Competitive sub-text between Sly and Arnold in recent interview?

Bench the 275 every fucking day, homie.

Those bolded are the only films that could possibly stack up.

Over the Top was about fucking arm wrestling.

Over the Top is a great movie.

Nothing Stallone has done comes close to Terminator 1 and 2 though. Predator is awesome, but it's never been because of Arnold for me.

It's funny that Sly has become as, if not more, inarticulate than Arnold.

They've been competing for like 90 years. Sly used to hate Arnold because he was always better than him.

He was a better action star but only one of them has Oscar nominations. His acting in First Blood and Rocky 1 was better than anything Arnie could ever do.

I loved Cop Land. Great cast and it was taken place in what looked like my neighborhood at the time. It was also right around the same time as the Sopranos which is my GOAT HBO show. Was a good time to be from Jersey. Before Me and Mah Boys and the Jersey Shore. Everything was mafia related.

Disagree with the bolded part completely. I never thought Stallones acting was that great. Arnold is the only one that made me cry out of the two with terminator 2 the thumbs up at the end.

Those bolded are the only films that could possibly stack up.

Over the Top was about fucking arm wrestling.

You haven't seen Death Race 2000, have you?

Over the Top is a great movie.

Nothing Stallone has done comes close to Terminator 1 and 2 though. Predator is awesome, but it's never been because of Arnold for me.

It's funny that Sly has become as, if not more, inarticulate than Arnold.

all that HGH and TRT takes it toll lol

Disagree with the bolded part completely. I never thought Stallones acting was that great. Arnold is the only one that made me cry out of the two with terminator 2 the thumbs up at the end.

Arnold was fucking perfect in T1. Easily his best performance. T2 almost makes up for the difference in other areas, but between the two actors, T1 is the clear winner for best performance IMO

You haven't seen Death Race 2000, have you?

I have, actually.

Its entertaining for sure and the cars were ridiculous (in a good way), though Sly was never the best part of the film for me.

I have, actually.

Its entertaining for sure and the cars were ridiculous (in a good way), though Sly was never the best part of the film for me.

He's hilarious in it.

I'd put it over at least three of those Ahnold films.

I liked Over the top very much when I was a kid.

I dont even need to watch this video to know that Arnold won. It's fucking Arnold.

Yeah, I'm not really following what is meant by "competition". Arnold had bigger movies, was Governator of the most important state in the US. Oh, and BTW a 7 times Mr Olympia.

The thing with Arnold is that he could always put his ego aside to work with really talented Directors like Verhoeven (Total Recall), Milius (Conan), Reitman (Twins) etc.

To compare, Stallone was originally supposed to be in Beverly Hills Cop. But he priced himself out of what would of been a huge franchise for him. I know he wrote or co-wrote a lot of his own films to varying degrees but aside from Rocky and First Blood they dont hold up.

The thing with Arnold is that he could always put his ego aside to work with really talented Directors like Verhoeven (Total Recall), Milius (Conan), Reitman (Twins) etc.

To compare, Stallone was originally supposed to be in Beverly Hills Cop. But he priced himself out of what would of been a huge franchise for him. I know he wrote or co-wrote a lot of his own films to varying degrees but aside from Rocky and First Blood they dont hold up.

Thank fuck for that and thank fuck for Eddie.

On topic, Arnold for me easily i mean Predator and Terminator 1 and 2.

Guess who's worth more money...

Going to throw a curveball, i use to and maybe still do find JCVD's movies more fun and entertaining.

Back