Confirmed Doug Lima Injured, Out of Bellator 134 Title Fight

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Jan 20th, Paul Daley Confirms Lima is out and he will still be on the card with a new opponent.

Paul Semtex Daley

Nervous, Scared??.....I understand, preparing to fight me....I would be. It's ok....guess you get to have a few more photo shoots with the belt....My focus has shifted, same date, new opponent....British invasion at Bellator 134.

As for you.....I will see you soon.

Last edited:
He said he's gonna hit the phones and see if he can get someone to go on record.

Damn huge blow to that show if true.

They should do Interim to keep Daley on there. Really have to at this point.

I know it's not the case, but the conspiracy theorist in me is screaming that this is starting to look like inside job sabotage at this point.

Damn huge blow to that show if true.

They should do Interim to keep Daley on there. Really have to at this point.

Wait.. interim.. as in interim title? Why

Agree though, if he is out, get him a fight vs Ricky Rainey or something, but I see no need to make it a interim title fight.

Maybe why they want Mo on the card to make up for Lima out?

Hope to hell its not true.

Jason Floyd thinks maybe if Whitemare wins on Sat he takes Daley fight?

I know it's not the case, but the conspiracy theorist in me is screaming that this is starting to look like inside job sabotage at this point.

What else have I missed? Has Lima had to pull out of a fight before? I see Lashley is off the card, but King Mo isn't a dropoff in terms of interest at all as a replacement.

What else have I missed? Has Lima had to pull out of a fight before? I see Lashley is off the card, but King Mo isn't a dropoff in terms of interest at all as a replacement.

Lashley is number 2 ratings draw they have so its a dropoff but its a great replacement.

Lima is on that Pettis shit.

Except with Pettis it's largely a myth. He's had one major injury, that layoff was extended a few months due to TUF, and prior to that stint he was basically always healthy enough to fight if the UFC didn't jerk him around with title shots so much. He got forcibly removed from the Aldo fight after an absurdly long camp (not his suggestion to wait) in spite of begging to stay in the fight with a non cruciate ligament sprain in his knee. They didn't want to take a chance he couldn't go. Wouldn't have done that if he were champion. Then another time he got elective shoulder surgery in part because the UFC had him in title limbo. He said if they followed thru on their promise to give him a title shot he'd have just kept fighting. They reneged on 3 title shot promises, and pulled him from another, to cause most of his relative inactivity in the UFC. They managed him poorly because they foolishly didn't know what they had until the masterpiece against Cerrone. Before that they were in the, "bbbut, Guida beat him" contingent. I think it's more likely than not now that Pettis is champ and UFC has his back he'll be more active than most of them.

Lima, sadly, thru no fault of his own, suffers fight preventing injuries frequently. He breaks his hand a lot because of the way he throws almost every punch to destroy. He had a rib injury to cancel a fight, and who knows what the problem is this time. Hopefully it's not long-term. He's one of the most entertaining in the game too.

For once I agree with you. That would go a long way towards showing if MVP is legit or not.

Yeah, then have Barncat fight Millender at a catch-weight or something like that on the main card. At least they have backups, and would have fun stylistic match-ups instead.

But not seeing Lima or Dantas or Pettis enough the last few years has hurt my interest as an MMA fan a little in and of itself. MVP and Wonderboy have had plenty of layoffs. Now Andy, Condit, Koreshkov, Minakov, etc. have been out for a while. MMA really needs it's dynamos active to gain momentum, as well as of course to attempt to put on quality cards from the beginning. These things are related, but not as much as the promotions would make it out to be of course.

Daley/MVP would be fun, big step up for him but its a striker not a wrestler so its a fight maybe they would do.

Doubt it though, they seem to want to slowly build MVP up.

dumbdumber.gif

There's only one fight on that card I care about now. Is Koreshkov still injured?

I'd assume Andrey is out if not throw him in. Maybe wait to see if Gonzalez/Zaromskis win and want to step in on a months notice.

170 is pretty damn shallow in Bellator.

On second thought maybe they can talk Storm or Manhoef into making a cut to 170 or doing a catch weight for fun.

Back