Connecticut Force Chemotherapy On Teen

It's not really that odd though because you can't force someone to carry something in their body if they don't want to.

Perspective has a lot to do with it. You see it as a symbiotic relationship with the mother and unborn child.

Someone who does not want the child will view it as a parasite feeding off of their body.

But scientifically it is not a parasite. Biology does not label a fetus a parasite. It is incorrect to label a fetus a parasite.

We probably agree on many things. Its the religion I cant get passed. I wish I didn't care so much about it but after being a christian for so long and seeing the alternative I just have a hard time understanding why people believe.

I'm also pro choice but I think there should be exceptions if another family member is going to care for the child

We very well might agree on many things. Fair enough. Maybe we'll get into that and discuss it sometime here.

But scientifically it is not a parasite. Biology does not label a fetus a parasite. It is incorrect to label a fetus a parasite.

Yeah, well, depends which definition you want to use.

Anyway, let's just agree that it's not a parasite but it's not a human being either.

What do you mean Rod?

I mean that denying children access to modern medical care is a crime by itself.

This is not a blurry-line of a terminal case deciding to die in peace instead of undergoing expensive chemo, this is a pretty treatable cancer with 85% chance of full recovery vs 100% chance of horrible death.

Similar to vegan parents forcing veganism on their kids, or jehova witnesses denying blood transfusions.

One has the freedom to raise their kids, but not the freedom to abuse them.

You are probably right but then as soon as they get home they are taking that baby to the first orphanage they can find

And then they complain about how much taxes go into the orphanages

You are probably right but then as soon as they get home they are taking that baby to the first orphanage they can find

But it will be a Christian orphanage, so it's all good.

But on a serious note, I'd prolly rather grow in an orphanage as a child than not be born at all.

I wasn't speaking scientifically. I said perspective. Parasites are cross species, but are a non-mutual symbiotic relationship. If you look at what happens to a woman physically during pregnancy it's not much of stretch if she considers what is growing in side of her as being unwanted.

Slaves to the medical industrial complex. How can they take all your money if refuse their services?

No, they didn't. The largest demographic (> 50%) said Yes at 2/3 rate. The group that only responded Yes at a 1/3 rate was the "Other" demographic.

That chemotherapy is awful to go through is uncontroversial. No one needed a survey of that.

Regardless, the claim that most doctors would refuse chemo is blatantly false.

The 2/3 category wasn't too thirds. They were slightly less. And they were 51%.
The 49% category were slighly less than 1/3.

Overall, that makes doctor's slightly lower than 50% likely to say yes.

Not according to about half the doctors polled.

Quit trolling.

You tried to mislead people with that usual alternative medicine bullshit tactic, and you got called on it immediately. It's over.

The self-ownage here is stunning. The article discredits you in the first and last sentences. It's as if the entire article was written with the foreknowledge that you would try to cite it, and made absolutely certain to squash your entire point of view. I'm screen shotting this one for next year's awards. Unfortunately you won't make it through January, but it's worth saving just in case.

I'm just saying, that's a pretty dumb reason to avoid paying for a service. More than likely, that had nothing to do with why the services would've been refused.

I was making more of a generalized comment on the notion of supporting forced medical care while alluding to the potential bankruptcy that might ensue. Personally I don't care why someone refuses treatment. I consider that a fundamental right.

I was making more of a generalized comment on the notion of supporting forced medical care while alluding to the potential bankruptcy that might ensue. Personally I don't care why someone refuses treatment. I consider that a fundamental right.

I agree. But in this case, it was a minor whose parents are dip shits, so I'm fine with it.

Government should have done the same thing for Steve Jobs.

So basically the mother is a crackpot and is going to let her (minor) child die from a treatable illness?

I have no problem with the state stepping in to save this girl's life.

That's what it sounds like. It's tough to think about and tougher to act on, but good on Connecticut for protecting the child from the parent here.

Back