Confirmed: Costa Philippou Broke Tim Boetsch's nose..

Costa Ko'd a big Boetsch, something Yushin, or Lombard couldn't do. Costa finished him, and not to mention broke his nose. Plus, aside from Weidman, Costa has the second hottest streak right in the Middleweight Division. With a tko over Tim and now included in the Top 10, Costa is now ready for the limelight. Time to anti up. It's showtime...

Last edited:
Maybe because nobody knew Tim's nose was broken. I like how the TS is acting like freaking captain hindsight, thinking he is so much smarter than everyone and acting like he has always known Boetsch had the broken nose. First I have heard of it and knowing this I now give Costa more credit for his win, thank you TS for that bit of information.

Stop acting all high and mighty TS. Not a good look

I not acting all high and mighty. Im just Sick of people posting crap about every fighter that has a rabbid fan base that cant accept they boy lost , so they make excuses and discredit the fighter that beat their boy. It happens all the time whoever the fighter is. There are those who always try to discredit a fighter when their fighter is beaten.
Your right no one knew but plenty of Tim fans started with the excuses even before they had any facts.
I see it all the time on this site I may be a knew member but have been a daily visitor for years and constantly I see posters make excuses for ther fighter when they lose and discredit fighters who win . It happens all the time.

wow
you are just totally wrong on all accounts

have you never poked yourself in the eye and not been able to see right for a bit but then it comes back and clears up later? There's no injury.

First off you are wrong. Costa Philippou suspended until 8/7/12, no contact until 7/30/12. Must have left eye cleared by ophthalmologist or suspension until 10/6/12

When Fukuda eye poked Costa in their last fight Costa was screaming in pain on the ground for 5 mins yet still deceided to fight and still won, yet Costas medical reports after the fight said he would not be cleared to fight without getting clearance from an ophthalmologist.

Why did tim take one minute in a half to deceide he was ok to fight?
If Tim's eye was so bad why did the ringside doctor deem him ready to fight less in 5 seconds? The eye was not the problem you guys are making it out to be.

Tim dominated the first round. People seem to forget that.

You call that dominated? If you think that is domminating someone then you need to watch a few more fights. That was far from being dominated. I still dont even get your point. So what if he won the first round, just because Costa lost the first round did not mean it's automatic he was gonna lose the fight. Many fighters lose the opening round only to win. It's a three round fight.

surprised he didn't KO him with that upper cut, perfectly timed

Costa is not a top 10 guy. His victory over Tim is tainted with eye pokes.

And what the hell was TIm doing pulling guard? that was his undoing

Back