Comparing Kell Brooks weight jump to Pacquiao's

J

Julius_Caesar

• Pacquiao starting fight weight: 98lbs (to be fair he was only 16 but by 18 he was fighting at 112lbs) and gradually moved up.
  • Pacquiao in 2008 fought at 129lbs and 8 months later fought Oscar at 142lbs (13lbs jump). Pacquiao was 30 years old.

• Kell Brooks starting fight weight: 147lbs at 18 years old (has fought at 154lbs).
  • Kell Brook is jumping up from 147 to 160 to fight GGG for the first time (13lbs jump). Kell Brook is 30 years old.

Pacquiao jumped up in weight with pure muscle. He didn't look fat. Didn't seem to lose much speed and stamina. His power did seem to increase. I know how he did it but I don't want to throw any allegations out there and piss any of the pacquiao fans off. He's still a great fighter. The point I'm trying to make is why cant brook do the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
You mention the Oscar fight. You think Oscar was on the level that Golovkin is now when he fought Pac?

We dont really know OP, the more important question is, what was their walk around weight?

As far as pure muscle goes, pac is a skinny dude, he has never been fat. He probably had to cut weight to make 127, meaning he could be walking around in the mid 130s.
Kell Brook walks around with a double chin and weight drains/diets to fight at 147. 30 days from the fight he weighs in at 176.

I dont see a correlation.

Pacquiao did not gain nearly as much weight as people think he did.

hqdefault.jpg

As far as pure muscle goes, pac is a skinny dude, he has never been fat. He probably had to cut weight to make 127.
Brook had to cut more weight to make 147 then Pacquiao had to cut to make 127 so Brook moving up to 160 to fight GGG is way easier for him then Pacquiao when he moved up. The point I'm trying to make is these things can happen.

brook doesn't need to do much jumping just less weight cutting
Yeah that's my point. So why is everyone outraged by this fight and calling it a mismatch when there has been way worse weight jumps before? I get it GGG is powerful and he will have the advantage being used to fighting at 160 but fighters have overcome harder obstacles in the past.

Sort of related, but in addition to him being younger, remember he was poor and probably really malnourished growing up. Pac's weight jump up is interesting, especially when you take into consideration that he apparently has 8 inch wrists. Another notable 8 inch wristed champion is Mike Tyson, and I believe Joe Louis was up there as well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/656951-bigger-skeleton-mass-benefits-manny-pacquiao

Brook was a 147 pounder at 18. Safe to assume 160lbs isn't a problem for him at 30yrs old.

Kell better get on steroids if he wan'ts any chance of winning. ;)

Pacquiao did not gain nearly as much weight as people think he did.

hqdefault.jpg

I am not trying to just be a Manny hater or pretending like I know more then you or feel a need to change your opinion, but I noticed a general increase in strength, muscle, head size, stamina, power from pacquiao in his fights vs Morales. I sense that Manny was doing steroids starting after he faded and looked tiny in the first fight with Erik.
pac1.jpg pac3.jpg
pac5.jpg pac4.jpg

Idk about the same but kell vs ggg is a shit fight.

People today are like see. Kell is bigger than ggg 30 days out lol

Well Oscar wasn't the only guy Pac fought after he moved up.
Didn't say he was. But going up and taking a fight against a guy his trainer recently trained and said was shot was less of a risk than going up to fight Golovkin who has not shown any vulnerability at all.

Yeah that's my point. So why is everyone outraged by this fight and calling it a mismatch when there has been way worse weight jumps before? I get it GGG is powerful and he will have the advantage being used to fighting at 160 but fighters have overcome harder obstacles in the past.

Its the fact that the clear best at 160 is not fighting the clear best at 147. If kell was the man at 147 it might be a tiny bit different. This fight came out of nowhere. I lost alot of respect for ggg for this fight.

Ggg still has something to prove at 160. The same way I'm against pac vs vargas I'm against this huge mismatch.

Ggg is going to smoke this dude and possiblely end his career and we might not ever know how good kell could of been at 147

Where's all the retards asking me why am I such a ggg hater because I'm bashing this fight?

Oh I know. It's because pactards have pacs dick so far down their throat that when I bash his new fight I hate him lol. Get the fucking sand out your vaginas and recognize that pac has once again picked a shitty opponent.

Back