartered jet flights. The guy is just such a ridiculous fraud. There is nothing authentic about him, nothing unique, nothing original. Slap a big dollop of Sherdog fanboi gheyness on top of all that and you've got the perfect recipe for a fighter you just love to hate and love to watch lose.

Last edited:
DAmn
I got into mma probably because of Brock. Saw his K1 fight, then saw he'd be fighting Frank Mir in the ufc. Started watching UFC and got hooked.

That era was a special time. Was less bs and more purity of martial arts.
Brock fought in K-1? Did not know that. How did that go for the Wrestler?

DAmn

Brock fought in K-1? Did not know that. How did that go for the Wrestler?
It was an mma fight but under the k1 promotion. K1 also held mma fights under their banner.

It was Brock's first fight against Min Soo Kim. You can look it up.

I don't like Conor. But i hate Brock. Most overrated abd undeserved champion on the UFC. His only asset was size advantage and strengh. P4P #1 fighter that can't take a punch to the face. Both are early tappers.

It was an mma fight but under the k1 promotion. K1 also held mma fights under their banner.

It was Brock's first fight against Min Soo Kim. You can look it up.
Ahhh, Thanks for the info!

I am a fan of both and their time at the top was hype. Neither of them are goats of their division but hype wise, their careers were insane. Both have a lot of annoying fans but which period did you prefer more?
Slight edge to Brock cause he got me into MMA and heavyweights are just a bit more exciting to me.

I would do nicely without either.
Both were disastrous to the sport of MMA.

But I would vote for Brock, and it was shorter.

One thing those two eras have in common with each other is the amount of dumb fans that they brought in (or made along the way)
I think McGregor's fanbase was worse because they believe stupid shit like he could go up to HW and win.

Lesnar's was bad because his fanbase believe he was unbeatable when we all knew once he faced a technically sound fighter he would have a hard time.

Back