Competitive sub-text between Sly and Arnold in recent interview?

Guess who's worth more money...

Duh...its Sly. Hes got ownership of Rocky and Rambo Expendables Ips and gets a bigger slice of revenue cause he writes. He played his cards right financially...but i think his output suffered a bit.

Going to throw a curveball, i use to and maybe still do find JCVD's movies more fun and entertaining.

Chuck>Arnie>Sly>JCVD>Master Seagal

As for the Arnie/Sly comparison, Termiator franchise roughly equals Rocky, Rambo edges out Conan, but then Arnie dominates with Predator, Commando, Kindergarten Cop, etc. His overall body of quality work is just much larger tbh. Honorable mention, though, goes to Cobra and Over the Top.

If these two ego maniacs could've put their bullshit aside o what 20 years ago we could've had many epic movies where they costarred with each other.

Arnold and Sly in a movie together in the 80s would have been fucking otherworldly!

Arnold is one of the most intelligent and successful people too. Dude knows what hes doing.

Just watched Pumping Iron for millionth time. Guy is the ultimate troll.

Their movie careers aren't too far apart but outside of acting business Arnold won Mr Olympia 7 times. Has Stallone done anything like that? I dont think so.

Wow, what couple of weirdos.

"I kill 92 people and then you kill 93 and I say I'm going to kill 100 in my next movie."

Arnold's more charismatic and had the bigger muscles, and is funnier, but Sly is super talented behind the camera as well. Don't forget he's been nominated for oscars for acting AND writing.

He also directed some decent flicks too.

Arnold is great but what you see is what you get. Sly does so much more that you don't see.

edit: it's also interesting how in that particular video it looks like Sly has the bigger muscles. His dream is finally realized LOL.

Last edited:
Disagree with the bolded part completely. I never thought Stallones acting was that great. Arnold is the only one that made me cry out of the two with terminator 2 the thumbs up at the end.

People who criticize Sly's acting always give Rocky 1 and Copland it's due, but most forget about this little scene:

[YT]DMyca5XC_Ao[/YT]

Arnold thumb's upping doesn't compare to that. That was probably a stunt thumb anyway.

Guess who's worth more money...

Not actually sure, but I know Arnold was a self-made millionaire before he was 30, and before he did movies. Dude was gonna be a success no matter what line of work he tried.

People who criticize Sly's acting always give Rocky 1 and Copland it's due, but most forget about this little scene:

[YT]DMyca5XC_Ao[/YT]

Arnold thumb's upping doesn't compare to that. That was probably a stunt thumb anyway.

Not actually sure, but I know Arnold was a self-made millionaire before he was 30, and before he did movies. Dude was gonna be a success no matter what line of work he tried.

ok I'll give sly the nod for drama but comedy was easily Arnolds and to me being able to be funny is better.

[YT]DMyca5XC_Ao[/YT]

Sly is worth more and you're right he is definitely the better actor. I like both but Sly is my homeboy for life.

Only one of those men got pregnant and gave birth.

IMO Sly>Arnold. Also Stallone has an Oscar while Arnold doesn't.

Here's an I saw interview not to long ago where Stallone was saying that him and Arnold have always been competitive.

[YT]Zbz5cRXS2Mk[/YT]

Would it be accurate to say that Sly started stronger and seems to be finishing stronger, while Arnold dominated the middle rounds?

dont see any sign of competitiveness during the interview man, if anything I saw two men trying to put the other one up and laughing at how "they used to be"... people will always judge the world subjectively and usually what you see in others is basically a reflection of yourself... Peace

Would it be accurate to say that Sly started stronger and seems to be finishing stronger, while Arnold dominated the middle rounds?

in pure acting? sure

but a 7 time my olympia > what sly did before acting

dont see any sign of competitiveness during the interview man, if anything I saw two men trying to put the other one up and laughing at how "they used to be"... people will always judge the world subjectively and usually what you see in others is basically a reflection of yourself... Peace

If you studied how politicians and news anchors use body language while speaking, it's pretty clear. Now I have not studied political body language, but I saw a segment on tv about it once.

Notice Sly's flexing and fidgeting (that part is really obvious), but then notice when Arnold says something about a "buddy movie" how he motions towards Sly when saying the word "buddy"...as in side kick. Also notice Arnold talking about a scene from Escape Plan, saying "Sly was there, beneath me." Just skip to the end where they're wrapping up and listen to the way Sly says "thank you." That sounds like a beaten man right there, imo.

Politicians use this all the time, during debates, speeches, etc. And if you think Arnold has not looked into how to effectively use this little mind game, then you haven't seen his political speeches, or heard much about his personality. Dude LOVES mind games.

but a 7 time my olympia > what sly did before acting

What Sly did before acting was he wrote Rocky.

7 time Mr. Olympia is crazy impressive, for sure. But the only reason most of us even know about him doing that, is because of his film career. I can't tell you who won last years Mr. Olympia, and I bet most people don't know. Arnold's body building feats were nuts, but they fade away imo. Rocky will never fade away, and is well known by most people on this planet.

Rambo 1 really doesn't hold up well if you watch it today

Why is Sly always the same height as Arnold at events?

Last edited:
Rambo 1 really doesn't hold up well if you watch it today

Why is Sly always the same height as Arnold at events?

That scene at the end (I posted above) is still gut-wrenching, imo. You can't help but feel so freakin sorry for John Rambo. But I know what you mean. To me though, it's more interesting than the other Rambo films, but I sort of prefer the pure badass Rambo that was in all the sequels.

On the height issue, I've heard rumors that Arnold is actually closer to 5'10, instead of 6'2. But I've also heard Sly is like 5'7, so who knows.

Back