Comparing Kell Brooks weight jump to Pacquiao's

Its the fact that the clear best at 160 is not fighting the clear best at 147. If kell was the man at 147 it might be a tiny bit different. This fight came out of nowhere. I lost alot of respect for ggg for this fight.

Ggg still has something to prove at 160. The same way I'm against pac vs vargas I'm against this huge mismatch.

Ggg is going to smoke this dude and possiblely end his career and we might not ever know how good kell could of been at 147
Except he would be fighting the best but the guy just doesn't want to make the fight. I don't like this fight either but I'm not going to complain too much do to the circumstances. Besides is there a clear cut "The Man" at 147?

Except he would be fighting the best but the guy just doesn't want to make the fight. I don't like this fight either but I'm not going to complain too much do to the circumstances. Besides is there a clear cut "The Man" at 147?

No there's not a clear guy at 147. That's part of the problem. These guys need to fight eachother instead of bigger guys for no reason. Ggg needs to fight his own guys also.

I have to complain. You know there is rumor that Gamboa is going to 150 to fight cotto. These bigger guys are taking advantage of smaller guys. I mean the smallet guy plays a part but damn this stuff is just sick to me. It's not entertaining watching a smaller guy get wrecked.

Mark my words kell is getting fucked up

Last edited:
More like an average sized deal.

I don't really care one way or the other, and there's probably not a ln objective way to say how "big" someone is without extensive medical tests. But he's among the shortest, and it's his 7th weight division. Make of that what you will.

I don't really care one way or the other, .
No one does.

I said he was perhaps short for the weight. I don't think thats the same thing as small. Like I said, he has big legs and a candy apple head.

Freddie has said that Manny could make 140 "pretty easily". Mayweather is also a small welterweight. In fact a lot of the top welterweights aren't that big.

I have to complain. You know there is rumor that Gamboa is going to 150 to fight cotto.

Whaaaat? I don't even think that would be allowed.

No one does.

I said he was perhaps short for the weight. I don't think thats the same thing as small. Like I said, he has big legs and a candy apple head.

Middleweight head and calves, at least.

You mention the Oscar fight. You think Oscar was on the level that Golovkin is now when he fought Pac?

Agreed. We gotta try to remember how people looked at those fights at the time. Oscar was the favourite going into that fight. Trinidad was the favourite over Bhop and we all know how that went.

While I think that GGG wil steamroll Brook and comparisons to pac vs dlh and ggg vs brook are dumb, we can't cheapen a win that an underdog pulled off, especially when most people counted him out. It's easy for us to feel unimpressed by big wins when we have hindsight. Pac's win is still a big win in the eyes of many, even if there are asterisks next to it. That's the fight game. John Morrisey won nearly all his title fights on askterisks, but the dude was immortalized and even became a U.S. Senator. It is what it is. I am not outraged by this fight, now was I outraged by Canelo vs Khan. The truth is I know that money and ego rules prizefighting and that jades me each year more and more.

I am not trying to just be a Manny hater or pretending like I know more then you or feel a need to change your opinion, but I noticed a general increase in strength, muscle, head size, stamina, power from pacquiao in his fights vs Morales. I sense that Manny was doing steroids starting after he faded and looked tiny in the first fight with Erik.
View attachment 129885 View attachment 129887
View attachment 129891 View attachment 129893

Still, all you are doing is saying: "I got a feeling about this." That's useless.

Mayweather actually failed three A sample tests. That happened and then they just didn't test his B samples. Talk about that. You've got more to go on than a "feeling".

Manny could of gave the fan's the greatest match at the best time by agreeing to the drug test but some how thats floyds fault. He didn't start testing if I'm right until after he got starched.

Guess he was scared someone else's juice was better

You seem to be saying Manny was on the juice so why can't Kell too?
I think anyone who really knows boxing knows that most guys at the top if not all are on some type of PED's. Not just steroids.

Steroids don't make an athlete a better boxer but it does help with things like moving up in weight with pure muscle within a short period of time without losing too much speed and stamina.

I think anyone who really knows boxing knows that most guys at the top if not all are on some type of PED's. Not just steroids.

Steroids don't make an athlete a better boxer but it does help with things like moving up in weight with pure muscle within a short period of time without losing too much speed and stamina.
I'm not an expert so I don't know. Anything is possible I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back