• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor’s plan is obvious

Im not sure about your #2 point, I think Conor would happily take another big fight if the opportunity arises. Basically hes waiting for opportunities in regards to fighting and keeps his name relevant as best he can.
The UFC will rationalize any weird fight as long as they think it will generate a lot of money even without Conor there to help. "Im giving my friend CM Punk a shot" "its what the fans want" and so on

I don’t think his pride will allow him to take a step back. At this point in his life, he doesn’t need to play catch-up. He will go big or just stay home and he still has the clout to do so.

The UFC can’t pay him “his value” and not sell well, they know it has to be a blockbuster of a fight for the payoff to be worth it.

i'd be shocked if Conor would take a risky short notice fight against Khabib

It may appear to you to be short notice but Conor has been preparing for TheRematch since last October.

I thought with ESPN+ they didn't really care about 'stars'. Don't UFC get a guaranteed amount no matter the quality?

Yes the UFC are guaranteed their end but don’t you think they care about Espn getting their’s as well? You’re crazy if you don’t think that Espn are breathing down the UFC’s neck for a Conor blockbuster.

UFC aren't cutting themselves short on time to promote a Conor fight
They also aren't selling tickets at a price tag of a regular fight and then giving a Conor fight away at those non-premium ticket prices

this

It may appear to you to be short notice but Conor has been preparing for TheRematch since last October.
maybe he has, maybe not, nonetheless, it's not a substitute for a real pro training camp

At this point I don’t think it even matters assuming he’s already rich enough that he doesn’t have to fight anymore.

maybe he has, maybe not, nonetheless, it's not a substitute for a real pro training camp

What would you say would be a bigger advantage for Conor:

1) Both Khabib and Conor having full camps in preparation for each other

OR

2) Khabib preparing for a different opponent while Conor unsuspectedly semi-prepares for Khabib.

?

Lmao. Yeah " stay ready " oh wait Tony dropped out , nah im not actually ready.

Lmao. Yeah " stay ready " oh wait Tony dropped out , nah im not actually ready.

He was ready. It was the UFC who weren’t “ready” to do a Conor fight on short notice.

What would you say would be a bigger advantage for Conor:

1) Both Khabib and Conor having full camps in preparation for each other

OR

2) Khabib preparing for a different opponent while Conor unsuspectedly semi-prepares for Khabib.

?
semi-preparing for Khabib is never gonna be enough, if he actually intends on winning

semi-preparing for Khabib is never gonna be enough, if he actually intends on winning

I think each route has its pros and cons and the difference is negligible.

How does conor coming in on short notice to fight khabib effect ppv buy's compared to a proper build up with multiple press conferences and international promotion tho? Hardcore fans will all buy but that's a big chunk of the casual market potentiality to lose out on, a lot of people plan ahead to buy ppvs not everybody has cash to splash on short notice.

What do we know for sure?

1- Conor won’t fight for less than “his value” which the UFC can only validate by making a blockbuster of a matchup.

2- Conor wants/needs TheRematch. He can’t just move on after what Khabib(and his team) did to him(and his team) ... The only way around this is if Khabib disappears and/or loses the Title.

3- If Conor loses his next fight, his stock will drop significantly which means it would no longer be prudent for the UFC to pay him “his value” nor will there be a blockbuster of a matchup to make. Sure you could make some hugely interesting fights but they wouldn’t garner the type of attention required to justify the type of pay that Conor demands.

So what does this all mean?

Conor is banking on the idea that it’s only a matter of time before either Khabib or his opponent, whether that be Dustin in September or the winner of Tony/Cowboy later, will drop out due to injury... and Conor will seize the moment.

That is his ticket back to Khabib and/or the Title = blockbuster matchup = being paid “his value”

Of course it goes without saying that if Khabib is the one who has to pull out, the UFC will proceed with an interim title.

I’d say the odds are in Conor’s favor and I’ll go even further and say that Conor will fight for the title, undisputed or interim, before years end.

TS, no.....no.

in one breath you say that hes not fighting cuz the ufc has to make a blockbuster promotion to justify his value, then you cap it all by saying that your main contention is he's holding out for a unpromoted drop-out slot??

conor is not fighting cuz his money hasn't run low yet, and conors contract demands are outside of what the ufc wants to pay right now.

conor could call dana on the phone right this second and the khabib fight would be booked by this evening if conor lowered his price.

Conor's value is going to be high regardless of his win or loses at this point. He is like a Diaz when it comes to that.

I really wish Conor would've took the Cowboy fight. That was a good match up of styles for him to get back in the win column with the least risk of the opponents out there.

P.S.: If there one thing we have learned through the years is.........Conor gets what Conor wants. He wants Khabib they'll make it happen.

How does conor coming in on short notice to fight khabib effect ppv buy's compared to a proper build up with multiple press conferences and international promotion tho? Hardcore fans will all buy but that's a big chunk of the casual market potentiality to lose out on, a lot of people plan ahead to buy ppvs not everybody has cash to splash on short notice.

TS, no.....no.

in one breath you say that hes not fighting cuz the ufc has to make a blockbuster promotion to justify his value, then you cap it all by saying that your main contention is he's holding out for a unpromoted drop-out slot??

conor is not fighting cuz his money hasn't run low yet, and conors contract demands are outside of what the ufc wants to pay right now.

conor could call dana on the phone right this second and the khabib fight would be booked by this evening if conor lowered his price.

TheRematch is the biggest fight in combat sports today, months-long promotion not required. The announcement alone will cause shock waves.

Clowner is irrelevant as this mental breakdown proves:

Dustin
Khabib
Tony

all these fights sell, Conor is going with the only fight once in 1-2 year range. He doesnt need to fight often because he changed the game

Back