Confirmed: Costa Philippou Broke Tim Boetsch's nose..

NYmmamafia

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Maybey this is why Tim looked the way he did during the fight? The medical reports were released and Tim is suspended for 180 days for a broken nose.
Thats the only injury listed on his medical report.
No eye injury as he does not even need to see an optamologist to get cleared and no broken hand.
There is Way too much is being made of this eye poke.
If it was so bad then why did Tim not take more time to continue? Common sence tells me he thought his sight was ok to fight which is why Tim dedeided to restart the fight so quickly as did the doctor at ring side.
We see these things all the time yet now everyone is up in arms making excuses. Remember Costa's last fight? He almost lost his eye in his last fight by a Fukuda eye poke, he was on the mat screaming like a child in pain for 5 mins, yet he finished the fight and won.

Costa should be getting more credit then some around here are giving him. Posters are looking into every way to try to discredit the guy.

Not one of the posters discrediting Costas win fail to mention that Costa busted and Broke Tims nose. Did you guys ever think maybe that also played a part in Tim looking the way he did?

Hopefully people won't get this the wrong way but ... Tim was never that good anyways. Doesn't have what it takes to be elite. He got to the top by a bit of luck.

Okami and Hector fights were just a lucky night.

Great guy, but I hoped he lose because I can't entertain the idea of him vs Anderson, and knowing Anderson, these are the fights he loves to take ;)

Yeah, I agree. Costa deserves more credit for the win. Having said that, Boetsch is a pretty average MW in terms of skill. Both guys lose the majority of fights against the top 10 of the division.

Tim's MW record going into this fight was misleading IMO. I will never understand how he walked away with the win against Lombard, and for 90% of the fight against Okami, Yushin made him look way out of his league. Props to Tim for showing major toughness and coming back though.

Hopefully people won't get this the wrong way but ... Tim was never that good anyways. Doesn't have what it takes to be elite. He got to the top by a bit of luck.

Okami and Hector fights were just a lucky night.

Great guy, but I hoped he lose because I can't entertain the idea of him vs Anderson, and knowing Anderson, these are the fights he loves to take ;)

Agreed. Still don't get how he got the decision against Lombard =/

Lombard did next to nothing against Tim B. I don't know how either guy could say they won the fight.

I saw this coming from a mile away. All the people that were like "lol Boestch is going to smash him" were straight just looking at records and rankings, that's the worst way to try to predict the outcome of a fight. Yushin was making him look D-level from start to finish until the late rally and he was running scared from Lombard and got the decision. I never viewed him as elite or as a top contender.

with his fist or with his head?

I saw this coming from a mile away. All the people that were like "lol Boestch is going to smash him" were straight just looking at records and rankings, that's the worst way to try to predict the outcome of a fight. Yushin was making him look D-level from start to finish until the late rally and he was running scared from Lombard and got the decision. I never viewed him as elite or as a top contender.

How much money did you have on Costa?

Maybe because nobody knew Tim's nose was broken. I like how the TS is acting like freaking captain hindsight, thinking he is so much smarter than everyone and acting like he has always known Boetsch had the broken nose. First I have heard of it and knowing this I now give Costa more credit for his win, thank you TS for that bit of information.

Stop acting all high and mighty TS. Not a good look

They should DQ Costa because Tim B. struggled to fight with a broken nose. Costa's tactics were horrible, trying to and successfully breaking Tim B.'s nose.

How much money did you have on Costa?

I'm not a huge betting guy(college student so you know how that goes) but look at my post history, I knew there was a good chance Boestch was going to lose. This was like the Munoz hype train, when you're simply not sold on somebody and feel as though they are not truly elite.

I definitely am kicking myself for not putting money on this fight, I saw this shit coming from a mile away and didn't act on it. I'm definitely going to look into betting though, I would have made absolute bank on the Belcher-Palhares and Struve-Miotic fights.

Maybey this is why Tim looked the way he did during the fight? The medical reports were released and Tim is suspended for 180 days for a broken nose.
Thats the only injury listed on his medical report.
No eye injury as he does not even need to see an optamologist to get cleared and no broken hand.
There is Way too much is being made of this eye poke.
If it was so bad then why did Tim not take more time to continue? Common sence tells me he thought his sight was ok to fight which is why Tim dedeided to restart the fight so quickly as did the doctor at ring side.
We see these things all the time yet now everyone is up in arms making excuses. Remember Costa's last fight? He almost lost his eye in his last fight by a Fukuda eye poke, he was on the mat screaming like a child in pain for 5 mins, yet he finished the fight and won.

Costa should be getting more credit then some around here are giving him. Posters are looking into every way to try to discredit the guy.

Not one of the posters discrediting Costas win fail to mention that Costa busted and Broke Tims nose. Did you guys ever think maybe that also played a part in Tim looking the way he did?

He broke his nose with a headbutt.

the broken nose didn't affect his vision

which was totally lost after the eye poke

and he probably didn't take time because most fighters(and from my understanding many refs) don't know you get 5 minutes for an eye poke. If you say you can't see they stop the fight immediately

he got eyepoked, and also had some blood in his eye??

meh fight was terrible im just recalling

He broke his nose with a headbutt.

But, but remember Tim only lost because there was headbutt(still no gif) to the forehead which caused blood to get in his eyes.

Which one is it?

I see no other injuries on the report. No hand and no eye.

Him and his corner were talking about an injury. His corner was trying to push him through. They seemed to think he might give up. The only injury I see is from a broken nose. Caused legally by Costa. That seems to be what their corner was concerned about and what caused the most damage. The injury caused legally in the fight Costa won by TKO.

But, but remember Tim only lost because there was headbutt(still no gif) to the forehead which caused blood to get in his eyes.

Which one is it?

I see no other injuries on the report. No hand and no eye.

Him and his corner were talking about an injury. His corner was trying to push him through. They seemed to think he might give up. The only injury I see is from a broken nose. Caused legally by Costa. That seems to be what their corner was concerned about and what caused the most damage. The injury caused legally in the fight Costa won by TKO.

why do you think there would be an eye injury listed on the post fight evals? unless he like detached his retina or some shit

Back