Confirmed: Costa Philippou Broke Tim Boetsch's nose..

Maybe because nobody knew Tim's nose was broken. I like how the TS is acting like freaking captain hindsight, thinking he is so much smarter than everyone and acting like he has always known Boetsch had the broken nose. First I have heard of it and knowing this I now give Costa more credit for his win, thank you TS for that bit of information.

Stop acting all high and mighty TS. Not a good look

Well you could see there was something wrong with his face during the fight.

Rogan put a lot of people by assuming his guess of a broken had was correct (even though Tim was throwing punches with both of them). You could see the problem was either with his jaw or nose because of the way he was holding his mouth open after that first round.

boetsch was pulling guard ffs, something was most definitely wrong. ya costa does not deserve a huge amount of credit for that win

Agreed. Still don't get how he got the decision against Lombard =/

I love the guy, but I was hoping his hype would get derailed. Okami was tooling him - it was a great comeback, but if he'd beat Costa I could imagine being hyped even more. I knew no matter how Costa won he wouldn't get the respect he deserves. Love that fighter.

Lombard did next to nothing against Tim B. I don't know how either guy could say they won the fight.

That Lombard was the worst fight I've ever seen, if you take the amount of hype that was put on it. I even got friends who weren't into MMA to watch it as an intro. Totally backfired.

Finally, hopefully people stop shitting on Costa man, that was ridiculous.

I have read that Tim should have taken more time after the eye poke. If I'm not mistaken you don't get a break from an eyepoke, you either can see or you can't. You don't get 5 minutes the way you do from a shot to the groin.

I have read that Tim should have taken more time after the eye poke. If I'm not mistaken you don't get a break from an eyepoke, you either can see or you can't. You don't get 5 minutes the way you do from a shot to the groin.

Yes you do. In Costas last fight Fukoda eye poked him with one of the wrost pokes ever. Remember Costa screaming in pain on the floor for 5 mins like a child, he was given 5 mins to recover. He still finished the fight and won.

why do you think there would be an eye injury listed on the post fight evals? unless he like detached his retina or some shit

If the eye poke was as serious and such a game changer as you suggest Tim would have taken more then a minute to start the fight back on and the ring side doctor looked at Tims eye for 5 seconds before declaring he is fit to fight. When you sufer an eye injury in a fight you have to be cleared by an optomoligist to return to action. There is no injury of the eye on the medical report.

If the eye poke was as serious and such a game changer as you suggest Tim would have taken more then a minute to start the fight back on and the ring side doctor looked at Tims eye for 5 seconds before declaring he is fit to fight. When you sufer an eye injury in a fight you have to be cleared by an optomoligist to return to action. There is no injury of the eye on the medical report.

wow
you are just totally wrong on all accounts

have you never poked yourself in the eye and not been able to see right for a bit but then it comes back and clears up later? There's no injury.

boetsch got hit with the kitchen sink and nothing else, ranging from a headbutt to an eye poke to a rumored broken right hand to now a broken nose.

just not a good night for the man.

Yes you do. In Costas last fight Fukoda eye poked him with one of the wrost pokes ever. Remember Costa screaming in pain on the floor for 5 mins like a child, he was given 5 mins to recover. He still finished the fight and won.

You are correct sir, just did some reading, apparently this is a common misconception.

Eye pokes happen regurally in the fight game. You cant have 1 full card without an eye poke.

I like Costa alot. He's humble and honest, and because of that, he's more capable of growing and being molded with his style of mindset. He's sharp and never afraid to accept humility, and that leaves him much room for growth.

Even though Costa downplays himself at times, he's really capable of beating the #2 and #4 guy(Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping) and not to mention other notable fighters in the Top 10. Costa is for real... Not ready for Silva yet as he humbly confessed, but he's certainly ready for everyone else...

He got lucky in his two previous fight? Get outa here! He's a beast with limitations that were exploited.

Back