Concerning my Tuition - I'm getting mixed responses

there's a bjj school on the planet that thinks that mma and competition is bad?!? and he's not trolling?

I thought this was a renzo gracie affiliate. last time i checked renzo was an mma fighter.

I assure you hes not trolling.... its very weird but it is true.

but renzo's guys compete

Eventually, down a lineage, some people will have differing opinions.

Wasn't BJ Penn taught by Gracie(s)? Then, he goes and fights Renzo and is branded a traitor by Ralph Gracie.

the difference is that BJ was Ralph's student and then wanted fight ralphs brother... Renzo

Besides, aren't you a bjj noob? You are making a statment as if you have been around bjj for a while

the difference is that BJ was Ralph's student and then wanted fight ralphs brother... Renzo

Besides, aren't you a bjj noob? You are making a statment as if you have been around bjj for a while

The point is that as you go down a lineage, there is bound to be dissent. Not everyone thinks alike.

I'm receiving class lessons from a purple belt. Sometimes, a blue belt substitutes as the instructor. I get 2-3 hours of said lessons per week. I pay $180 per month.

Is this right?

When I first made a thread about this, people told me this was a fair price. When I compared my tuition to what others were paying in other people's threads, they thought I was joking/trolling.

Depends where you are. If nobody else offers BJJ in your area, your club can charge whatever they want.

I forgot to mention they promote based on the amount of classes you go to. It was i think 100 classes for a blue belt. They limit the amount of classes you go to so that you have to pay about 13 months at 180$ tuition before you get promoted. Its a genius money making scheme. Their students really buy into what they preach too its crazy. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. Go to shaolins its amazing and worth the commute.

if they did they wont' be under the guy.

in this case, and probobly cuz its such a weird case, the "newb" is right and your wrong...lol

it really is weird, i know it sounds crazy and irrational but it is true. They come from renzos lineage but preach against competition. Say its unnecessary, dangerous, useless, etc. Always reitterate that the school doesnt support it, no one will go with you if you go and its really frowned upon if you go....

also, they are not an official renzo affiliate, they arent on the website and dont list renzo on theirs (except that they are bbs under him)

At this point, i have nothing more to say to the OP other than I feel sorry for you and this shouldn't reflect poorly on Renzo Gracie and his association. Although I will add I still think the OP is a bit of a whiner and needs to man up and make a decision, otherwise just forget about training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back