Comparing Kell Brooks weight jump to Pacquiao's

Its the fact that the clear best at 160 is not fighting the clear best at 147. If kell was the man at 147 it might be a tiny bit different. This fight came out of nowhere. I lost alot of respect for ggg for this fight.
I get its a mismatch but its not really fair to say you lost respect for GGG. GGG was originally going to fight Eubank before he ducked him so this was a last minute switch. Its not like GGG specifically picked Brook. We as fans love to blame the fighters but forget sometimes its the teams who pick the fights. I lost respect for Canelo. None of this would of been happening if Canelo grew some balls.

I get its a mismatch but its not really fair to say you lost respect for GGG. GGG was originally going to fight Eubank before he ducked him so this was a last minute switch. Its not like GGG specifically picked Brook. We as fans love to blame the fighters but forget sometimes its the teams who pick the fights. I lost respect for Canelo. None of this would of been happening if Canelo grew some balls.

I agree with losing respect for canelo. He should off fought ggg after talking all that shit in the ring.

I just can't get behind this fight for any reason. Kell should of cleaned out his div and ggg should of fought someone his own size.

I'm really worried about kell. That's not a joke

Pacquiao did not gain nearly as much weight as people think he did.

hqdefault.jpg

Good find.

Manny was a master at weight cutting. Heck, he actually weighed more than Oscar on fight night.

It wasn't that he put on a ton of weight to move to higher weight lasses, it's that he cut less weight.

I don't buy the claims that he juiced to move up in weight. If he ever used a PED, I'd assume it was a diuretic.

8 weight divisions putting him in the all time arguments, compared to 2 weights for a payday and an arse whooping.

Good find.

Manny was a master at weight cutting. Heck, he actually weighed more than Oscar on fight night.

It wasn't that he put on a ton of weight to move to higher weight lasses, it's that he cut less weight.

I don't buy the claims that he juiced to move up in weight. If he ever used a PED, I'd assume it was a diuretic.
People like to call Manny a small welterweight but hes not small for the weight at all. Short for the weight, maybe.

People like to call Manny a small welterweight but hes not small for the weight at all. Short for the weight, maybe.

Not many welterweights are his size or smaller. He fought the few who are close.

He has huge legs and a big bobble head. He's not that small. There's a reason he hasn't gone back to 135 or 140.

He has huge legs and a big bobble head. He's not that small. There's a reason he hasn't gone back to 135 or 140.
Have you met manny in real life? Stood next to him? My close friend who is 5'2 says he is a small man.

How did she meet him? She is a nurse and was working at the sports clinic at the time in LA.

Lol at pacquiao not being a small. What seano are you like 5'4?

Have you met manny in real life? Stood next to him? My close friend who is 5'2 says he is a small man.

How did she meet him? She is a nurse and was working at the sports clinic at the time in LA.

Lol at pacquiao not being a small. What seano are you like 5'4?
6'2".

I've watched Manny fight there welterweights, but that nurse story was neat.

Manny is 5'5 and always weighs around 144-150 daily.

Freddie says he thinks manny would be ideal at 140 but then manny would have to diet and be careful with nutrition throughout camp. He says manny doesn't want that. He likes to eat 3-4 times a day always the same meal. White rice, steak, & some soup broth on the side. He likes to eat too much and doesn't cut weight.

Him and Floyd are all time greats and legends in that they can fight at their walking daily weights and dominate. Other guys fighting at 147 have to kill themselves in the gym and nutrition to make the weight. While those two especially Floyd, eats whatever he wants during camp. Always eating fat burger and fried chicken wings after training.

Doug Fischer of Ring Mag said that when he first covered manny back in 2001-2003, manny was cutting lots of weight to make 122-126 back then. PAC would only have a bowl of soup in the morning and not eat for the rest of the day.

Look, Pac may be small compared to the largest welters like Paul Williams but a guy who would need to go on a special diet to make 140 is not an undersized welterweight. He's never seemed undersized against guys like Bradley, who fought at middleweight as an amateur or Mosley who has fought at 154 comfortably and as high as 160. Looked about the same size as Cotto who is a solid 154.

He's a smaller than average welterweight. Not a huge deal.

• Pacquiao starting fight weight: 98lbs (to be fair he was only 16 but by 18 he was fighting at 112lbs) and gradually moved up.
  • Pacquiao in 2008 fought at 129lbs and 8 months later fought Oscar at 142lbs (13lbs jump). Pacquiao was 30 years old.
  • Kell Brooks starting fight weight: 147lbs at 18 years old (has fought at 154lbs).
  • Kell Brook is jumping up from 147 to 160 to fight GGG for the first time (13lbs jump). Kell Brook is 30 years old.

Pacquiao jumped up in weight with pure muscle. He didn't look fat. Didn't seem to lose much speed and stamina. His power did seem to increase. I know how he did it but I don't want to throw any allegations out there and piss any of the pacquiao fans off. He's still a great fighter. The point I'm trying to make is why cant brook do the same?
You seem to be saying Manny was on the juice so why can't Kell too?

You mention the Oscar fight. You think Oscar was on the level that Golovkin is now when he fought Pac?
So you think GGG right now is on a higher level than Oscar was when he fought Floyd?

We dont really know OP, the more important question is, what was their walk around weight?

As far as pure muscle goes, pac is a skinny dude, he has never been fat. He probably had to cut weight to make 127, meaning he could be walking around in the mid 130s.
Kell Brook walks around with a double chin and weight drains/diets to fight at 147. 30 days from the fight he weighs in at 176.

I dont see a correlation.
You can't always go by walking around weight. GGG is going to be a lot bigger opponent than he's used to even if they enter the ring at the same weight.

Back