Conor’s head kick landed with his toes..

He tried that same left kick against Khabib in round 1 and the flying knee at the start of round 2 but neither bothered the GOAT.

Both of these landed on Cowboy before the TKO

Just shows how great Khabib is
Khabib is indeed seemingly on another level until proven otherwise. Conor needed a win bad and not just a win he needed a showing like he gave us. Even if he loses to Khabib I think he’s got a few more great performances left in him now. I had no idea how he would look....

Hitting with the shin is best but that doesn’t mean if you get your opponent with your toes it doesn’t hurt

The shoulder punches hurt him, the kick wobbled him (you can see the head snap so he wasn't expecting it at all) then the follow up punches finished him. People can say what they want about Connor but before he gets tired it's not like he lacks power or precision. Done and done, hopefully Cerrone hangs em up after the red panty night and focuses on family life. He's got a kiddo to think about and he's got way too much cte already.

Toes definitely landed, but from looking at the impact, you can tell the strike was significant. Cowboy didn't properly guard against the attack at all (like maybe if Cowboy's arm braced the impact, the kick might have scraped him and he'd be able to fight back, but Cowboy got nailed; like literally). He probably thought Conor was aiming a body shot.

That toe kick and those superman shoulder shots have the entire division shaking

I didn't catch the sarcasm<GSPWoah> the first time around. There are so many comments like this floating around

I always thought it was ideal for you to land a kick with your shin, if not, your entire foot then.

Conor just caught Cerrone with the tip of his toes. Still, it looked like it hurt Cowboy pretty good though.

I remember Paul Buentello head-kicked Gilbert Aldana at UFC 57 and only caught him with his toes. Rogan said “That kick lacked full power because he only hit him with the toes.”

Well please discuss. If anyone could make a gif of Conor’s head kick, it may make things easier to discuss..
You don't have to land with the shin to ko someone with a head kick. Cro Cop landed with his foot most of the time. Kevin Lee landed with his foot as well. Landing with the toes isn't as impactful as the instep but it can still hurt you especially if it's across the jaw.

RespectfulLeadingHellbender-size_restricted.gif
That's interesting, I wonder if Conor threw it that way intentionally. Wasn't in range for the shin, kind of sneaky. I know liver kicks with the toes really fuck people up because all the power is concentrated into a small area. Same thing goes when fighters hit with just a small piece of the glove to the temple. Kicking the chin with the toes might actually be an effective idea but of course you could easily end up breaking something.

Last edited:
The shoulder pop that busted his nose must have made his eyes watery and unable to see clear

Kick lands, look at the ear jiggle

just because an attack is not at 100% full power doesn't mean it can't stun, hurt or even shut someone completely off.

isn't this a question of technicals ? Sure he stunned cerrone w it but technically you're never supposed to kick someone with ur toes because of the potential of breaking toes?

Landing with the shin is obviously more powerful, but you can still see Cerrone’s head rattle.

Cro Cop used to land exclusively with his foot...

CQdwDV8xyakGm797Pd7hmJjsWf9NsMXfnDpdz1ArTeefPftVCMetaKLB8vcWos3

ezgif-3-34c37f5e148d.gif

xzLF1to.gif

8Pbxa3P.gif

ezgif-3-9507a6a1fb5d.gif

tumblr_otjr1fPYKZ1qd4esao1_400.gifv

tumblr_mz0fjgWuk41ry1rm7o1_400.gifv

...to the point where he literally left toeprints on Wanderlei:

6lu8z3jxo0u01.jpg

It may not be ideal for the health/safety of the kicker, but it's still effective :cool:

isn't this a question of technicals ? Sure he stunned cerrone w it but technically you're never supposed to kick someone with ur toes because of the potential of breaking toes?
correct. but i would say improper technique doesn't allow you to hit at 100% full power, and the technique wasn't necessarily bad it just didn't land as accurately as he had wanted.

i probably could've worded it better but eh shit happens lol

You can kind of see from this gif that Cowboy puts his hands down to defend a body kick. Kinda similar to Jones DC 2 actually. Except DC tries to survive until the very end.

It looks more like he was trying to parry that left hand feint.

Didn’t even land a proper headkick and the nuthuggers act like he’s Cro Cop esque.

Didn’t land proper, confirmed dive.

I remember Paul Buentello head-kicked Gilbert Aldana at UFC 57 and only caught him with his toes. Rogan said “That kick lacked full power because he only hit him with the toes.”

absolutely, i think about it all the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back