Connecticut Force Chemotherapy On Teen

Some people actually die due to causes from chemotherapy. And don't die from the cancer.

And some people survive bullet wounds to the head but I wouldn't recommend them on the while.

No, they didn't. The largest demographic (> 50%) said Yes at 2/3 rate. The group that only responded Yes at a 1/3 rate was the "Other" demographic.

That chemotherapy is awful to go through is uncontroversial. No one needed a survey of that.

Regardless, the claim that most doctors would refuse chemo is blatantly false.

It's all horseshit anyway - asking someone what they "would" or "might" do given a certain set of circumstances. Nobody knows until they're actually presented with those circumstances. People are terrible at predicting their own future behavior. Just cause doctors (or anyone) say they "would" do such and such if it were them in that position, doesn't mean it will be true when they actually are.

I would need to see numbers about decisions that were actually made in order to give something like this any merit. I do believe it's true that doctors tend to forgo a lot of end of life treatments that people off the street subject themselves to, but I'm pretty sure almost any doctor would treat a lymphoma with this good of a chance of recovery.

They arrested the parents, and took custody of the girl. She ran away twice after her first two treatments, and now they literally chain her to the bed for treatment.

Good.

And fuck the parents.
I hope they get a painful disease that will slowly kill them because they refuse treatment (not because it's untreatable).

If all the people who are such adamant proponents of State enforced medical treatment were intellectually consistent, and were also adamant proponents of single-payer healthcare, we could end untold suffering and death and move this country out of the dark ages.

I wonder if the 17 year old will thank the judges later in life when she grows the fuck up and realizes it saved her life.

As for the issue at hand, we acknowledge that minors cannot make many decisions, such as smoking cigarettes, driving, drinking alcohol. Shit, they cannot enter into a contract or sign checks! Therefore, I am cool with the courts finding that she is not capable of making healthcare choices. Unfortunately, her mother is a mouth breather and I feel pretty good that the courts are acting in the kid's best interest. I'm not bent out of shape over this one, she's a kid. Kid's don't have the same rights as adults and the reasoning for that makes sense to me.

The majority of doctors did not pick (a). They said they'd refuse.

Even if the numbers are close, it says something. Chemo is horribly painful. No one should be forced into it.

It says absolutely nothing, its like if choosing between being raped by a donkey or being burned alive at the stake means that you like being raped by a donkey.

Chemo is horrible, but dying of cancer is worse, no fucking doubt about it.

This is tough... I feel like a 17 year old cannot make these decisions on their own. Doctors should have stepped in here and done what is best for the child.

I wonder if the 17 year old will thank the judges later in life when she grows the fuck up and realizes it saved her life.

As for the issue at hand, we acknowledge that minors cannot make many decisions, such as smoking cigarettes, driving, drinking alcohol. Shit, they cannot enter into a contract or sign checks! Therefore, I am cool with the courts finding that she is not capable of making healthcare choices. Unfortunately, her mother is a mouth breather and I feel pretty good that the courts are acting in the kid's best interest. I'm not bent out of shape over this one, she's a kid. Kid's don't have the same rights as adults and the reasoning for that makes sense to me.

They can abort their unborn child at 17. Without parental consent.

Maybe you're not so bad after all.

We probably agree on many things. Its the religion I cant get passed. I wish I didn't care so much about it but after being a christian for so long and seeing the alternative I just have a hard time understanding why people believe.

I'm also pro choice but I think there should be exceptions if another family member is going to care for the child

Ya, that's odd. I would think if the grandparents would help take care of the child then they should have a say in this matter.

Right.

We would have Christians around every clinic going "you have to give birth instead, I'll take care of the baby!"

Ya, that's odd. I would think if the grandparents would help take care of the child then they should have a say in this matter.

It's not really that odd though because you can't force someone to carry something in their body if they don't want to.

Perspective has a lot to do with it. You see it as a symbiotic relationship with the mother and unborn child.

Someone who does not want the child will view it as a parasite feeding off of their body.

It's not really that odd though because you can't force someone to carry something in their body if they don't want to.

Perspective has a lot to do with it. You see it as a symbiotic relationship with the mother and unborn child.

Someone who does not want the child will view it as a parasite feeding off of their body.

Well, I'm actually looking at it from a societal point of view. Personally I could care less because I view humans as animals who don't really matter at all in the big picture, but if we are taking the societal view I guess I would rather not abort but have a family member take care of it if that makes sense

Right.

We would have Christians around every clinic going "you have to give birth instead, I'll take care of the baby!"

You are probably right but then as soon as they get home they are taking that baby to the first orphanage they can find

We probably agree on many things. Its the religion I cant get passed. I wish I didn't care so much about it but after being a christian for so long and seeing the alternative I just have a hard time understanding why people believe.

I'm also pro choice but I think there should be exceptions if another family member is going to care for the child

Maybe you just haven't seen the Christian side from the right viewpoint yet.

Maybe Christians just haven't seen the atheist side from the right viewpoint yet either.

Regardless of what you believe, try to let go of the frustration over the other side. It will drive you crazy eventually.

Back