COMPETITION LOG - 2017 S&C Deadlift Comp

MatterOverMind

Pulling for you
@Black
Reaction score
Welcome to the 2017 S&C deadlift competition log - A place to help/encourage your teammates, talk shit to your opponents, and maybe even log a workout or two.

HERE is a link to the original thread that has all of the rules, regulations, and other bullshit that nobody cares about.

And here are the teams, each person's starting one rep max, and a final 1rm goal of those who chose to state one:

@NurseKnuckles - 495 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 565)
@The_observer86 - 455 lbs
@MatterOverMind - 445 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 600)
@Cmart - 445 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 500)
@ASUThermo - 601 lbs
@cincymma79 - 615 lbs
@Obscure Terror - 440 lbs
@spdrew2143 - 680 lbs
@KotovSyndrome - 507 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 551)

@JimRussel - 675 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 700, "but hopefully a lot more")
@Parrulo - 330 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 396 lbs)
@MilkManUK - 419 lbs
@Bloodhy - 420 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 465)
@xPINKx - 396 lbs
@eastNYgoon138 - 385 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 455)
@rocketskates - 622 lbs
@btwrestler119 - 505 lbs

@fbmmofo - 562 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 600)
@SexyMahnaz - 440 lbs
@Cool Hand Luke - 385 lbs
@Oblivian - 510 lbs
@Japmanx - 535 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 585)
@frystyle - 333 lbs
@toonie - 495 lbs
@ThePitBull32 - 405 lbs (Final 1rm goal: 525)

Current 1rm improvement videos (click weight for link):

@MilkManUK - 474 lbs (+55 lbs)

Let the games begin!

Last edited:
There's no crybaby bitching in this thread yet? That can only mean one thing: Mr. "Hopefully a whole lot more" (than 25 pounds in 6 months while on PEDs lolol) hasn't been in yet. He'll be here riding my jock momentarily.

Green team: can get some team name suggestions?

Pulled 387.5lbs x 1 today - 2.5lb improvement from opening 1RM

Sheeeit...that was like 3 weeks ago I did that lift.

Are you just going to max out every session Cool?

Are you just going to max out every session Cool?

No, again I'm totally new to all of this but my plan was to max out at the end of every 5/3/1 cycle. I know you're supposed to deload on the 4th week so I figured it was a good time to try for new 1RM PRs, especially in light of the competition.

If you think there is a better way or smarter way, I'd like to hear since I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Testing isn't bad, but can fristrat you if you don't hit the numbers you are supposed to hit. 531 Beyond suggests doing a 6 week cycle and then deloading, but you can use it to test.

What's everyone doing as far as logging? I think I'm just going to log deadlifts and maybe assistance work like rows. I don't think I'm going to log squats and such.

No, again I'm totally new to all of this but my plan was to max out at the end of every 5/3/1 cycle. I know you're supposed to deload on the 4th week so I figured it was a good time to try for new 1RM PRs, especially in light of the competition.

If you think there is a better way or smarter way, I'd like to hear since I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Obviously everyone is different, but for me I think maxing out every four weeks is overkill. I max out a couple times a year at most. I also think deloading so often is a bit of a waste, but again that's just my opinion and everyone is different.

What's everyone doing as far as logging? I think I'm just going to log deadlifts and maybe assistance work like rows. I don't think I'm going to log squats and such.
I think I'm just going to copy and paste my deadlift training days.

Sons of Sigmarsson sounds pretty cool. We should make Tees and wear them on DL day! Vista Print will give you a white soft style cotton shirt printed on the front and shipped for under $25 Canadian. I just made one for myself for Lift for Kids.

upload_2017-6-7_15-45-49.png

just a shugeshon unless we don't go with that name. I thought it sounded pretty badass and I like the reference Deadlift or Die.

Back