Confess your UFC/MMA ignorance

Randy Fandy Fo Fanders

I’m gonna take my pants off and kick your ass.
@Brown
Reaction score
We were all noobs at one point and some of us might have been a little slow to catch on to certain MMA related things, for instance:
  1. I was a young kid when UFC1 happened and I had thought that the fighters were going to fight to the death. I was disappoint.
  2. I used to think Charles Oliveira's nickname, "do bronx", was always a misspelling and was actually supposed to be "da bronx".
  3. I used to think that the interlocking fish smash was some kind of Sherdog joke which described a maneuver in women's MMA when both fighters had their legs intertwined on the ground and their vaginas were coming into contact with each other. kind of like a "scissor" maneuver.
Now that i've cleansed my soul of its ignorance, it is time for you all to confess!

I remember watching Tito fight before I was a fan and thought that taking someone down and ground and pounding was easy and basically cheating.

1. I still dont know what do bronx means
2. My eye for striking is meh
3. In fact i cant name the punches as numbers. Besides 1 and 2

TS, you think that last ones bad, try looking up “docking”.

3. I have no idea what the "interlocking fish smash" is

K-1 strikers would dominate if they can keep the fight standing

1. I was a young kid when UFC1 happened and I had thought that the fighters were going to fight to the death. I was disappoint.
Oh, I was the exact same. And instead of people dying, we got this...

giphy-downsized.gif

<{hughesimpress}>

I stopped watching WWF when I was a teenager, when it became PG13. One night I stumbled upon UFC on like challenge TV or something. I watched for 5/10 mins, can't remember who was fighting, but I thought to myself my god this is boring af. I obviously knew WWF was fake but I thought this was some budget WCW or the likes.

Anyway I didn't watch this again until a few years later I stumbled upon TUF. Sadly I was hooked and took me a while to realize this was the same show I'd watched years earlier and been so critical about <Fedor23>

I used to think Diego Brandao would be a good match up for Jose Aldo "because they're both MT and BJJ guys"
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought that UFC "no holds barred" was like WWE no hold barred matches

Back