Confirmed: Masvidal vs. Usman is Next

Rate the matchup

• Total voters
Is it just me or is Usman constantly injured? I mean kudos to him. He fought twice last year and is a terminator when he shows up... He just seems to always be broken

I'd love for Masvidal to KO Usman, but lets be real
Usman is gonna dry hump him for all 5 rds. Masvidal will bitch and moan about being hugged the whole fight afterwards, and Usman will call out either GSP or McGregor.
I like Jorge and yes, he's gonna get smothered. I'm not sure if/when this fight gets made. Jorge wants McG but said he'd fight Marty for now. I think we need to wait for Khabib/Tony first. Conor should not get a shot at WW. GSP might want Khabib maybe Conor. just gotta wait and see how things play out and wait for announcements
Your AV..just watched Kingpin a week ago. haven't seen that movie for like 15 years

Usman will try to stand with him and get clipped, Masvidal by tko.

Ufc thinking:
Conor gets wrestlefucked by Usman, so that only brings in money once.

Masvidal fighting Usman brings good money and if he wins, that brings great money against Conor.
Conor then is a 3div champ and they make Mayweather money.
That way they avoid Khabib and Diaz gets a few easy matchups to hype a rematch.
If it's a close fight, even better, instand rematch against Masvidal.
Endless money.

If Masvidal loses, Conor fights Gaethje, still money.

Or if Masvidal loses, he's still got that BMF belt he can "defend" vs. Conor. That can go on for a while with Mas, Diaz, Conor, Gaethje, Ponzinibbio, etc (some of whom move between LW and WW).

Masvodal is actually a very live dog in this match up. Usman gives you opportunities to strike with him, with his long pressure. He's not this all out wrestler type like many think, and Masvidal's no scrub on the ground. I still favor Usman because of his TDs, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jorge won the fight.

Haha. The hype stops here. Usman will shit him down with ease.

Fine by me. Masvidal has earned his shot.

I suspect K1 Usman from the Colby match leaves and we get Wrassler Usman back, which will lead to an interesting stylistic match-up of whether Jorge is able to defend the grappling and make his shots count before he gets smothered. Leaning toward Marty, but I may just be rooting for Gamebred come fight night. Either outcome works for me and sets up interesting future match-ups.

Usman. I'm surprised Masvidal would accept this fight to be honest. Since he seems obsessed with pointless "money fights" against either Diaz or Conor.

Maybe he figures that win or lose, those fights will still be there with his fake title.

Change your title from confirmed to "Usman says he wants Masvidal next"
Mas wants it too, but has been askin for Conor. All of this is gonna depend on the UFC and Conor. And Masvidal if he decides to fight for the title.

How is that "confirmed"? I'm still skeptical that Jorge takes this fight.

Back