Confess your UFC/MMA ignorance

i thought grappling was 2 guys lying on the floor trying to hug each other.

Still don't know why dem angles and dem footwork is different in mma than boxing like schaub tried to tell.

Is endeavor a management agency or just bought the UFC for the monies?

Maia stiking agaisnt Andy silva is unknown to me until this day.

I started watching in 2010, but didn't pay much attention to anything below 185lbs - just MW-LHW-HW - up until 2015. You still pick up on the main names involved, if you watch the cards, but I just didn't follow them like I knew the entire rosters of larger divisions.

USADA really changed everything, HW-LHW-HW got shot and all excitement went to LW. I still can barely bring myself to care about FLW and BW, though.

I watch every single car and fight. But I honestly can’t remember who like 90 percent of the roster is. Partly my old ass brain. Partly a roster made up of a lot of generic contender series fighters that will fight for peanuts just to be in the UFC.

At one point I thought Conor was a great fighter. Boy was I dumb.

I missed mma completely from 1996 to 2004. Got hooked again thanks to TUF1. Trying to catchup with Pride, i thought for a while that the Pride mw division was 185lbs lol.

I don't know jack shit about MMA/UFC, but I act like I do - Your Average Sherdog Poster

What's stacking? I tried looking it up and it gave the definition you wrote.
Stacking – says Priit Mihkelson – is not a missing skill in Jiu-Jitsu but stacking to shutting down the closed guard is what is missing because people even call it “dirty Jitsu”.

Usually people consider stacking in closed guard to be ”bad jiu jitsu” but in MMA you see people using it a lot.

What did Ken Shamrock do in UFC 4? He stacked Royce Gracie inside the guard and Royce couldn’t apply his jiu jitsu.

What did GSP do with Condit? GSP grabbed his head and stacked him. With John Danaher in his corner they choose stacking as the best strategy.

Stacking is a very annoying way to defeat the closed guard but it’s also very effective because is not a stalling position. It’s possible to pass the guard from this position using the Sao Paulo Pass and its variations.

Stacking is not the best way to defeat the closed guard, but if you do not stack then you are missing something very important.

We need to have the full spectrum: stand up and stack in and everything in the middle.

This stacking approach is still under construction but out there is evidence that it works even with the gi, so we should not be ignored it anymore.

Tim Kenedy did a brilliant job of stacking Dave Camarillo in their recent Gi Grappling superfight:

Before I joined Sherdog I didn’t realize that people actually had issues with WMMA. He’ll I didn’t even know what WMMA was. I thought it was all just MMA.
When did you start watching?

When I was young I used to think it was about who was the better athlete, the better fighter, the better skill. However, MMA is highly sport-oriented. You could lose 9/10 sparring sessions and grappling sessions then destroy someone in the cage.

I'm still not entirely sure what WME-IMG is and what they actually do, besides owning the UFC through 10 layers of shady financial deals.

I thought that Anderson Silva only started using PEDs when he broke his leg.

So it’s a joke about a word that means nothing?
It doesnt explain anything here

I've become more and more casual as time goes by. I know way less of the up and coming names and many names on a card mean nothing to me. I just tune in for some violence now

I've never paid for a ppv

WTF is a "shoot fighter"? I never understood why Ken Shamrock was described that way.

Those were the days.

I was high af on Sokoudjou and Cro Cop coming to the UFC but I thought nothing of Anderson Silva

I confess my lack of knowledge on mma Pre ufc 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back